All member reviews for The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlix Jamieson January 6, 2013

CREEPY, SCARY But Good!

Mr Toad and his antics are always funny, as are all of the gang from the Wind in the Willows. However, the second story, is based on Washington Irving's classic American tale, "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," a story known for being downright terrifying. It is for this particular reason, that I warn parents of very sensitive children to maybe wait until their child is older. Some may disagree with me, but that cartoon scared the bejesus out of me when I was little! Basically, Ichabod Crane is the new schoolmaster at a town in New England, he is admired by everyone, but gets picked on by the local town bully Bown Bones, or something. They both compete for the love and attention of Katrina, a beautiful and rich young woman, and when it appears that her and Ichabod are growing ever closer, Bown tells him the story of the legend of the Headless Horseman, making Ichabod terrified of his journey back home, (which just happens to be through the woods! Great huh?!) Seriously though, it's good. Cartoonish, mild, slapstick violence. But it is WAY past the usual Disney standard, FAR from the cutsie-kidsie pie stuff, and I mean the kind of thing you see in the greatest of horror movies, in fact, they may as well be doing a reactment of Tam O Shanter, the Scottish tale, because it's really that frightening! (I should know, I come from Scotland, :) ) and in a way, you could almost belive it is, because of a very terrified man on a jumpy horse, riding through the woods at a very late hour, with witchcraft and devil's work on his mind. If you're an 8-17 year old who loves Disney cartoons or any other cartoon and at the same time, are looking for a good scare, then this is the movie for you!
Kid, 11 years old January 22, 2012

It's ok.

This movie is kind of boring. I would say it's for kids 7 and up. Just because of the headless person.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011

i like this movie a lot!
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 8, 2009

Deserves to be held in much higher regard than it is.
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2010

Ichabod and Mr. Toad are amazing at recreating classic novels

This is the best way to show two awesome classics! There are some action scenes as cops chase Mr. Toad and little kids will find the Legend of Sleepy Hollow very scary (I like it, though) and many men fall deeply in love with Katrina, but it's a great classic people will love. It's great.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycosmo September 27, 2009

Parent raiting

Watched it when I was 5 my parents scared me after it by sending me outside then when I came back inside when it was dark they got an orange pumpkin head and scared me now every Halloween I have been scared stiff and I am 15 I started to get over it at 10 but still. It depends on the type of parent you are if your the whole type of BOO during saw you probably don't want to show your kids.