All member reviews for Tangled

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 28, 2011

Fantastic. Should have been rated G. Good for kids 6 and older.

I understand why they rated it PG, but I personally thought it should have been G. There was only one part that looked PG-ish, where at the end, one of the main characters gets stabbed in the side by a dagger, and there is a blood stain on his shirt. Has a good message. Great family movie. So funny!! Finally, a movie that is a "family movie", but isn't dark, creepy, or so violent that it wouldn't be inappropriate for little kids.
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2011

One of the Best Disney Films of Recent Years

It's amusing. It's witty. It's smart. Isn't that what Disney movies are supposed to be? Well, "Tangled" is a good one filled with fun. It also appeals to adults, and not just kids, so this film would be absolutely perfect for one of those "Family Movie Nights" or something. Now, onto the concerns: only one scene. A character gets stabbed by a knife. There is no blood seen on the knife. Don't worry, it's really not much of a concern, young kids probably won't even know what happened.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2010

I know logic does not apply to Disney, but what the....

I saw this today, and it was really good, but the logic was... flawed. First, before my review: SPOILERS!!!! IF YOU WANT SURPRISE FROM THE MOVIE, DO NOT READ!!!! Now, my first point is, how does a piece of the sun turn into a flower? How does this sun flower respond to a human singing? How did everyone know it healed people? Why did the old lady sing to it the first time she saw it? Why did it pass on to Repunzel from her mom? Why did its healing power last for over 18 years? Is Repunzel knew that her hair made you young, how did she not notice that her "mom" was using it all the time? If she was always in a tower, how did she even know men and other people existed? Why didn't Repunzel realize she looked nothing like the old lady? So mony questions! Still this is a really cute film. I loved it! Thanks for reading!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydisneylove January 6, 2015

By far one of my favorites.

What Frozen lacks in plot, Tangled makes up for and then some. This is a great family-friendly movie, with a strong female role model who isn't afraid to speak her mind and stand up for herself. The main male character is a thief, however, but he learns to change. The duo of Maximus and Pascal are very humorous. The songs are great. And that LANTERN SCENE! It is totally one of the best scenes in a Disney movie, ever. 5/5, this movie is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2015

On Point. Perfect.

Perfect. This movie is perfect. I absolutely adored the fact that Eugene (Flynn) was NOT prince charming!!!!!! Rapunzel was so productive, she spent her life doing fun things even though she had limits. (Being stuck in a tower) I now compare her to Anna from Frozen because Anna did nothing except knock on a door for 10+ years but Rapunzel read books, mapped stars, painted, baked, and did many other productive activities. Gothel was a very interesting villain, too. Also, the soundtrack! So amazing! I loved "When Will My Life Begin?", "I've got a Dream", and "Mother Knows Best". Clever lyrics and fun tunes. Very good, catchy, songs unlike Frozen because it's songs are annoying and catchy. Double thumbs up, good for all ages and genders.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIkaros December 19, 2011

