All teen and kid member reviews for Tangled

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 21, 2014

Tangled movie review

When I first "Tangled" was coming out, I thought it was going to be a stupid movie for children and it was being made for toys. I was completely wrong. This movie actually had emotion. "Tangled" has very funny moments, yet it went serious when it had to. It came as a big surprise for me how much I enjoyed "Tangled". There are many positive messages throughout the movie. Romance and true love is one that was handled really well. The only bad thing about the movie was that it lacked substance in some scenes. Other than that, I really enjoyed "Tangled". I highly recommend it to children of all ages. Even if they don't like animated movies, they will enjoy this movie a lot. It was a great animated feature.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

slightly better than frozen

tiny better than frozen
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 August 11, 2014

Funny and great movie!!!

Tangled is based off of Rapunzel. The film has cool CGI and it has the story like it a little bit without being too dark. It's also really funny at times. The characters are amazing. Rapunzel has golden hair with the power to heal. She's locked up in the tower by Mother Gothel her fake mom. She wants to go see the floating lights. When her fake mother leaves she goes outside the tower and with someone that's an outlaw to have her go see the floating lights. Flynn Rider is her guide. He's an outlaw. He's really funny though at times. Maximus is a palace horse. He's the one in this film that will make you and your kids laugh. His scenes are funny and enjoyable. Pascal is basically Rapunzel's pet. He's also a cool character to see. The only violent scene is where Flynn was stabbed by mother Gothel. It shows a little bit of blood in that part. Where Mother Gothel was kindof or it looked like a temper tantrum in one part. She fell to her doom and turned into dust. The film is very funny at a lot of parts in the movie. You will enjoy it. The actors who voice do a outstanding job. The CGI is fantastic and you will love the movie. Great job Disney!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byxxRisingUpxx July 14, 2014

Helped Me

I was emotionally abused as a child, always kept in fear of everyone. When Tangled first came out, my whole family went to see it. I noticed parallels between the stuff my own parents told me and the Mother Knows Best song, and realized what they were doing was wrong. I hope more children can be helped by films such as this.
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

Great Movie

I watched this movie about four times and really enjoy it. There is very minor violence. I recommend ages 6 and up. There is a great story to it.
Teen, 15 years old Written by9spaceking May 14, 2014

Incredible movie!

Comparable to Disney's Frozen, (and arguably even better!) Tangled provides an incredibly sly villain with very manipulative talents, a great heroin who tries everything to see her dream, along with funny side characters, as well as a thief who transform from a greedy person into a loving, passionate man.
Kid, 9 years old May 13, 2014

Best! Movie! Ever!

This is an awesome movie! It should've won the 2011 Oscar. But that silly Oscar group didn't even nominate it! This is better than Frozen, who apparently won this year.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2014

I like it

This movie is pretty good and my sisters love it. There is a strong female character which I like.
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2014

Amazing.

I love this movie. It is really funny as well. There is minor violence, (Flynn gets knocked out with a frying pan twice, there is an angry horse, and there are guards with swords and other weapons) there is one scene where Flynn gets stabbed and nearly dies, but the rest is all age appropriate. The songs in this movie are really nice too. THUMBS UP!
Teen, 17 years old Written bySophxo February 12, 2014

Its quite nice actually, ALTHOUGHT.. vv

Well In my opinion its not quite for kids, because i took my younger sister to the cinema to watch this, and she came home a bit scared. The bit I think that botherd her is when the baby got stolen, But its okay for about kids that are over the age of 8 and are not sensitive. Probally mature 6-7 year olds..
Kid, 7 years old February 1, 2014

Great for 7 and up, some intense scenes

Tangled was a great movie. However, there are plenty of intense scenes. One of the scenes that is pretty violent is the scene where one of the main characters gets stabbed with a knife. Other than that, this movie was great and I think it is suitable for children ages 7 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykkloviee January 15, 2014

Tangled Review

Good movie overall, there is quite some violence (ex. People being hit with pans, stabbed, and falling to their death) but there is positive messages throughout the movie and I feel that it kind of evens it out. There is a little kissing in the movie, but I feel this is age appropriate for 5 and up.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2014

Very dark. Recomended for teens aged 12+

Some viewers can find this movie a bit disturbing. It starts off with Rapunzel being born, but her mother felt ill and had to eat a flower made in to a soup that can keep you young forever, which was stored in Rapunzels hair, which then Rapunzel is kidnapped by a witch who wants to never age, keeps her hostage by never letting her leave the tower, however, Rapunzel doesn't know this. Rapunzel always wants to see the glowing lights for her 18th birthday, and an outlaw named "Flynn Rider" has no choice but to take her to the lanturns. There is some mild language in the film, and moderate violence. Rapunzels "mother" kills two men who chase after her, but you don't see it happening (SPOILERS) at the end of the Film, Flynn Rider is stabbed by the evil witch, actually revealing the large blood stain and you can see her stabbing him once. Very dark. Recomended for teens aged 12+
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

The Best Princess Movie I've Watched

"Tangled" was an excellent movie, full of slap-stick humour and constant jokes. I can't think of anything really negative about this movie. There were a number of fighting scenes, but nothing gory or bloody. On the subject of drinking, there is a scene that takes place in a bar, and there are several appearances of a drunk man, but again, nothing graphic. Overall, an awesome, must see movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2013

This movie sucks

this movie is innapropriate
Kid, 9 years old November 3, 2013

Cute

I love this movie I'm not a Disney princess fan but I still like it I Like the mother knows best song
Teen, 15 years old Written byLordoftheRings1997 July 26, 2013

AMAZING! Perfect for the WHOLE FAMILY!

One of THE BEST Disney films I have seen yet! Clean, funny, dramatic, and perfect for the whole family! The acting is amazing, and the animation on this film is breathtaking! The music is amazing! From the chilling "Mother Knows Best", to the gorgeous duet on "I See the Light". And the film is clean! No crude humor, unless you count a little old man dressed up as cupid, and even that made me laugh. The only concern I have is there is one scene in which Flynn tells Rapunzel that rebellion is a normal and acceptable part of growing up. Other than that, I think this film is amazing!
Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 July 6, 2013

Disney Revives Their Classic Films

This isn't my favorite movie, but it was pretty cute. I loved how Disney made it that Rapunzel's hair grew long because of the magical plant she had-that was clever ;). Rapunzel's also not a damsel-in-distress, and her optimism is a positive message for kids. And Flynn is more interesting than the average Disney prince, which is kind of cool. (Possible spoiler alert) The film itself isn't so bad concerning the content, except there is a bit of action; there are threatening thugs with knives, a character is stabbed near the end, and there is even some blood. Mother Gothel herself is sort of creepy and may scare kids. There's also a budding romance between Rapunzel and Flynn, but all they do is kiss. One scene takes place in a bar with supposedly drunk men, but it's not too bad.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

Nonononononononono.

Tangled is annoying and overrated.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd April 10, 2013

even if your guy you will probally like the movie

I'll admit even though I'm a 16 year old guy I thought tangled was a pretty good movie