All teen and kid member reviews for The Adventures of Tintin

Kid, 6 years old December 26, 2011

Terrific movie, and was fine for our younger kids

We run a pretty conservative household, and I took my 4-year old daughter and 6-year old son. Bear in mind we have almost no computer time yet for them and very little TV....so our bar for acceptable media is pretty high. I was a little concerned some of the content could be scary for my daughter, so we discussed in advance. Both kids just loved the movie - it was not scary to either of them, and the "violence" was completely antiseptic in my view and not inappropriate at all. Believe me, there's nothing appealing about Capt. Haddock's drinking - it's a lot more likely to push kids away from a drink than towards it. Simply wonderful movie.
Kid, 8 years old December 27, 2011

Not for younger children

The movie was very violent (lots of gun fights), dark, and confusing for children. My 8-year-old daughter laughed out loud a few times, but she didn't understand the story -- the pace was fast, the vocabulary was often over her head, and the allusions obscure.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykojitheman December 27, 2011

Amazing Movie.

Great animation. My rating: Intense action, crude humor, drinking, and a murder.
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2014

Really impressive visuals and great movie

Violence- 3 (Lots of action violence, a man is shot dead with some blood) Drinking, Drugs and Smoking- 3 (Captain Haddock is drunk near;y the whole movie)
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2012

tintin raves

it was great!!! it was never boring, very high quality graphics!!! And always keeps you on the edge of your seat. violence is mild but could seem abit scary for 5- I loved it!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byArpy November 23, 2012

Excellent for Tintin-readers

If you're going for the comedy fun of Herge's books, this is not the movie. If, however, you want an action-full adventure with lots of automatics, aeroplanes, machine guns, and even swordfights, this is one you must see. Tintin is an amazing character, but no one should try to get to know him from one feature-film. He is the sort of person one must know by reading the books before-hand. The film did a stupendous job with the effects, action, animation, and casting. Tintin is a good role model for kids and teens alike, as he often sacrifices his interests for the good of others. Unlike a lot of newer movies, this one had a great script with no dumbing-down of dialogue or vocabulary. The classic feel -- old cars, old clothes, etc. -- is refreshing. The Captain does drink a lot, as he does in the books, but it is more of a turn-off than otherwise. He is not shown as quite as lovable as he is in the books, however, being more dimwitted. Jamie Bell epitomises Tintin. My best advice is read the books and let the movie be supplement. (The books are much funnier, but the movie's action is better.) I love this movie, but that is partly because I believe in new adventures now and then; it brings Tintin back to life. Nobody but Spielberg could have done it so well. I can't wait for the next one. Note on the age limit: you probably have to know your child, but my eight-year-old sister loves it. There is a little more blood than you might be comfortable with. One person gets killed. If we are talking about kids who watch Narnia or any of those kind of movies, Tintin will be child's play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ October 8, 2012

The Adventures of Tintin Review

Great movie. Very similar to the Indiana Jones films. The affects and the music are truly amazing
Kid, 6 years old July 13, 2014

Violent,but great

A person in the movie enjoys drinking whiskey and there are some guns.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2013

AWESOME

Very good. Violent,but was exciting.Great direction from Steven Spielberg.
Kid, 8 years old January 27, 2013

alcohol

captain haddock is drinking too much
Kid, 9 years old October 26, 2012

Tintin=Epic

It was very good and I think a seven year old can handle this movie.
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2012

Awesome Movie!

It was an incredible movie! Though Captain Haddock did drink alcohol, It didn't bother me. It was a bit violent but it had funny parts and had great animation. I have read the comics so i am very familiar with him. I think it was one of the best movies of the year!
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 1, 2015

Great movie with disturbing moments along the way.

This movie has a lot of action and a bit of blood. The story centers on a teenager on a perilious quest, who brought along an alchoholic, who is supposedly the film's comic relief. That said, the fact that the central villain stole that alchoholic's ship and fed him drugs to keep him unconscious of the theft may be a bit disturbing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosiahsk8s December 29, 2014

Great movie!!!!!

This movie was amazing, and I'm not one of the kids that likes animated kids movies very much, I love speilberg. My fav. Director of all time, and I have to say he did an amazing job on this movie. Now, the movie had a great story, but allot of kids who are used to movies like cars, planet 51, ect, would most likely be lost in this movie, it is a little hard to follow, but if you can follow it, it has a great story, now, for little kids, there is a good amount of violence, but not to crazy, I can say that if the movie wasn't animated, it would be pg-13, which to me, is perfectly fine, if the movie doesn't have a lot of language or dirty things, which this movie does not have. Also, one of the main character is a drunk, and I think that that's actually good for kids to see; that way they can see what alcohol does, the drunk is always screwing things up. There is also one scene with blood, but very little. This movie, in my opinion, is good for anyone aged 8 to 80, yes, this movie would even be entertaining to adults, but if you are the type of parents, only let your kids see movies like cars and planet 51, this movie may be hard to follow for your kids, and a little frightening for your kids.
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2014

GREAT!

A great movie. Though, it does have LOTS of alcohol, and has mild violence. Though, still is great, but it shouldn't be rated PG with this much alcohol. This movie will not disappoint, though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2013

A Fun Adventure Movie

I think it's a fun movie. The animation is incredible.The faces of the people look cartoonish, but everything else looks real. There's plenty of action, and a lot of guns for a childrens movie. There's also a lot of drinking, but it has consequences. Seriously C.M Mom? PG-13 movies are more violent, and they have strong language. I've seen plenty of them.
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2011

Speilburg does it again!

The Adventures of Tintin was an adaptation of the classic cartoon and comics (I think) with the same name. The animation was done in the style of The Polar Express and Mars Needs Moms. Its content includes excessive adventure violence, with guns and blood, and an alcoholic Captain named Archibald Herrick. So, this content shouldn't scare kids 10 and up. An amazing movie!
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2015

Good movie, but not for small children.

The title says it. The Captain always gets drunk and always drinks drugs. In the start, somebody is smoking. Why would an animated movie be likes that? It is also a bit of violent and the violence is appropriate for 11 year old and above children. Very adventurous movie, but inappropriate for very young kids.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2013

not really for little kids

when I watched it I thought the part when someone shoots the guy in the door holding the newspaper with blood was kind of disturbing and the pirate guy seemed kind of dizzy and there's a lot of violence