Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Parent of a 7 and 17 year old Written byDeath10000 January 7, 2010

Perfect for teens because of topic

Great movie! My 13 yr old watched with her friends and loved it!
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

good movie 12 over

very good movie lost of killing and action truth is the drama is very intense 12 and over worth watching
Teen, 13 years old Written byCubusmybro October 20, 2009
Good Movie. Know your kid, at least 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer_chickk_21 October 18, 2009

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's my favorite movie of all time! i highly recommend it. it kept you on the edge of your seat, and it never made me bored.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2009

real life stuff people!

the movie was amazing first of all. but the maturity level needs to be on the higher side. i was so heartbroken because this movie is an example of real life. every day mostly in europe, young women and children are kidnapped, drugged, sold,a dn so many become like prostitutes. this is not the way we are supposed to live peoples! make a difference and stop human trafficking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBub Bidderskins October 3, 2009

Excellent movie, perfect for teens

Excellent movie. It had me on the edge of my seat throughout. Some of the content isn't for the kiddies, though. The whole plot centers on an underground slave trade that is definitely not for kids. This trade, however, and its proponents are the enemy throughout the film. Not only is it not age-appropriate for them, they just wouldn't get it. The violence is non-stop throughout, but there is very little blood and gore. Several references to drugs are made as well. Overall, great film for teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 August 25, 2009

Eh...It was ok

This movie was pretty good but not great. I would have given the unrated version 4 stars, but the originally rated PG-13 one was kinda lame. the action scenes in the original were ok but the were edited a lot from the unrated. So if u wanna watch this movie get the DVD and watch the extended version.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySynchronicity August 13, 2009

A brilliant, fast-paced thrill ride with a message, for teens and up only

In Taken, a man named Brian unwillingly lets his daughter Kim go to France with a friend on some conditions. However, when Kim and her friend arrive in France, they are taken into prostitution just by talking to a guy they think is cute. Brian hears, through Kim's cell phone, the two girls being taken. He calls the sick men who are taking women such as his daughter and basically says, "If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." And so begins a crazy, awesome thriller that ponders this question multiple times...where do you draw the line when it comes to protecting your kids? Speaking of that, this film is only for people 13 and up (14 or 15 and up for the unrated cut). In terms of content, most of the film is about sex trafficking of women and prostitution, and there's a brief scene of prostitutes and their clients having sex (but it's not explicit, and they're wearing clothing). There's some bad language and a middle finger, but nothing too serious (compared to most PG-13 films these days, and the PG-rated movie Speed Racer had the middle finger gesture). There's a bit of alcohol use and smoking, but the most obvious drug content is the use of what might be heroin to make the women do their jobs. Finally, there is a lot of violence. However, there's a point to it; Brian will stop at nothing to save his daughter. There's a lot of punching, kicking, neck-breaking, and what have you, but the most violent part was the torture scene, especially in the unrated version. In the PG-13, Brian just shocks the guy. In the unrated version, Brian drives 2 large nails in the guy's legs, hooks up electrical cables to the nails, and shocks him multiple times to get information. Other than the extended torture scene and some bloodsplatter in the shoot outs, the unrated version is just about the same. That doesn't mean it's not good. Overall, Taken is a brilliant thriller that actually has a message: some people will stop at nothing to protect their kids.
Adult Written byXeeraH August 8, 2009

Simple and meaningful.

Awesome movie packed with intense action. Love the character's fighting skills, much like Jason Bourne from the Bourne series. I believe the show movie touches on real life situation like women being exploited into the slave industry like backpackers or travelers. As much a traveling alone with a friend seems okay but we must also be wary when being in a foreign country. The father I believe takes up a responsible role in ensuring the safety of her daughter. As much as he seems protective; as if the daughter is immature, but he knows the facts of the real world. He's intelligent and I don't see why he should not be a good role model. There are was a scene of women who are drugged and forced to have sex with the workers, might be a little disturbing. It was kinda for me. Violence was quite intense esp. the punches and kicks but not really a lot of blood is seen. Overall ill like to say that apart from the violence, it showed the love of a father towards his daughter, how planned his act carefully. Ensuring her safety despite her life at stake. At times we gotta know that there is a reason why our parents deny us of somethings, not because they don't understand, it's because they want to protect us. Nothing is for sure. This movie maybe a fictional film but it does portray real world issues.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCoreyK July 29, 2009

Action Trash

Plain and simple, this is R-rated stuff. The plot is dark and disturbing, but still fun to watch 'cause Liam Neeson is such a great actor. The action scenes are good, but it's a silly movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygodawgs56 July 17, 2009
Great movie but lots of violence
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2009

Awsome

This movie is one of my fav movies!! It includes very good messages on how to be careful!! The violence is pretty disturbing. I personally think it wasn't violent AT ALL!! I saw the unrated version so i don't know which is which!! THIS MOVIE IS VERY WELL MADE. Great acting, U SHOULD SOOOO C IT!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byOffbeat_Oddball July 15, 2009

Good movie with a way of showing you how the real world is.

Now, since everybody seems to be flipping out over this movie, I'll tell you more about it. Yes, a daughter is kidnapped and thrown into a grisly world of sex trafficking and drug addiction, but the message in this movie is how much her father loves her. He goes through complete and utter hell trying to get her back. People die, but they're the bad guys, the people who are involved with this sick business. There aren't any actual sex scenes, there are drugs involved, but nothing too graphic. Kids who are 14+ should already know there are sick people out there, and should be able to handle this movie. It had a great storyline, plot, etc, etc. I loved it. I couldn't look away throughout the whole thing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysamples964 July 13, 2009

good for 12 and up

i saw this movie and thought that it was fine i didn't get scared the father kills a lot of people and the daughter is almost made a prostitute but i thought it was great and loved it sooo much.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovie_lover11 July 3, 2009

older kids

ok it was agreat movie im 11 and saw but im vry mature for my age and can see what ever i want but froma regular parents few this is not for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2009

Good movie for tweens and up

This movie is definitely PG-13 for thematic elements and violence. Some big concerns were how much violence the dad goes through to save his daughter and how they drug the teens and turn them into prostitutes. But I'm only 11 and I thought it was a very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrayuzi June 17, 2009

Intense and Action-Packed. Only for teens and up.

This is a top notch movie. One of the most intense movies you will ever see. But for anyone under 13 i would not recomend it. It has a lot of intense hand to hand combat, shooting, and a torture scene. The story may also be quite disturbing, even to teens. There is no explicit sexual content, but you can infer that there is sexual activity going on. However The language isn't very bad for a PG-13. This movie is great for anyone 13 and up. NOTE: on the dvd, there is an unrated version that would for sure be rated R. Instead of being tortured by holding onto the things that shock you, brian stabs metal stakes into the victums legs and attaches the shocking things onto the stakes. There is also other stuff like occasional bloody holes in shot victums. but only in the unrated version.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudyandSuejy June 6, 2009

Taken(: MATURE 13 year olds would be BEST!

We thought this movie was prolly the best. Because, sure there was some sexual content but it was still good. Because the girls ARENT completely naked like they said up above. But, it too teaches a lesson. Because the dad learns to trust his daughter afterwards and the daughter learns to listen & obey her father.
Parent Written byJill Murphy June 1, 2009

Not for tweens, but parents and older teens will enjoy the suspense.

Great, action packed movie. A lot of killing, so this is def. more of an adult movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 May 30, 2009

Taken to abuse and underground sex trading.

Taken is a very good thriller that deals with very heavy issues such as prostitution, substance abuse, intense violent tension everywhere, but it's a movie that teaches young girls not to trust anyone when alone and Liam Neeson's performance is really good.