Best Disney Movie I've Ever Seen, Highly Recommended

Tangled remains my favorite movie, even today. It's loveable characters and simply marvelous storyline kept me watching until the end, and when I finished, I wanted to go back and watch it again. It has a monumental combination of adventure, sorrow, romance, and inspiration that all leads to a wonderful end. Please read my review. I was surprised how many reviews have downed on this movie because of the "violence" and "pure evil." I understand how this could scare little kids (sometimes, considering they usually don't pay attention until the villain loses), but all of the young children I know loved this movie, except for a few small boys- and unless you or your child has been through a traumatizing experience with kidnapping or something relating to it in the past, there is no reason not to see this movie. The "violence" discussed is during one part during the entire movie- the ENTIRE movie, and isn't even that bad. Someone is stabbed. It doesn't show it. It shows nothing except a small red spot when he pulls back his jacket. This one part plays for about three seconds. A few people mentioned that Mother Gothel had a violent and cruel death. No, her death was not violent at all, nor inappropriate in any way. About the evil of Mother Gothel, though- like I said, children barely pay attention to things like that unless they have had something like that happen to them in the past. There is NO reason besides peoples' pasts to be scared of this movie. Additionally, all of that evil and sadness leads up to one of the happiest and filling endings I've ever seen! That- the end, where everything reaches its stand, is where kids pay attention. Violence is not an issue unless your child is very easily frightened. Now, for the people who complained about "sexual behavior," you have to be kidding me. Kissing? Kissing is not sexual behavior. Kissing happens in almost every princess movie there has ever been. For the people who complained about drugs, I never saw a drug in that video. I never heard the word "beer." Flynn and Rapunzel went to a restaurant. I bet 0% of kids asked their parents, "Daddy, Mommy, what were the guys in the restaurant drinking?" It could have been cola for all we know. About role models, everyone was fine. I doubt any of your kids wanted to be like Mother Gothel when they grew up. Rapunzel had a very nice character, I see no reason to complain for her. If you were kept in a tower for all of your life, you'd probably want to get out to, agreed? Yes. One person mentioned that anyone can rebel, and that Cinderella was a good role model while Rapunzel was bad. Alright, well, the thing with that is that NO ONE is like Cinderella. Cinderella is the perfect princess, and yes, she's a good role model, but its just not possible for a kid to become as good as that. I'm not saying that Rapunzel was generally a GOOD role model, but she wasn't that bad of one either. You couldn't possibly complain about any other role models kids might take after, considering that Flynn changed his ways and took after a better dream, and the rest of the characters were hilarious. The language in this movie is nothing to worry about. Literally nothing, I don't think I ever heard a single world as bad as "stupid." So don't worry about that one. Graphics and music-wise, this music was also very good. "Medieval Dance" is my favorite song from the soundtrack, as it has a very happy- but then extremely inspiring and intense tune, just making me feel like I want to do something great. Same with the whole movie, it really makes you wish to live your dreams. This movie's graphics were smooth and greatly animated, along with quality character design and special effects. This is all, thank you for reading.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFun4Me December 1, 2011

going old school disney fun

i like it! we need more movies like this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeaghin November 29, 2011

If I've whatched it 17 times its going to be good!

This is the BEST movie in the WORLD!!!! I've seen it 17 times and counting. This movie is definately a keeper! I know most of the words in this movie and the people on here make it sound horrible!
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2011

weird movie

This is an Ok movie it's not great. At times it can be creepy for young kids because of the fake and weird mom. I like the STORY not the MOVIE!
Teen, 15 years old Written byKLitty May 31, 2011

Really good movie

Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2011

Best! Movie! Ever!

Ohmygoodnes!!!! I love this movie so much. There are some "scary" parts, but its a DISNEY movie, for crying out loud. Which brings me to my next point. This is not your normal Disney movie. It is very deep, with a villan that is, in the main charector's eyes, "the good guy". Its hard to explain without giving anything away. But, despite the deepness, the movie is AMAZING for little kids, and teens, too. Beforewarned, it is a musical. My brother saw this and was like, i hate musicals. But he stayed, and he agrees, the movie is amazing! So, this truely is a movie for the whole family, teens and all. Much better than we expected.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySosie98 April 4, 2011

