All teen and kid member reviews for Tammy

Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2014

Teen, 16 years old Written byiPunk July 2, 2014

Tammy has a bad role model

Kids need good role models. Tammy's grandmother was not a good role model for her. And I think it rubbed off on Tammy. Tammy gets fired from her job, and then goes on a road trip with her alcoholic grandma. She ends up in jail with her and robs the place that fired her to get the bail money. There is a lot of drinking in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDuckCommander13 July 14, 2014

Don't Get fooled by the ratings

This was a very funny movie and many people didn't like it but don't expect every movie to be like The Shawshank Redemption just because Melissa McCarthy ,Kathy Bates, and Susan Sarandon are in it. But anyways, this was a very funny movie about Tammy and her Grandma going on a road trip and they get into trouble. There are some minor sexual references, a weird 4th of July Party, and a scene with Tammy's Grandma and a man in a car but you don't see anything bad. There are some F words and S words but most middle schoolers have heard those words. In almost every scene Tammy's Grandma is drinking alcohol and they are drinking and driving but it isn't encouraged. There is mean name calling and some minor violence. But the message of the movie is to spend time with family.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylilywuzhere July 7, 2014

Good Movie!

The movie was good! In Canada, the rating is more fitting for the film (14A), however the rating is purely for the language. There is little violence, that is all played for laughs, and very little sexuality, however it is all implied. Tammy is her own hero, and although her choices aren't great, her reasoning for her choices are pure. A great movie for teens and adults!
Teen, 15 years old Written byHBayazeed July 29, 2014

Heartfelt but forgettable.

Tammy is heartfelt although a forgettable comedy about a relationship between a grandmother and her granddaughter, which should be exciting but not very original.
Teen, 17 years old Written byB-KMastah July 13, 2014

Innocent, forgettable, and funny enough.

This is a rare time when I don't agree with the general consensus on a movie. I was semi-apprehensive going into this because while I loved Bridesmaids and The Heat, Identity Thief was one of the worst movies of 2013. This isn't groundbreaking or generally rewatchable, but it's a nice, fun, forgettable, mild surprise. I laughed a bit and giggled a fair amount, and the cast elevates the material. The script isn't that good; there's barely a plot, but there are some solid jokes that Melissa McCarthy and Susan Sarandon help with. Mark Duplass is a nice addition as well, and there are some fun minor roles. The two leads have good chemistry, and while they aren't a match made in heaven or anything, they get the job done and are nice to watch. The pacing is fine despite the ending being about five minutes too long, and the jokes aren't mean-spirited or needlessly vulgar like Identity Thief or A Million Ways to Die in the West. I just don't know why they couldn't just make Sarandon be McCarthy's mother, since she's 23 years older than her and it's near-biologically impossible for them to be grandmother and granddaughter. I had a pleasant time, and even though the script is very loose, I had a bit of fun for 96 minutes. 6.8/10, okay, one thumb (barely) up, (barely) above average, etc.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKidsreviewsforadults July 5, 2014

Funny, Yet sad

Let's just cut to the chase. Tammy has some mild language, sexual content and a lesbian party. The language isn't as bad as expected. The sexual content is only after the BBQ bar for the most part. They do go to a lesbian 4th of July party. NOTHING happens, but it was a little surprising that it was in there. People really do relate to this movie through the alcoholic/diabetic grandmother. There are serious parts, yet funny parts. All in all, I believe this is a funny movie with a serious twist and there are good morals in it. towards the end of the movie, it gets MUCH tamer and is very sweet with good life lessons.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

Tammy Review

"Tammy" is the new comedy starring Melissa McCarthy and Susan Sarandon and so it turns into a road trip. It starts off very slowly and is kind of stupid and dumb. It is hilarious but stupid. The acting was ok and the story was ok. Check out my Instagram @moviereviews__10 for more
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlackRose212 July 27, 2014

Ok

This movie was ok. Nothing really stood out or made it especially funny. I almost fell asleep at some points, its not really good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLogan_3355 October 24, 2014

Hilarious movie

This was a hilarious move that had my laughing the entire time just like every other Melissa mccarthy movie Although i am a teenage boy so i find crude humor funny. This move has lots of swearing and some alcohol abuse, but other than that it is fine and if you already know the swear words there really isnt an ishue with you watching this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 31, 2015
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2015

not for kids

this is too inappropriate for kids so your kids can watch it when they are 18 or older not for little kids
Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2015

Don't waste your time. Awarded comedy This didn't fell like a 1 h 30min movie this felt like a century I left the movie half way thought .
Teen, 13 years old Written bystentimax March 27, 2015

Frequent sex references and moderate uses of language.

This movie has occasional sex references but not too many. There are an alcoholic in the movie so, as you can imagine, there are many scenes of alcohol. I, personally, do not think this movie has lots of swearing in it. As we go through the movie it gets heavier and heavier, but it never get too much. There are lots of uses of sh-t and f--k is used infrequently.