All member reviews for The Adventures of Tintin

Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2012

Amazing

This movie is very well made. The animation is just amazing,talented voices,great script,and wonderful adventure,must see movie for kids.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2012

brave tintin

this movie is exciting and adventurous. It is awesome.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2012

do not bother

it's the worst movie ever jamiie bell did not do a good job and steven spielberg did not do a good job either all the actors did not do a good job
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2012

Loved The Film!

before I watched this film, I thought it'd be really boring. but when I did watch it I was amazed about how great the film was! I can't wait to watch the sequel to this film. I recommend this to people who love action adventure, or enjoy the tintin comics. The animation is VERY realistic! Best animation I've ever seen.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2012

...

Um.. This is definally not for 9 year olds.. more like for 11 years.. Anyways, Tintins Friend ( I Forgot his name.. He's a Sailor ) was addicted to drugs. He drank to much achohol. HE GOT DRUNK O_O.. Do not recommend this movie for younger viewers
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy July 3, 2012

Some things I don't think is for kids.

I think you should know your if your kid is ready to watch this because about 15 people died in this movie. It doesn't show any blood (except for one scene) but you know its there. I also don't think it's a good idea for the captain to drink, is this movie suposed to show you if you drink acohal you holucinate memories from a past lifetime? Otherwise, its an okay movie. Even though Tintin and the captain just met, they seem to have a bond going that be very strong; I could be wrong though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviegirl101 July 1, 2012

Excellent Movie, But Watch Out on Younger Kids

Although Haddock drinks through most of the movie, and the cartoon slapstick violence is abundant, it's a movie you'll want to watch over and over again. I have it on DVD and is one of the better animated movies I've seen. As long as your child knows about "unsafe drinking" and "it's just make-believe" kids and young tweens will love this animated feature. Main characters are in peril (Tintin is drugged and boxed and held captive on a ship through one scene.) (Haddock and Tintin almost die from dehydration in the desert.) (Haddock is almost killed in one of the final scenes in the movie.) A man is shot multiple times and killed in the beginning of the movie and there is blood, but not much, and the door is closed, so you don't see him get shot (the man uses his blood on his fingers to point out a clue for Tintin to follow) Bad guy threats, guns, but other than the one man, no one is killed or injured. I hope you and your family will enjoy the Adventures of Tintin.
Kid, 10 years old June 27, 2012

action packed

lots of action
Kid, 9 years old June 16, 2012

TINTIN

Action-packed animation so good I could barely tell it was animated.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysk8it June 9, 2012

?

good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover June 8, 2012

Amazing, a great work of art, but best to know your kid

This is a fantastic movie! First of all, it has a great cast, including Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, and Jamie Bell. There is a lot of drinking, since Captain Haddock (Andy Serkis) almost always has a bottle of whiskey in his hand, but by the end of the movie, he's not drinking anymore. Tintin (Jamie Bell) is very courageous, clever, and adventurous. Cute, too. ;) There is some cursing and insults, but my 8 year old brother watched it, and he didn't notice it at all. Neither did I. There is action violence, since it is an action movie. There's some pick pocketing, though that's not too much of a bad thing to see in movies nowadays. Tintin's apartment is broken into, and the model of the Unicorn ship is stolen. Tintin is kidnapped and put in a crate aboard a cargo ship. Overall fun for a family with children who can handle action violence.
Kid, 6 years old May 25, 2012

Tin Tin review

Great movie for families and just a great movie in general
Teen, 16 years old Written bygoldenlion666 April 14, 2012

tin tin

love it good storyline
Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2012

See Tintin. It is the best.

Best movie ever. Fun action. Good 3-D and good swashbuckling.
Kid, 10 years old April 6, 2012

Deserves 5 stars

This is a brilliant, fascinating,action movie. It deserves 5 stars.
Kid, 12 years old April 6, 2012

Great Movie

THis is a great movie, but a main character is always drunk, and there is a lot of gun violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypondo April 5, 2012

lives up to the 90's series

this fillm possibley suppasses the 90's series, and the the way they made the film is very intresting, it was defaintly a laugh out loud film, and i can not wait for the series of following films, i rate it on for 9 and up
Kid, 8 years old April 3, 2012

Could Have Been Rated PG-13

This is the 2nd best movie I've seen!Everybody says the drinking is a problem.Really it is kind of good to know what happens when somebody gets drunk so we won't get drunk.There is alot of violence and Tintin's dad gets shot about 30 minutes in.There is alot of sword fight and because of violence this movie could have been rated PG-13.Tintin does show alot of confidence.At one point there is a ship fight. Both the ships sunk and they all died,but they didn't actualy show somebody drowning under water.One part is alittle scary,unexpected and confusing. Cptain Haddock and Tintin get struck by lightning and somehow lived.People kill, punch, steal,shoot and drink a little to much.This movie is only barely PG.Thank you for reading my review.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 17, 2012

Okay adventure

Not bad for a kid's adventure movie, loads of action and heavy drinking
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2012

The Adventures of Tintin

This was an amazing movie. Guns, fistfights, and swashbuckling are frequent. British slang is used often such as 'bloody', but cussing is infrequent. Haddock is shown as a drunk throughout most of the film. Overall, this was amazing. But if you don't want your kid seeing drinking and violence, steer clear of this one.