All member reviews for The Adjustment Bureau

Sci-fi/romance hybrid mixes plot twists, serious themes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysammylax25 July 23, 2011

Great

this movie is awesome. Although the language is bad and kids aren't allowed to use it there is nothing inappropriate about this movie that your 12 yr old cant see. I would definatly recommend this to anyone who likes a good sci-fi movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWildgurl01 March 27, 2011

Good Movie

Great movie and theres really nothing bad in it. Sends a strong message that we decide our own fate and we have to ight for the things we want.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byAPPROPRATE March 25, 2011

lovely movie

I love how Blunt and Damon will do so much for eachother. but there are many rude words
Adult Written bycatymg July 2, 2011

Interesting and Unique

I really enjoyed this movie and I feel like it is definitely appropriate for older teenagers. They slip that always-annoying "f" word in the middle of the story. But the plot is very engaging and the characters like-able.
Adult Written bykhan2705 March 11, 2011

Surprisingly good movie.

3.5/5 Do we control our destiny, or do unseen forces manipulate us? Matt Damon stars in the thriller The Adjustment Bureau as a man who glimpses the future Fate has planned for him and realizes he wants something else. To get it, he must pursue the only woman he's ever loved across, under and through the streets of modern-day New York. On the brink of winning a seat in the U.S. Senate, ambitious politician David Norris (Damon) meets beautiful contemporary ballet dancer Elise Sellas (Emily Blunt)--a woman like none he's ever known. But just as he realizes he's falling for her, mysterious men conspire to keep the two apart. David learns he is up against the agents of Fate itself--the men of The Adjustment Bureau--who will do everything in their considerable power to prevent David and Elise from being together. In the face of overwhelming odds, he must either let her go and accept a predetermined path...or risk everything to defy Fate and be with her. The Adjustment Bureau is written for the screen and directed by George Nolfi (writer of Ocean's Twelve, co-writer of The Bourne Ultimatum). It is based on a short story by Philip K. D*ck ("Total Recall," "Minority Report" and "Blade Runner"). well i agree with A Critic saying one of the most smart movies of America that could have been great if was a little bit daring or being pushed a little more but still i loved it. i was not expecting much from it. i was like it might be a dull and boring movie but it was way more than that. very smart and simple plot that really makes your interest level throughout the movie which is great. well this is a Sci-fi romantic thriller drama. the best thing according to me about this movie is the fact it keeps a perfect balance between Romance and Sci-fi which is rare but great and the way the movie is, thrilling but simple, smart plot and not overly done or much twisted. such a delight to watch. screenplay of this movie was good, very simple. story was interesting and entertaining and lovely to watch. direction was very good. production design was amazing. costumes were great very posh and stylish. cinematography was good. Matt Damon was good in this movie. Emily Blunt did a fine job. such a rare movie but a good one. towards the end it got very amazingly entertaining and enjoyable. the door scenes were really good. length of the movie is short. i loved this movie and so will you.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News March 8, 2011

Solid film with religious overtones.

A good watch for the teens in the family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKoreanRabbit July 27, 2011

Great movie for 11 and up

The Adjustment Bureau is good for your child 11 and up as long as your child is mature and can handle language and sexuality in a mature fashion.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

I rate this film ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Role models: David Norris seems to be living a charmed life as a rising star in politics, but he’s willing to give it all up for love. What to watch out for * Messages: The movie asks a big question: Do we control our own destinies, or is our fate predetermined? Here, it’s made clear that free will is a myth and that there is indeed a master plan for humanity -- and that people who stray from the path that's been set for them will face dire consequences. * Violence: Some extended, frantic chase scenes, a few fistfights, and one shocking car accident. * Sex: Some kissing, and one love scene (but no nudity). * Language: Occasional swearing includes a couple of uses of "f--k" and several “s--t"s, plus “bulls--t," "hell," "a*s," "da*n," "god*amn," and bas*ard. * Consumerism: A Nationwide billboard is shown several times. Damon's character has an iPod. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Some scenes feature people drinking beers in bars.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2011

Can't Really Say

I saw this movie, and I didn't really enjoy it. I slept through part of it, so I don't know what people should be concerned about. There's lots of political stuff in it, and also some kissing. It was just okay.
Parent of a 13 and 17 year old Written bykaren bo baren March 25, 2011

Mildly entertaining and fairly clean, but silly.

