Parent reviews for Tangled

Fantastic princess adventure is fun, with great messages.

Adult Written bytannah76815 December 22, 2011

Good films.

A really good Disney film that is unique from other Disney princess films as it show girl can kick butts too.Positive message that appearances can be deceptive but a bit violent for young ones.Boys will enjoy also due to male focused view

Parent of a 4 year old Written byCharleyMarie November 29, 2011

Too young and too soon

For those of you that are able to sit down with your children and talk about things after watching movies I applaud you. I think today there are a number of subjects introduced early on in movies and tv that need to be discussed. This particular movie did not sit well with me. I found the "mother" to be manipulative in a way that no young child can understand, especially if they are part of a blended family. These days many children have stepparents and two families and I know that can be both confusing and frightening for children unable to comprehend. You must know I also disagree with Disney movies that most often have an evil stpemother who tries to kill the daughter. Do I enjoy that every girl isn't happy until she is saved by a prince either? No. A few other reviews also mentioned the less than stellar character of the male in the movie. As parents we are showered with advertisements to buy into the commercialized world of Disney and other cartoon characters. I believe that if we all keep pushing forward we can one day push back. I believe our children both boys and girls will grow up to be better people for that. I would much rather spend time reading Laura Ingalls Wilder than have my daugher sit in front of the tv watching a movie. I would rather haev my child learn values and morals than to be crowded with the idea that makeup, shopping and materials items are what is important. I do not believe there should be makeup targeted towards two year olds or fake nails for preschoolers. If we start them this early what will they look like when they become a teenager. It is time to let kids be kids and play, learn and use imagination. Back to Tangled, I believe this movie had much deeper concepts than a child can comprehend and feel parents should think twice before giving in to the pressure.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bytammy9c November 2, 2011

Best Disney Princess Movie

This is easily the best of the Disney "princess" movies. It has quite a few positive messages and I like that Rapunzel and Flynn get to know each other a little better before falling in love. Slightly more realistic than the usual princess movie. My daughter loved it! My son (4 years) found the first 5-minutes a little scary but liked the rest of it.

Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

fine, but slightly scary

I was initially debating on whether to see this as the animation is all new 3D and 'modern'. I wasn't sure if I liked the change of the old fashioned 'Rapunzel' into this funky fearless girl. But I actually ended up enjoying it. In parts there is blood shed and some mild scary scenes. But still watchable.

Adult Written byJacieDaize October 18, 2011

Tangled

I do agree that she is disobedient to her "Mother" and kids can imitate bad behavior on that but she also feels bad about it. Perhaps maybe this one is for the older kids since it teaches to be independent. As for older kids...you could get a lot worse on teaching rebellion and all of the other things we are rating on here.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byCourtney Ostaff October 14, 2011

Violence starts with a frying pan

My 3 yr old requested that we turn it off about 10 minutes in, when Rapunzel hits Flynn over the head with a frying pan

Adult Written byrch616 August 14, 2011

Wonderful, family friendly movie

One of the best children's movies I've ever seen!
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMel739 August 1, 2011

Great family movie

I bought this one right away to add to my Disney collection.
Adult Written byZCR2244 July 29, 2011

Disney trying to be Dream Works

To see our full review go to the 20thCgames web site and click on the movies tab. So many things where wrong with this film, it was Disney’s first attempted to do something like Shrek but lacked the care dream works give their films. Because of this this film is possibly the worst CGI Disney film to date.

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byitaleigh July 9, 2011

Rapunzel great, ending hard to explain to a 4 year old...

Loved the Rapunzel character (she is capable, creative and bonus: has freckles!) but the death of the villain at the end was very difficult to explain when my daughter asked about it. Will watch it again, but always with "parental guidance."

Adult Written byacasby June 29, 2011

Cute movie

This was a good movie, because is geared way from your typical prince and princess theme. The only part I would have to cover your eyes, is at the end. Even I gasped and was shaken at the stabbing scene.

Adult Written byPlayItSafe June 5, 2011

Tangled

Hilarious and touching!! Also some action! The ending was great!

Adult Written byDaisy32 May 27, 2011

Old School Disney

As a Mom I liked this movie a lot, it was cute. It wasn't too "girly" for my son and the violence was pretty tame compared to a lot of PG movies. The only scene that I didn't appreciate was when Gothel falls from the tower it could be scary for younger kids even though her body turns to dust before she hits the ground.

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written bynearlyfallinstar May 16, 2011

Interesting Villain, Great Movie

What I love about this movie is actually the villain. While many villains are pretty cut and dry evil, I don't believe this applies to Mother Gothel. Yes, she is selfish and kidnapping the Princess automatically sends her into the bad person category, yet it isn't all bad. She raises Rapunzel in a nice and cheery looking home, she buys her things she enjoys (paints, books, pottery clay, etc.), and shows her some affection (she says she loves her, hugs her). Even her reasons for keeping Rapunzel in the tower are not a complete lie for there would be people that would be after Rapunzel for her gift. Now, I'm not defending Mother Gothel by any means, I just find her interesting. Plus, let's face it, there are worse real mothers in the world! Well, at least until Rapunzel tries to leave and she stabs Flynn. Hey, nobody's perfect...

Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bylightandlife May 7, 2011
My family and I loved this movie! It is now my all-time favorite Disney "princess" movie! So worth seeing. It's a bit scary toward the end, so I would warn parents with very small children that they may want to wait and have them watch it when they're a bit older....say 7 or so. But that's just my opinion. Best movie I've seen in quite a while.

Parent of a 2 year old Written bybabiesmama May 6, 2011

Great for toddlers and adults alike!

My daughter saw this in theatre with us, and received it as an Easter gift. She LOVES the music; always asks us to play the music again after the movie is over. She gets a kick out of the chameleon and giggles throughout the movie. My husband laughs at a few things as well, and he's NOT a disney lover so that's saying something! I thoroughly love this movie and it will be a staple of our 'family movie nights' for years to come.

Parent of a 4 and 13 year old Written byJA_MIA_Mom May 5, 2011

REALLY GOOD!!!

Seems like Disney has been doing relatively well lately. Absolutely love it.

Adult Written byMom for common ... May 2, 2011

Encouraged

Finally, Disney has dug deep to find truely talented artists who can create a wonderful movie without resorting to crude or sexual "humor" to make up for the shortcomings of the more recent writers and cartoonists. This movie is so well done that it will be a true classic like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. Thanks for taking a step in the right direction in restoring my faith in what made Disney great in the first place.

Parent Written bySpring Fever May 1, 2011
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bylaribrook April 26, 2011
This was a great Disney movie. It was also beautifully animated. The villain was not too scary, although her theme song "Mother knows Best"; was a little repetitive (and used several times). The other songs were wonderful. The characters are good role models, and my boys found it funny too. (Classic disney animal/sidekick humor). I enjoyed it as well. Even though i only have boys, I could see purchasing this to keep at home in the future. It reminded me of Aladdin or The Little Mermaid (but less scary than those) -- but in 3D. Recommend! ** My four year old boy was really sad at the end when a character appears to die, and i was praying it had a happy ending (it did). This is the only real concern from this movie. My 3 year old mentioned how the men were fighting, and they both said they thought Peter Pan should show up to help;because he's good at fighting; but it didn't influence them to fight each other around the house. It was mild. My 3 yo said Rapunzel was "so pretty". **