Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Kid, 12 years old May 24, 2009

Iffy movie for youngsters but great entertainment for teens!

In the violence category I would give it a D+ (A+ being the highest E+ being the lowest). I think this because of torture used with electrocution, shootings, beatings, one on one combat. The main charcter eithers beats, tortures, or kills ofr info on his daughter. Sexual Content is a C. This because the whole movie is based off prostitution. There is no nudity, but there is half dresseded girls. Language I give a C+ for the use of a hand gesture and other not that strong language unless you are offended by the use of God and the S-Word. Commersialism I give a B because it is set in france which there aren't much shops we know about except for cars. Drugs I give a C- because people drug women so they don't care if they are forced into prostituton. Bad Role Models I give a C- because the main character, like I said earlier, kills, and tortures for information. Overall, I give this movie a C- for having lots of violence, sexual content, drugs and bad role models.
Teen, 14 years old Written byblazeman48 May 24, 2009
i have seen it and it is defenintly not for young kids
Adult Written byBroDude May 15, 2009

Good Action Film

I admit I had low expectations going into this movie and I was pleasantly surprised. It is basically about a Dad who will do all he can to rescue is daughter from a terrible fate. That said this movie is all about the action. The action is filmed well, choreographed well, and the film has a great pace. There is a ton of violence which is not very bloody. The violence does tend to offend the viewer, although it is brutal, because the antagonists are evil; similar to how in WWII movies we, the audience, don't care if nazis die because they understood to be so evil. Not a big thinking movie but it is entertaining for what it is. If you are a fan of a good action film you should see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysafeman5 April 29, 2009
Only for teens who understand that the world is not a safe place
Adult Written byNinjaGuy788 April 16, 2009

:O!

Great but very scary! So when i saw this, i wuz really excited and i didn't think it would be very disturbing or sexual. I WAS SO WRONG! My rating: R for Strong violence, disturbing images including rape, sexual content, and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byveggiegurl April 15, 2009
12 but a mature 12. It was a good movie. My friends and I went to see it. It was an excellent movie. Its not as scary or nearly as bad as people are claiming it to be. I enjoyed it and so did my friends.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypolicecow518 April 10, 2009

Okay movie if you like my reveiws email me at policecow518@aim.com

It was an okay movie. There was a lot of violence in the movie. Gunshooting, there are people that are killed and tortured. And there was some blood. Not alot but there was. People are getting worked up on the sex, it;s not that bad.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byParent and Son ... April 6, 2009

Entertaing flick but some themes may be inapropriate for kids under 12.

Parent: This was a very entertaining action film that brings back the karate chop to the back of the neck. kids around 12 may have a problem with the violence, especially a kidnapping scene and talk and images of teen sex slaves.(no nudity) Child: First, I will mention I am 12 years old. I was really entertained by this and kids around my age will love the action. Tweens may uncomfortable with some prostitution themes and some violence. Yet this is the type of movie with has lots fighting and shooting but little blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc March 30, 2009
Adult Written byMNGR March 13, 2009

This movie was great!

This movie wasn't really that close to an "R" rated movie. There was some violence but not too much. But I didn't like all of the prostitution references even though they didn't show anything. All in all it was a good movie.
Adult Written byleon boter March 8, 2009

it is good movie

Adult Written bycombsn06 March 4, 2009
Adult Written byorigamifreak February 23, 2009

Awsome in a violent kind of way

Great action, but the main character does go overboard with the methods he uses to get his daughter back. If you want a movie filled with Liam Neeson beating people up, then this is the movie for you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHannahMontana_fan16 February 22, 2009

It was So BAD!

I thought it was Terrible, it did teach you how to not do those things, but it showed too much of Sex, and Prostitution. And it sweared Alot
Adult Written byktmae February 22, 2009

Exciting, heartpounding, and just plain awesome!

This movie was a real eye opener. I know that the whole sex slavery thing is a very mature subject but I think all adults and teens need to see this movie so that they'll know this stuff really happens. Kids and teens are kidnapped all the time and as soon as you think nothing will happen to your kid, that's when it does. I'm glad that the bad guys were killed (ok I know killing is violent but they deserved it) I was like "heck yeah" through the whole thing. This movie deserves a better rating than 2 or 2 1/2.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byMy Review February 22, 2009

Excellent!

I believe this movie is a must see for Adult and Teens. Parents and teen alike do not realize how easy it is for you to be "taken". Even when travelling in pairs or even when there are more of you. Especially girls traveling abroad. You need to be aware, watch what you say and who you say it to. Not every child has a father in government that can go over or has the financial means to go searching for them. Boys are also been taken as slaves as well. Came home and did some internet surfing after the movie. Even down in Mexico where we all travel to "all inclusive" parts, not even 20km away from the nicest sites PV there are tourists being taken or killed. Wrong place, wrong time. The movie just makes you think. I thought it deserved more than the 2-1/2 stars given for sure. Just my opinion.
Adult Written bystephengladstone3 February 22, 2009

Pretty Well Done!!!

Not for young kids. Not even some older.
Adult Written byvader123 February 22, 2009

AMAZING MOVIE almost as good as the dark knight but very mature

This movie is amazing but there is a lot of violence and sexual things. The violence is shooting, fist fights, torture. The torture scene is a man is being electrocuted repetidly at the end he is left to die. The shooting is intense with blood. The fist fights are brutal long and intense he breaks peoples arms, legs, necks with blood. Language is fairly mild. The movie is a must see
Adult Written byG3 February 16, 2009

Surprisingly Good Movie

If you've seen any of the Bourne movies, this is exactly like them. There's a lot of violence, no swearing really, and a couple of sexual things (like the subplot)
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2009

Taken is easily the best movie I have ever seen of 2009

When seeing Taken, I went with very little expectations, and came out very pleased. I just loved the movie. Everything was good about. It was suspenseful, thrilling, sad, and the ending was solid. I thought I was going into a clunker and instead came out with seeing the best movie of the year so far. I think 2009 is going to be a good year of movies. My bloody valentine 3-D, Coraline, The uninvited, and Taken were all good. Sex/Nudity: 1/3 of the movie has to do with prostitution. It plays a part in the movie and the whole "act" of the girl missing. You see some prostitutes in just lingerie, kind of. A man opens several curtains that reveal prostitutes having sex (you see them clothed, with just a little kiss, with them in bed) trying to look for his daughter. Some sexual references/innuendo such as "I'm going to sleep with him" and "Hard ons". Violence/Gore: 2/3 of the movie contain violence. Violence includes strangling, electrocuting, shooting, and choking. Most of it has to do with the main character in frustration, or in tough situations, dealing with the fact he's trying to find his daughter. Also the movie is about, a guy's daughter that has been taking from a group of strangers, so there's bound to be violent and intense acts throughout the film. Profanity: Surprisingly minimal and mild for a PG-13. A few uses of sh*t, a**, (sometimes with hole at the end), and mild obscenities. Consumerism: Well in the movie there are a lot of technical devices used for a guy trying to find his daughter. Substance use: Characters drink. Message: When you distrust someone's parenting skills, such as a mother pressuring that their daughter going to Rome, to a father that is unwilling to do that task, a lot can happen. For such instance as their daughter being taken from a group of strangers. Topics to discuss about: Prostitution, drugs, divorce, tough situations such as a character being taken, Family Recommended age: 14+