All member reviews for Taken

Violent, disturbing rescue/revenge thriller isn't for kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypolicecow518 April 10, 2009

Okay movie if you like my reveiws email me at policecow518@aim.com

It was an okay movie. There was a lot of violence in the movie. Gunshooting, there are people that are killed and tortured. And there was some blood. Not alot but there was. People are getting worked up on the sex, it;s not that bad.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byParent and Son ... April 6, 2009

Entertaing flick but some themes may be inapropriate for kids under 12.

Parent: This was a very entertaining action film that brings back the karate chop to the back of the neck. kids around 12 may have a problem with the violence, especially a kidnapping scene and talk and images of teen sex slaves.(no nudity) Child: First, I will mention I am 12 years old. I was really entertained by this and kids around my age will love the action. Tweens may uncomfortable with some prostitution themes and some violence. Yet this is the type of movie with has lots fighting and shooting but little blood.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc March 30, 2009

Adult Written byMNGR March 13, 2009

This movie was great!

This movie wasn't really that close to an "R" rated movie. There was some violence but not too much. But I didn't like all of the prostitution references even though they didn't show anything. All in all it was a good movie.
Adult Written byleon boter March 8, 2009

it is good movie

Adult Written bycombsn06 March 4, 2009
Adult Written byorigamifreak February 23, 2009

Awsome in a violent kind of way

Great action, but the main character does go overboard with the methods he uses to get his daughter back. If you want a movie filled with Liam Neeson beating people up, then this is the movie for you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHannahMontana_fan16 February 22, 2009

It was So BAD!

I thought it was Terrible, it did teach you how to not do those things, but it showed too much of Sex, and Prostitution. And it sweared Alot
Adult Written byktmae February 22, 2009

Exciting, heartpounding, and just plain awesome!

This movie was a real eye opener. I know that the whole sex slavery thing is a very mature subject but I think all adults and teens need to see this movie so that they'll know this stuff really happens. Kids and teens are kidnapped all the time and as soon as you think nothing will happen to your kid, that's when it does. I'm glad that the bad guys were killed (ok I know killing is violent but they deserved it) I was like "heck yeah" through the whole thing. This movie deserves a better rating than 2 or 2 1/2.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byMy Review February 22, 2009

Excellent!

I believe this movie is a must see for Adult and Teens. Parents and teen alike do not realize how easy it is for you to be "taken". Even when travelling in pairs or even when there are more of you. Especially girls traveling abroad. You need to be aware, watch what you say and who you say it to. Not every child has a father in government that can go over or has the financial means to go searching for them. Boys are also been taken as slaves as well. Came home and did some internet surfing after the movie. Even down in Mexico where we all travel to "all inclusive" parts, not even 20km away from the nicest sites PV there are tourists being taken or killed. Wrong place, wrong time. The movie just makes you think. I thought it deserved more than the 2-1/2 stars given for sure. Just my opinion.
Adult Written bystephengladstone3 February 22, 2009

Pretty Well Done!!!

Not for young kids. Not even some older.
Adult Written byvader123 February 22, 2009

AMAZING MOVIE almost as good as the dark knight but very mature

This movie is amazing but there is a lot of violence and sexual things. The violence is shooting, fist fights, torture. The torture scene is a man is being electrocuted repetidly at the end he is left to die. The shooting is intense with blood. The fist fights are brutal long and intense he breaks peoples arms, legs, necks with blood. Language is fairly mild. The movie is a must see
Adult Written byG3 February 16, 2009

Surprisingly Good Movie

If you've seen any of the Bourne movies, this is exactly like them. There's a lot of violence, no swearing really, and a couple of sexual things (like the subplot)
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2009

Taken is easily the best movie I have ever seen of 2009

When seeing Taken, I went with very little expectations, and came out very pleased. I just loved the movie. Everything was good about. It was suspenseful, thrilling, sad, and the ending was solid. I thought I was going into a clunker and instead came out with seeing the best movie of the year so far. I think 2009 is going to be a good year of movies. My bloody valentine 3-D, Coraline, The uninvited, and Taken were all good. Sex/Nudity: 1/3 of the movie has to do with prostitution. It plays a part in the movie and the whole "act" of the girl missing. You see some prostitutes in just lingerie, kind of. A man opens several curtains that reveal prostitutes having sex (you see them clothed, with just a little kiss, with them in bed) trying to look for his daughter. Some sexual references/innuendo such as "I'm going to sleep with him" and "Hard ons". Violence/Gore: 2/3 of the movie contain violence. Violence includes strangling, electrocuting, shooting, and choking. Most of it has to do with the main character in frustration, or in tough situations, dealing with the fact he's trying to find his daughter. Also the movie is about, a guy's daughter that has been taking from a group of strangers, so there's bound to be violent and intense acts throughout the film. Profanity: Surprisingly minimal and mild for a PG-13. A few uses of sh*t, a**, (sometimes with hole at the end), and mild obscenities. Consumerism: Well in the movie there are a lot of technical devices used for a guy trying to find his daughter. Substance use: Characters drink. Message: When you distrust someone's parenting skills, such as a mother pressuring that their daughter going to Rome, to a father that is unwilling to do that task, a lot can happen. For such instance as their daughter being taken from a group of strangers. Topics to discuss about: Prostitution, drugs, divorce, tough situations such as a character being taken, Family Recommended age: 14+
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose February 14, 2009

I loved it

what can i say? It was totally awesome and totally intense.
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 11, 2009

If I wasn't laughing and beinghyper at the beginning of the movie, i would have peed my pants!

I was hyper when I went into the theaters. It wasn't that bad, but definitely a PG-13
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlamingskullroxy13 February 8, 2009

Um.......yeah.

This movie is definetly not for children under the age of 14. The main idea of this movie was prositution,drugs and a slave ring. This movie does not set a good example for children, there was a lot of violence and a father that would stop at nothing to get his daughter back. There were a few lessons that could be learned in this movie. 1.Don't decieve your parents! 2. Find out who your friends really are. 3. Don't get all buddy, buddy with some random guy you just meet in another country. 4. Don't show that random guy were you live. That's just asking for trouble!! 5.Your parents know best. If the girl listened to her father in the first place then she wouldn't have gotten taken.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygabby19 February 6, 2009

MUST SEE!!!

This movie doesnt show any nude it my show a few things kids 11 and undre SHOULD NOT SEE it is for older kids and it sends a good message you dont need to go to another country as a woman alone it is dangerous but all in all AWESOME MOVIE!!
Adult Written byvitortraceur February 5, 2009
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 February 4, 2009

strong violence

I knew there would be lots of voilence, but I was surprised by some of the stuff. Honestly, didn't think too much language, or at least very often. We (husband, step-son, and I) liked it, but some of the stuff was left open and you kind of wonder, "what happened to this person..." but the guy beat up so many people, you practically lose track.