All teen and kid member reviews for Teen Beach Movie

Kid, 9 years old July 21, 2013

A great summer movie

A great summer movie, with a fun mix of bikers and surfers. But of course there is sex and love. Nothing 8yo+ can't handle.
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

No. Just No.

This movie was HORRIBLE. It was corny, and had no real humor. 'Love', was basically directing this whole film, if you know what I mean. But the cheesy kind of love. Just kissing and all that. It was just so bad. The plot was terrible. It started off fine, and then just got worse and worse. It would have been so much better if Disney didn't just randomly throw in an evil scientist trying to take over the world. Really, Disney? Really? This is supposed to take place in the 1960's, and you're throwing in random evil scientists!? What the heck!? And the music. "I Can't Stop Singing", has to be the WORST song I've ever heard. And "We're Cruisin' for a Bruisin'" is catchy, but honestly just, so, so, bad. Overall, this whole movie was terrible. Disney was obviously trying to pull another "High School Musical" (but in Disney's defense, "HSM" was a really fantastic movie that is hard to live up to). Don't watch this movie. Ever.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2013

Terrible, annoying, corny/cheesy-need I say more?

I hated this movie. I've always hated Disney Channel. I'm not allowed to watch it and always distrust it. I was at a friend's house and we watched this movie. I had a sense of distrust towards the movie but I always try my best to be a polite guest. Me and my friend didn't last through the first ten minutes. We thought it was extremely annoying. It was corny/cheesy (whichever term you use) and there was too much romance. Don't bother.
Kid, 9 years old August 19, 2013

If you see this movie, hide behind your covers because it will frighten you.

Typical Disney, with their corny teenager musical things. It's just a unoriginal idea, the film will never be as good as HMS. It's just so - ugh, teenagers surfing on the beach. There is no meaning, or moral of the story. It's just singing, dancing, terrible acting and dramatic scenes. It's not even drama, noone cares!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycamh2000 January 11, 2014

Worst Disney Movie Ever

This movie is terrible, it has a bad soundtrack and a horrible story plot. so I go down in a wave and come back up in a 1950's movie seems pretty fun to me. NOT! I would rather watch Baby Einstein for the rest of my life then Watch this movie again even though I only saw 30 minutes of it
Teen, 13 years old Written byskc2000 August 13, 2013

Great Movie

Teen Beach Movie is a positive role model that teaches kids to never let anyone tell what you can and can't do in life. The Disney writers did a great job of teaching kids that you should follow your dreams no matter what anyone else says or thinks. Teen Beach Movie contains beautiful scenery and a great story line that can be entertaining for both kids and adults.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolg January 6, 2014

teen beach movie is a disappointment

this is a dumb movie.first,this movie is so not about 60s n everything seems like now.a lot of girl dress inapropriet(tall boots,shorts,bikinis).this movie is trying to make 60s look really modern and similar to today,but its not like that.watch west side story.that movie talks about racisam n another social problems in the 60s (and 70s).i think kids need to know the truth about the 60s.and disney always makes thing look better(hercules,sleeping beauty and another lies).
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2013

this movie is my favorite

i think the movie is awesome i watched with my little bro he is 7 and he loved it so i think this movie is for kids 7 and up. its rated G anyway.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

This movie was terrible.

Although this movie was quite terrible, I have to be honest with the age rating, in which I find it suitable for kids aged 8 and up. Teen Beach Movie is a (very, very corny) movie which pokes fun at Grease and West Side Story. It's bad, I recommend you find a REAL 1960s-era beach party movie.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2013

great movie for all ages

This movie dos not have anything wrong with it. there was no kissing, the closest to kissing was when they leaned in for one and were interrupted. nobody dies, gets hurt, or curses. It's about two teens that are in the ocean during a storm and get sent into the one guys fav movie, wet side story, where it's bikers vs surfers..... there is a whole lot of catchy songs and the beach setting makes this movie fun. This movie is great for all ages, my 5 yr old bro watched this with me and he loved the songs and he thought it was cool that they were stuck inside a movie. It is very cool and good for all ages :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bymusicforver July 25, 2013

BAd

Teen, 13 years old Written byRachel4744 July 23, 2013

Overall Cute Movie

I really liked this movie. It had some great messages (even though they were cliché) such as "Girls can do anything boys can do" or "Never let a boy control you". There were some flaws, though, not unusual for a DCOM. ; You can clearly tell they were lip syncing at parts and the whole evil villains' plan wasn't incorporated into the movie enough (but that is completely okay considering it's supposed to be a silly movie from the 60's). Also, a few of the outfits were a bit too revealing.. On a side note, the people saying the jokes in this movie weren't funny or the characters were too dumb (or whatever) need to remember that Wet Side Story was supposed to be from the 60's and was not a well made movie (the characters didn't have wet hair when they came out of the water, etc.). Overall, this movie is a cute lighthearted movie that is poking fun at Westside Story and Grease. (:
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo October 25, 2013