As the commercials lead us to believe, it's an entertaining "puzzle" type movie, which I usually like, however, once I realized what the secret was, things took a turn toward laughable. As my husband put it, it's sad when Hollywood so blatantly shows it's ignorance of Biblical truth. And a couple of things, like the "hats", were just so silly we had to laugh. It could have been so much better... but it was mildly entertaining and fairly clean. I won't be anxiously awaiting the DVD release, once was definitely enough!
Teen, 14 years old Written byI love the book... March 24, 2011

A movie more geared to an older crowd

Good movie. There's a seen in bed but they don't show anything. There is also some swearing, but not much. David Norris is a good role model because he shows determination and tells us to fight for what he believes in. He also gives up seeing Elise so she can have the future she always wanted.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysu avsar October 25, 2015

Love this movie, its one of my personal favourites. I don't agree that every 12 year old could watch it though, not to protect the "innocence of their eyes" (give me strength) but because SOME younger children might not understand it, which would sort of spoil it for themselves.
Adult Written byGabriel Mohler September 29, 2015

MUST SEE for the mature, despite innuendo

Be wary of language and premarital sex, but this movie is totally worth watching.
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2012

Very witty dramatic movie

This is a well thought out movie. There are some bad words and the main character Elise uses the curse finger. Their are some scenes were the main characters David and Elise make out. The main message this movie gives is fight for your love and love will conquer all. David is a good role model.
Adult Written byScott_C September 14, 2012

Good movie and Great actors

I have to disagree with Commonsense on the topic of Positive messages. While what they say is true, it is slightly out of context. You can't look at it as if the Case Workers do things to keep people on their paths for their fate, but rather, the random daily events that happen are caused by them, not for your fate, but to lead you to your destiny. The Case Workers are a metaphor for how things happen for a reason. In the case of this movie, both character's paths were to be great and successful, and during the movie, you find out how both of their futures wouldn't be the same if they stayed together. The problem is that humans act off emotions, but the Case Workers don't, so they don't see it the same way. If anything, I see more positive message than none, mostly that you should fight for what you believe in and who you love. Don't let others determine your destiny. Another thing could be your take on the movie's thoughts on Christianity, basically considering God and angels, as the Chairman and Case Workers. It's neither portrayed as good or bad though. It is simply a metaphor and explanation for why things happen. It is a little bit of a heavy movie, but nothing compared to Inception or similar movies. The plot is clear after watching once, and makes sense the whole way through a second, and it's one of those movies that for the general audience who would care to watch this kind of movie, they are old enough.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2012

Okay

I think that this movie shows that you control your life even if other people are trying to control it for you. This movie was a bit confusing at times and it was completely against many peoples religion but it was also okay and thought provoking. There was quite a few kissing scenes but nothing terrible. The movie was okay.
Kid, 6 years old April 27, 2012

Good movie, fast-paced with a complex, thought-provoking plot line.

A good movie. Fast paced with a complex plot, so pay attention! A strong main character, with morals and a strong sense of right and wrong. Some violence and suspense at the climax. Swear words are used, but in moderation. Some scenes take place in a bar, where people are drinking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 25, 2012

matt damon runs agian!

this confusing thriller lacks the action from a typical Matt Damon film, but replaces it with a hard-to-keep-track-of story. there is a car crash, lots of chase scenes, and a woman gets hurt. lots of strong language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMakeVIew_2,5,9 September 21, 2011

okay-okay

freakin waste cuz its bunch of romane so stupid movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau 101

The Adjustment Bureau is an AWESOME movie for kids 11+. There was some passionate kissing and a lot of curse words but this is, by far, my favorite movie! Incredible acting and emotion. Thanks for reading! :)