Parent reviews for Tangled

Fantastic princess adventure is fun, with great messages.

Parent of a 4, 7, and 8 year old Written byannasgot3 March 29, 2011

Great for Family Movie Night.

Great family flick. Not just another girly princess movie, but it's definitely still a girls' movie. Reminds me a bit of a fully animated version of "Enchanted". Very cute. We saw it in the theatre and bought it on DVD the day it was released in stores.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byhiet March 24, 2011

Dont you dare miss it!

This was the most awesome movie I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

Parent of a 2 year old Written byhczenobia March 13, 2011

A good movie for almost anyone, except very sensitive shildren.

I loved the movie, but thought the stuff with the frying pan was excessive. Based on previous reviews, I thought, no big deal, but people are really getting hit over the head with a frying pan for a solid 15 minutes. My daughter kept asking "What's going on?" There is another scene involving a LOT of water that confused my daughter as well. I just told her they were going swimming, but there was definitely danger involved and she could tell. That said, it held her attention for the full 100 minutes, which I wasn't sure was possible. She generally liked it and didn't want to leave.

Parent of a 4 year old Written byMomtoClaire March 12, 2011

Adorable movie!

Loved this movie - and so did my 4.5 year old little princess! Another Disney hit! :-)

Parent of a 5 year old Written byInconceivable March 5, 2011
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written bywphowellco March 5, 2011

A great Disney movie

The movie got a bit emotional and was too much for our 5 and 6 year olds the first time, but after we talked about it, they handled it much better the second time. This is probably the best film Disney has ever produced. Our kids absolutely love this movie and can't stop talking about it, singing the songs, etc.

Parent Written byClare H February 27, 2011
Quite confusing for younger kids that the lady Rapunzel keeps calling her Mother is not her real mother. Also think the "realise a dream" message was a bit lost on my two @ nearly 5. However great entertainment & good to have a bit of girl power from a princess !

Adult Written byClassicMR February 20, 2011

An Instant Disney Classic.

Walt Disney Pictures 50th animated motion picture is an instant classic. Though I have a minor issue with the original title being changed from Rapunzel to Tangled (supposedly Disney wanted to attract a male audience as well; not a bad move, marketing-wise, but I would have stayed with the original title), its an excellent film that hearkens back to classic movies like The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast (my personal favorite) and Aladdin. There is nothing offensive in the movie just some comic violence and a sad scene towards the end. Some may view the heroines healing power as blasphemous, but keep in mind it IS based on a fairy tale and one scene towards the end is adapted straight from Rapunzel by the Brothers Grimm (which the movie is based on). I highly recommend it.

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymistercooke February 20, 2011

Tangled smart, clever and vibrant despite a little mental terror

Excellent storytelling, vibrant graphics, incredible animated performances (subtle facial expressions, inventive physicality, etc.), deft and nimble script with multiple layers for both children and adults. Concerns: the 'evil stepmother' character is not entirely scary looking (like in the terrifying early Disney movies) but her cruelty is in the mind games and emotional blackmail she 'attacks' Rapunzel with, which I found unnerving as an adult. I wonder what effect that would have upon a young mind? p.s. We also took our 3-year-old daughter to it and she loved the fun parts and survived the intense parts.

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bydaphy_duck1 February 13, 2011

Great for all ages! Best Disney Princess movie since Beauty and the Beast!

This movie was right up there with Beauty and the Beast for me. Oh, and my kids enjoyed it too. We're on pins and needles waiting for the dvd to release so we can watch it again! What a fun, hilarious princess movie! The one negative thing in the movie is that Rapunzel defies her mother's wishes. Also, the main male character says something about part of growing up is lying and defying your parents. He had other motives for saying it, but that may be over the heads of younger viewers.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byCzigany February 5, 2011

What a cute movie!

My kids loved this movie. It was cute, had positive messages, and kept them interested.
Parent Written byewe2lambs February 4, 2011

great

our kids really loved this film and we as parents didn't really think that there was anything to be worried about - a great family film

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byNice Mommy February 1, 2011

A little iffy for under 4, but fine for older kids.

We took our 3 and 5 year old boys to see this for their first "theater" experience and it was a hit for both of them. A couple moment I worried about the frying pan thing as we cook with them at home, but they said they understood it wasn't real. 3 year old sat in our laps and played with the zipper on my coat when I thought something bothersome was coming up. Funny humor for adults that kids won't catch at this age.

Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written bykbierma January 26, 2011

Cute movie, but pay attention to reviews

i reluctantly took my 4 yr old to see it. She, of course, loved it, and I decided it was OK for her. Personally I loved the movie! There were no super-scary parts and deep dark evil like previous disney princess movies (think Jafar and Ursula). Mother and the goons are a little edgy but ok. There is a bit of romance but it is not the overarching theme like other princess movies. I wouldn't recommend this to other 4 year olds due to a little violence and the themes are just too old for them.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written bysarahughart January 21, 2011

Best Princess role model in years!

Saw this with my 4 year old and her best friend for the friend's birthday. Really cute Princess movie, kind of a nice change from the Damsel in distress Princess' of my time and Rapunzel can really kick butt! Both girls LOVED the movie, so much so we have gone back a second time and are awaiting the release on Blu-Ray.

Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written bylschlezinger January 18, 2011

Tangled delivers for all but the youngest/most sensitive kids

I will only go to "kid" movies if there's some hope of liking it, too. After reading great reviews, I agreed to see Tangled... and so glad I did. Great writing and music. More sensitive kids might find the witch mother scary, and let's face it, the notion of being kidnapped as a young baby is more than a bit frightening. But most kids 6+ (and the adults in the lives) will love this movie.

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bymomma18 January 16, 2011
Fun stuff! Enjoyable for kids and parents. I never like it when being drunk is put out there as being funny to kids, but that was pretty much my only uncomfortable moment. My 5-year old daughter and 8-year old son really had a great time. I laughed sooooo hard at the am I a terrible daughter? scenes. And I can't believe this, but I cried at certain parts. Sheesh! It's just a cartoon! (I covered it up though with a few scratches to my eyes of course.) Go and see it - you'll have fun! Under 5 might be afraid of the wicked mother figure - close-ups are mean and UGLY!

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great family movie.

Nothing wrong with this movie. Everyone love it, a good movie to go to with really young ones, because it's animated, but it still has a great story. I like how there's not complicated plot twists, easy to follow, but still a great story for everyone to enjoy. All my kids liked this movie.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 13 year old Written bySnout-Dog January 10, 2011

Best Disney in a long time

Absolutely fantastic movie! One of both my daughter's and my favorites. They have great comedy for all ages. There are a few instances of conflict, deception, evil "mother" that the under third-grade crowd may have issues with.
Adult Written bySoonerDave January 10, 2011
This is a delightful, creative Disney retelling of a classic fairy tale. Even my 14-year-old son, who was mortified when he learned we were all going to see it with his 12-year-old sister, came out admitting that he thought it was great. John Lasseter, who is Tangled's executive producer and the prior mastermind behind PIXAR, is the unchallenged genius of the animated motion picture, with a seemingly flaweless sense of what kind of story must underpin an animated feature. Somehow, Lasster has helped Disney craft a thoroughly traditional fairy tale with old-school charms (who couldn't see Tangled's mother as a shadow of the wicked witch from Snow White?) transitioned into a delightfully compelling story of girl-power without seeming like one. There are irresistable characters - like the hysterical horse "Maximus," which demonstrates the deftness with which Disney now handles even the subtlest nuance of expression to translate a secondary character into a scene-stealer. "Tangled" is an unqualified success. Go see it - even if the only kid in attendance is yourself.