All member reviews for The Absent-Minded Professor

Family entertainment at its best.

Parent of a 4 and 5 year old Written bypelotoner January 29, 2011

Mostly family fun, watch the language and gun violence.

Inappropriate language: Shut up, idiot, stupid. Very blatant and easy for the kids to infer usage. Violence: there is a scene where the professor is shot at (with a gun!) and it hits the side view mirror. Also, a commander in the army threatens to shoot the car out of the sky with missiles.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 24, 2012

This movie was very funny! It had a lot of action as well.I recomend it.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2013

One of Disney's Best Comedies

I saw it when I was on a campout for Boy Scouts. All the boys who were watching it thought it was very funny, and they clapped when it was over. Nothing really is an issue,and the main character is a good role model, even though he's so absent minded.
Kid, 6 years old January 29, 2012

A Classic, Silly Fun, All White

Our six year old loved it, and her parents enjoyed it too. The "flubber" jumping effects worked because they weren't realistic in the way modern effects try to be. The movie does portray a strange mythical all white America. Not a person of color to be seen in the entire film which could off putting, especially to children of color. Subtle jokes about Congress and the military Joint Chiefs at the end still hold up today.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled July 28, 2010
Better than the remake. One of my favourite live action classic disney movies.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010
This movie has all kinds of goofy action and funny characters. Nothing offensive about it. A true family movie.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe May 26, 2010
One of Walt Disney's best classics! A must see for children and adults alike!