The Movie of a Lifetime

Before I start my story, I want to address these passionate angry reviews that are showing up here. Let me just let you know: TANGLED IS A KID'S MOVIE! It is not meant for adult audiences. If you've ever read the story of Rapunzel, it's twenty times worse than this. In fact, in one version both Rapunzel and the prince die. They were just trying to put a twist on it with how Mother Gothel takes the baby. Now, understand this. If you have a child who is adopted or a child who is sensitive to being taken from their parents. Then don't take your children to see the film. It is my personal opinion that parents should look up movies and their plot so that they know exactly what the movie is about. Wikipedia is a great place to do this. That way, if you think something will scare your children you can have them close their eyes or leave the room for a minute.ALSO, as I said before, addressing "AppleNell"'s review: TANGLED IS A CHILDREN's MOVIE! It is not meant for reading into. As I said above, Pixar tried to follow the story as closely as possible, and I would observe they did it amazingly well. Now, on with the review. Let me tell you the full story of my encounter with Tangled: So I'm surfing the internet, not sure what to do with my day when I come across Tangled. All my friends, young and old have been raving about it, so I think what the heck. I look online for a while until I find what I think is the free movie. In reality, it's the introduction and first ten minutes. The movie has me hooked so badly, I desperately look on On Demand, but it isn't there. Everyone in our house knows how much I want to see that movie. Later that night, mom and my brother are on On Demand, looking for Tron, which my brother wants to see. Then suddenly mom calls out, "Hey, they've got Tangled." I am in the middle of brushing my teeth and spit out my toothbrush, and scream. I brush my teeth at super speed and sit down. I'm instantly hooked, and mom can tell. It's an amazing movie. The next day at school I tell my friend Sarah I watched it. "Cool!" she says, "That's the best movie ever?" I don't know what it is, but after that I'm obsessed. I loooovvveeeeeeee that movie. And I will for the rest of my life. I will be showing that to my kids someday. I got the dvd the day it came out. I became Tangled up in Tangled.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrhapsody00 April 2, 2011

I dont know if leaving terrible things that keep you fed and alive to follow your dreams is a positive or a negative. This movie was great!
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

A-W-E-S-O-M-E

This is such a great movie for the whole family! Tangled is probably one of the best cartoons of 2010. My mom, my friend and I went to see it and had great feedback comments after the movie. I'm so excited for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it again and again! There really aren't any concerns as far as inappropriate content. Otherwise, it's a great eye-popper!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly December 14, 2010

I thought this was going to be a good movie...

but it was even better. I loved it! I saw it in 3d from the people ages 32 to 10 and we all love it. Even a 16 year old boy did. It was really funny, and great. I loved it, a new twist to Rapunzel!
Teen, 14 years old Written byLittle movie freak November 16, 2010

Wonderfully funny and creative Disney film that brought you Enchanted and the director of Bolt

I hope that Disney's Tangled is a wonderfully funny and creative(fairy tale)film! It looks very funny,and the movies' animation looks pretty creative since it is the same studio and director(Byron Howard)of Bolt and the makers/studio that brought you the Amy Adams,Patrick Dempsey Disney fairy tale/princess film Enchanted.Disney's Tangled is just as good of a movie you're likely to see the holiday season since The Chronicles Of Narnia:The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader-Rated:PG-Some frightening images and fantasy action! Tangled is Rated PG-Brief Mild Violence.Tangled SHOULD be Rated PG-Some fantasy action/peril,some rude humor,and brief language.Sadly this is NOT the case.Overall I predict/believe that Disney's Tangled will be a wonderfully funny,smart,witty,successful,and a creative Disney family fairy tale adventure that the whole family will enjoy! ?A-
Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2015

You should definetly watch this!

One of my favorites! It has a lot of great, fun songs and is full of humor. Rapunzel does disobey her so called "mother" and decides to go with Eugene, a "criminal," to see the lanterns that go in the sky on Rapunzel's birthday. There is a shocking ending! Otherwise, this flm is amazing and I encourage you to watch it!
Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2015

It was Awesome!

All characters are funny and had unique personalities. I like how Rapunzel's best friend is a chameleon! Eugene is a thief, not a prince and I liked that. Has a great soundtrack!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 21, 2014

Tangled movie review

When I first "Tangled" was coming out, I thought it was going to be a stupid movie for children and it was being made for toys. I was completely wrong. This movie actually had emotion. "Tangled" has very funny moments, yet it went serious when it had to. It came as a big surprise for me how much I enjoyed "Tangled". There are many positive messages throughout the movie. Romance and true love is one that was handled really well. The only bad thing about the movie was that it lacked substance in some scenes. Other than that, I really enjoyed "Tangled". I highly recommend it to children of all ages. Even if they don't like animated movies, they will enjoy this movie a lot. It was a great animated feature.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 20, 2014

Cute animated movie is sweet for the whole family

My rating:G