All member reviews for Terminator Salvation

First PG-13 Terminator is loud, explosive, and dark.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

Good Christian Bale movie.

You might need to see the first 3 movies to understand what is going on. That is an issue though, the first 3 movies are rated R so you will need parental advisory while watching them. Christian Bale did a good job portraying John Connor. This movie is violent. In one scene you can see the stomach of a "terminator".
Teen, 14 years old Written byironside June 30, 2011

Beware the Directer's cut is rated R

Note; reviewed on theatrical cut. two kissing scenes. Marcus trades his dead body (for experimentation) for a kiss from a dying woman. a man and woman huddle together to share warmth (survival situation.) one main character wears a tight/semi-lowcut outfit. a man, naked and covered in mud (nothing is shown), wanders onto a battle scarred site. a newly formed *naked* terminator (nothing is shown) walks out of a cell and proceeds to beat the stuffings out of John Coner; untill Marcus intervenes. a few men attempt to sexualy assault Blair; Marcus intervenes and Blair shoots one of the baddies in the crotch. three uses of s---, (one holy s---.) three uses of h---, two s.o.b. words, one b--t--- and one d--n, God's name is missused three times, Marcus says, "That thing is *pissing* off." note: pluggedin, imdb, and commonsensemedia, all say they use the f-word once; I reviewed it on closed caption, and I didn't see or hear it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

Very disappointing movie...

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. It keeps you hooked and it has Action, Suspense, Romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being. The second and third are also great, but I the first is best. However, this movie ruins everything for a fan of the other three. The movie is totally off and not having Arnold in it really puts this movie in a pile separate from the others. If you haven't seen the others, I guess it's okay, but you'll be very disappointed if you have.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Ba-Bauck August 23, 2015

Terminator 4

Terminator 4 is a good movie!! Terminator 4 is rated PG-13. There aren't any uses of F--k. But S--t and "Oh my God" are said constantly. Ass is also said a couple of times. There is ALOT of fighting/violence in Terminator 4. There are some scenes, at least 5+ scenes, where bloody soldiers are brought into John Connor's army's secret-hideout, they usually have torn up skin all over their body. ALOT of human soldiers die in Terminator for, while the soldiers are fighting, you, can just see 66+ dead bodies. After Skynet's nuclear rocket is launched to destroy humanity, there are human skulls, bones, and ribs, all over the battle field. Arnold Swartzenegger's good terminator (Model: T-1000) walks out of the awaiting (good) terminator room,naked, but only his (shadowed) butt is shown, there's one more scene for John Connor and Katherine Brewster get on a couch and snuggle for warmth, (survival situation). I myself am suprised that they had him be a T-1000! Violence: 5/5. Language: 3/5. Sex: 1/5. Drugs: 1/5. Consumerism: 5/5. Terminator 4 is a cool movie and you'll like the movie itself!
Teen, 16 years old Written bysofihh98 July 20, 2014
Terminator Salvation did not have any thing Gory. The most violent thing is when Marcus's ( Sam Worthington) body is open. You see metal in his body that might be a little Gory. SPOILER ALERT Marcus tajes his heart out to save John Connor witch was stupid for me. But it dosent show it. I loved the movie except the end but i recomend it.
Kid, 6 years old July 18, 2013

An Umer Made

good
Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2012

Not R PG-13

Instead of R its PG-13
Teen, 13 years old Written byjojobinx January 8, 2010

perfect for 13 and up

loved it was the best termaneter movie in the world
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2009

terminator salvation review

This terminator movie is way different than the other 3 terminator movies. One of the terminators in this movie is good and it's not arnold schwarzenegger but he is in this movie for like 3 minutes. Not the actual actor but he's cgi. His name is marcus brody. He thinks he's a human and john connor talks like batman from the dark knight. Kyle reese from the first movie is here but he's like 17 years old and he has a little girl following him around. Great movie so 5 out of 5
Teen, 16 years old Written byCoreyK July 29, 2009

Action Packed & Fine For Teens

Better than T3. Bale stinks, but the movie is still satisfying. This is more of a war movie than sci-fi, but there is no graphic violence. Those who havn't seen the originals may have trouble following.
Adult Written byDBarto May 23, 2009

Everything goes BOOM

I enjoyed this film. Yes there are a few flaws to the film, but the last 1/3 of the film makes up for every one of the flaws I can come up with. What parents need to know about this is that there are a few parts of this film that are absolutely terrifying, there is a strong language for a PG-13 (ex. Sh*t, hell, d*mn, f*ck, son of a b*tch, *ss), there is a ton of violence, and there is a Terminator concentration camp of sorts where they capture humans and put them (through what we can see) absolute torture just like the concentration camps of WWII. My recommendation of this film is for family s with older teens, Mom may not like this one, and don't even think about taking someone under 12 to see this unless you want them to have nightmares for months. 4 out of 5
Teen, 17 years old Written byNOname123 November 27, 2016

Pretty good, PG-13 Terminator sequel.

Just fine. Age 11 and up
Adult Written byaidans1 August 5, 2015
Some dark violence and language
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2015

Boring!

This movie is boring and there is a lot of language. The "F" word is really hard to hear. It's also really boring. It's dark but not violent.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 July 19, 2015

While a marginal improvement over T3, T4 still disappoints.

While the style of T4 is excellent, it has many disappointing features. The acting, besides the two leads, is pretty bad, and the music is also rubbish in comparison with the previous movies (besides the theme). There are some OK action scenes, and the visual effects and design is great. But awful sound design, poor acting, a timid story that could have been more, and so many other features pull down what should have been the Terminator movie audiences had been waiting for since 1991. Its better than the insignificant and, frankly unnecessary, T3.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2015

Great

This is great, especially if you are already a fan of the terminator movies. Mom says it's a movie that talks about what makes us human. Definitely watch it. I normally don't like action movies such as Predator, but this was great. Movie about what makes us human.
Kid, 12 years old June 25, 2015

Terrific action and effects, but not so terrific acting or dialogue or plot

Constant action violence, including explosions, and sometimes small amounts of blood. Mild swearing scattered throughout.
Kid, 8 years old June 20, 2015

Extremely violent, graphic, bloody thriller has language, innuendo, and is great.

My rating:R for strong sequences of bloody sci-fi action violence, innuendo, and language.
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2015

Too many special affects

Being the 3rd sequel to the movie terminator, this movie did not compare to the original. It was alot like the Transformers movies, considering the fact it had alot of special affects and the main idea was machines taking over the world. The story was not so good and the acting was acceptional. It was violent but not gory or disturbing at all. Overall I did not enjoy it.