HORRIBLE

I Hated it the Plot was Boring The acting was terrible During the first 10 minutes i wanted to turn but i decided to give it a chance but it sucked. i expected this to Be good by the Previews i Looked at this movie sucked the only thing good about it was some of the songs. i honestly dont know why this movie is getting so much Good reviews. If i had to rate it 1-10 i would give it a 6. It does give some good messages such as Following your heart but other than that TERRIBLE!!.
Kid, 12 years old October 27, 2013

Kid Beach Movie

I wasn't amused, at all. It is definitely something aimed for younger kids. It seems to be more for teens, with a rather dumb name like Teen Beach Movie, but it was a silly romance that was supposed to be funny or amusing somehow but kinda wasn't. Brady (Ross Lynch) and McKenzie/Mac (Maia Mitchell) find themself in the middle of Brady's favorite movie from the 60's and mess it up by being in it. It was okay and cheesy until they randomly threw in villians for some reason which I didn't like, but yeah, I'm sure seven-ish year olds would enjoy it. I don't really know what some of the comments were talking about when they said that it is pause for 11, because truthfully, I was still eleven when it came out and I was just watching it for the heck of it, and I thought it was a nice movie- aimed for younger kids. No action or anything that a preteen or over would enjoy whatsoever. My only issue with it is possibly sexual scenes. The girls were dressed in bikinis, and around the scene of Cruisin' (for a Bruisin'), a song, a girl was hitting a jukebox with her butt several times, purposely, to turn on the music, which seemed a bit too sexy for Disney. There were also many times when girls would dance in their bikinis in such ways that could be taken as inappropriate. I'm not talking about the song "Like Me", which was clearly mistaken for being inappropriate, but it's really not. In a line it shows boys saying "I know what girls like, if you know what I mean", which was just referring to what kind of boys they like, not anything sexual at all! I rated it three because it proooobably isn't too entertaining for anyone over 11- otherwise, it's a perfectly fine kid's movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 August 9, 2013

The worst overall movie I have ever experienced

Worst movie ever!!!! This ridiculous Disney channel original is bad enough that you'll want to get a brainwash so you never remember this for as long as you live. Believe me when I say there are evil scientists with ray guns in a thought to be realistic movie. Really? Take this junk off air I beg you!!! Don't watch you'll regret every second. Not very inappropriate, just dumb. One more example: the storm brought them to this teen infested clownfest beach and they assume that it will magically bring them back? (Spoiler) it does!!!! Jeez, Disney channel is better off stopping trying. Ages 7+. Grade F
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2013

Amazing! Disney's done it Again!

This is my new favorite movie! Mack wants to go surfing one last time before she goes to a school, but then realizes that she doesn't want to after being trapped in Wet Side Story for a few days, and Brady just wants to have fun in his favorite movie. This is romantic, with fun songs! A good movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDreamerlily July 31, 2013

Great message!

Excellent movie, it's cute enough to keep small children engaged, but also over-the-top and satiric enough for older kids and teens to laugh along with. Mac (the leading female character) is a great role model, constantly telling the other characters that "Girls can do anything boys can do" and to "Follow your heart". Brady (the leading male) expresses he has feelings for Mac but never pushes her when she refuses him. Awesome!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydancingteen July 30, 2013

Disney has done an amazing musical!

This movie was absolutely the best. Better than HMS, with good dancing, songs you get stuck in your head, and good acting. It is similar to the original 60's movies styled like this, even the dress and cheesiness, which I love. Their is some romance, but barely anything. Maybe a light kiss. Some flirting. It is a good movie, with a great message, to do whatever you desire in life. I recommend it to every family.
Kid, 11 years old July 25, 2013

Truly AMAZING

I loved this movie wayyy more than High School Musical! I loved it because the actors are amazing, it is hilarious, it is set on the BEACH, and it reminds me of my favorite musical, Grease. WATCH THIS! I am almost 12 and I LOVED it! Watched it two times in two days. The only reason I put one of the "things families should know about it" sex was because it showed girls in bikinis and the whole musical was about people being in love and such. But not too bad. It is really inspiring, and I love the actors, like I said. Anyone 14 & under would love it.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2013

Not Great Movie

It was an "okay'' movie. It was pretty boring at the beginning. There were many boring parts of the movie and there is not great acting. Some parts are just plain weird and the whole idea wasn't great. I was looking forward to this movie because the commercials make it look great, so I was disappointed when it wasn't even close to what I would expect it to be.