All member reviews for Taken

Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2011

Pause fro any age, but for 9 and up

I love it! I saw it when I was 9 and ha no nightmares about it. Women are potrayed as wimps, one women get backhanded by her pimp lightly and falls. Women get rapedwith drugs in a sex ring. Brian leaves out all the other poor girls to find Kim. But, still a good movie
Adult Written byJakk May 19, 2011

Intense and disturbing, but fine for most teens

Taken is an interesting and exciting film, but is also very violent and leaves a mixed message. First of all, this film is nightmare material for parents worried about their kids being snatched, and even more so for kids. It's quite disturbing at times, and as such isn't for squeamish viewers. This film is also exceptionally violent for a PG-13, with a body count in the dozens and many scenes of fighting, shooting, and killing. The most graphic content takes place offscreen, but there is one scene of torture that's rather disturbing, and the film is very intense even though it's not explicit. The film sends a mixed message. A father is willing to risk everything he has to save his daughter from criminals, but takes dozens of lives in the process. There is also moderate profanity, a few drug references, and a theme involving a prostitution ring. All in all, this isn't a film for tweens or younger kids, but most teens will be fine with it, assuming they're not easily frightened.
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2010

Great Movie really teaches a great message

Its great movie telling teens and kids not to tell people that your gonna be home alone and to meet up and talk to random guys and not to have the music so loud that if you get kidnapped no one can hear you scream. It was a great thriiling suspensfull movie that really taught a good lesson i would recommend parents to show it to all their kids sot their kids can learn soemthing.
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2010

action packed and average.

lots of action and drugs violent and average.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

ok movie lots of violence and themes

a ok action movie can be wired at times. i saw the uncut version and it is quiet violent. plenty of action scenes most with shooting and blood. a man is hit by a car and dies. the torture scene can be quiet intense with two nail things being stabbed in a mans legs and being eletrocuted. the kidnapping scene can be quiet intense and frightning. PG-13 language pi*ss off is used a few times from memory i thinks theres a few s-words in there and milder language. a lot of mature themes. young kids won't understand this movie quiet clearly. can be confusing at times. it's worth a rent if you really want to see it but if you just want to watch it just tape it off tv. 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer July 30, 2010

Some Iffy stuff but it's ok for Mature Audiences

Although this movie has some pretty iffy stuff, there is nothing too explicit. There is some language and the overall theme is quite intense but the way the movie is played out this is really * My younger brother (9 years old) saw this movie and was OK with it. Although, I dont think he understood what was going on
Kid, 12 years old June 19, 2010

Pretty good

this movie was pretty good. It was full of action. I would rate it R for Brutal Violence including a scene of torture, disturbing and sexual content, drug references and language.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byarose915 June 6, 2010

Good, intense movie, but not for children/teens

Just watched this movie with my husband after the kids had gone to bed. THANK GOD!! While I really enjoyed the movie there was so much violence and disregard for human life that I would have been mortified if my child had seen it. This movie has made me completely rethink the ratings system and what I allow my daughter to watch before I see it. As a quick example, the movie 13 going on 30 is a cute "PG-13" movie with no violence, and very little suggestive material. I would much rather explain that adults have intimate relationships than have no explination for the killing, fighting, and unlawfullness (is that a word??) that is in this movie. Please watch this before you let your children see it, and make your own decision, but be forwarned it is really not ok for children/teens up to 17.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewboyz12 June 3, 2010

AMAZIN!

This movie is da bomb, action all ova the place, although the whole story line of why the daughter's taken is kinda bad. It's about using her for sexual uses, druging her so high, she can't do anything about it. Great movie though.
Kid, 12 years old May 19, 2010

HORRIBLE!!!!!

HORRIBLE!!!! Worst movie ever. Scary and not good whatsoever. BAAADDDD!!!!!
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bycheer chick March 13, 2010

perfect suspense, revenge film!

definitely a movie for adults but it was great!! we loved every minute of it!
Parent of a 15 year old Written bycool-mom January 15, 2010

High Levels of Disturbing and Brutally Violent Content

I am a parent checking out the movie to see if it would be ok for my 15 year old to see. I was using "Clearplay" which allows parents to edit the movie to delete inappropriate content. I had it on the minimum filter settings, and had to keep shutting my eyes from disturbing violence. I couldn't believe this wasn't rated R. Finally, I reset the settings up to medium filter on sex and violence, and high setting for language filter. It was much more tolerable. I feel strongly that the father was portrayed as feeling so above the law in the brutality he portrayed. I am deeply concerned that teens and tweens are watching this stuff and becoming so desentitized to violence and brutality to human beings. Even though I felt that the father wanting to build his relationship with his daughter was great, the other content was too disturbing for me.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymakaylalalax7 January 13, 2010
i'm 13 and this was such a good movie. i love it
Teen, 14 years old Written byLdude407 January 9, 2010

Good movie!

This was a great movie! Although it showed alot of women being taken advantage of. As trafficking prostitutes and such. Some violence, not that bad, just kicking, punching.
Parent of a 7 and 17 year old Written byDeath10000 January 7, 2010

Perfect for teens because of topic

Great movie! My 13 yr old watched with her friends and loved it!
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

good movie 12 over

very good movie lost of killing and action truth is the drama is very intense 12 and over worth watching
Teen, 13 years old Written byCubusmybro October 20, 2009
Good Movie. Know your kid, at least 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer_chickk_21 October 18, 2009

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's my favorite movie of all time! i highly recommend it. it kept you on the edge of your seat, and it never made me bored.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2009

real life stuff people!

the movie was amazing first of all. but the maturity level needs to be on the higher side. i was so heartbroken because this movie is an example of real life. every day mostly in europe, young women and children are kidnapped, drugged, sold,a dn so many become like prostitutes. this is not the way we are supposed to live peoples! make a difference and stop human trafficking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBub Bidderskins October 3, 2009

Excellent movie, perfect for teens

Excellent movie. It had me on the edge of my seat throughout. Some of the content isn't for the kiddies, though. The whole plot centers on an underground slave trade that is definitely not for kids. This trade, however, and its proponents are the enemy throughout the film. Not only is it not age-appropriate for them, they just wouldn't get it. The violence is non-stop throughout, but there is very little blood and gore. Several references to drugs are made as well. Overall, great film for teens.