Underwhelming sex-themed comedy; lots of strong language.

Parent Written byDan G. February 6, 2014

This movie is all about irresponsible sex

This movie is filled with instances of the male characters combing bars and finding women to seduce into bed and then abandoning them. Honesty is rarely found as they lie their way shamelessly to get their victims to bed. There is quite a bit of male nudity, it seems that Zac Ephron loves to be naked in front of a camera; it happened frequently. Sex is treated consistently in this movie as both a joke, and as only something to be selfishly sought after. Subjecting children to the irresponsible messages in this movie should classify as abuse.
Teen, 14 years old Written byyonatan0998 March 14, 2014

Its an okay movie

its an okay movie, there were a little too much sex scene you don't really see much, but there are still really alot. its good and funny you watch it just bring a kid over 14!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFaz May 4, 2014

That Awkward Moment 2014

This film is rather deceiving. The trailer makes it look like a laugh out loud, outrageous comedy. It's a different take on 'I Give It A Year'. It's disappointing as i thought this looks hilarious, its not. Because of the main stars; Zac Efron, Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan, thats why people want to watch it. Not for its plot, originality or funniness but to be completely honest, great performance by Efron (Jason), Teller(Daniel), Jordan(Mikey), Poots(Ellie), Davis(Chelsea) and Lucas(Vera).
Teen, 15 years old Written byStevie111 January 31, 2014

Funny, but very muc a chick flick

Average R rated language, and crude content with dildos and sex and dialog. Mature themes and humor that makes it good for older teens, but more enjoyable for adult women.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlice M April 26, 2014

My View

I think that this film, although containing a lot of bad language and sex scenes, does not contain anything that may influence your average 14 year old. It is purely comedic fun that this will bring to them and it is a great film for them to watch if they need a laugh. Although yes it does contain a lot of inappropriate language it is this that makes it funnier for them and it simply wouldn't be the same without it. Therefore, it should be suitable for 14 and up.
Parent Written bylivoli88 April 1, 2014

Efron disapoints

I was looking forward to this movie, seeing the more mature Efron considering his previous roles years ago on High School Musical. All the girls swooned when he came on, but throughout the movie he was just terrible. The people next to us were on their phones and one even fell asleep during the first half of the movie. I was also looking forward to seeing the character who played "Willard" in Footloose and he was also a dissapointment. Mostly, I was bummed with the plot. It was all about cheating, sex, bar pickups, and one night stands. There was a lot of teenage girls in the movie theater, (despite the rating being R) and it was very disapointing to see that these girls were being shown that one night stands could result in positive relationships and everything being perfect. It was not appropriate for anyone under 14, as there were many sex jokes and lots of joking about 'cocks'. 15 and up would be okay, although I just don't reccomend it considering you don't get much out of it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySweet home Alabama March 26, 2017

Iffy for 16+

Ok for a 16 year old
Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe'scandy March 18, 2017

Iffy for 16+

I think this movie is recommended for a 16 and up but the language has 25 f bombs and 23 s bombs and 20 ass and 10 p***y 13 of d**k 12 of the c words
Teen, 15 years old Written byTafrwr July 16, 2016

3.5 Stars

I think this movie is great for anyone who is a mature 14 year old or older. There is a lot of language in it, as well as sexual humor, but it's nothing your're kids don't hear everyday at school. I enjoyed it because it was a romantic comedy that actually seemed like real life. Most romantic movies are all lovey-dovey and make love seem all perfect as if there are never struggles to open yourself up to someone. Yet in reality love isn't as easy as it seems, and this movie displays that well. I do warn you that there is a lot of sex in it. But nothing more then bare butts are shown. There is a lot of swearing. And there is a fair amount of alcohol in it. All in all it is a good movie. I give it a 3.5 stars and a 7/10 Rating.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymro15 March 18, 2016

funny, but not the best

This movie is funny, but that's about it. A lot of sexual references, partial nudity, language, etc. Would recommend for 15+, but mature 14 year olds would probably be fine as well. It's a funny movie to watch with friends; you'll have a few laughs (especially if you like Zac Efron)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBreakingBeauty4 February 16, 2015

That Awkward Moment When It's Good

Though not many laughs, 'That Awkward Moment' leaves you satisfied by connecting with the three leads.