All member reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2012

Easily the Best Marvel Blockbuster

As promised, here is my review of the masterpiece - The Amazing Spider-Man. It surpasses all of the previous Marvel movies - Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, even the Avengers. This movie is more of a reboot than a remake. It has different characters and a different (but better) storyline. Andrew Garfield pleases as always. After his marvelous performance of Eduardo Saverin in the Social Network back in 2010, here he is in The Amazing Spider-Man as the lead. He is flawless as the awkward and young nerd who gets bullied a lot. He really put his blood, sweat, and tears working on this film. You can feel his emotion and it empowers your whole body. As for Emma Stone, she is pretty good as Peter Parker's girlfriend, also having effective and emotional parts in the film. Rhys Ifans is awesome as Doctor Connors, and *MILD SPOILER* the Lizard. *MILD SPOILER END* Everybody else does their work and does it well. Now, for the 3D review. The 3D is so-so, with some things jumping out at you, and in most scenes, showing the huge city's depth. Getting the 3D ticket is unnecessary. However, if you want to watch it in IMAX, you have to watch it in IMAX 3D. The IMAX makes you feel like you're in the movie, web-slinging across the city. Now, for the parental review. There are positive messages and role models. Peter is a courageous young man and tries to protect citizens at all costs. However, the bully, Flash, bullies many people and beats Peter up. There is strong violence in the movie, attacking, fighting, violence, bullying, and harshness. I jumped about 5 times in the movie, mostly because of the sudden spinning of webs and gunshots. But, be warned, there is a HUGE JUMP SCENE (I'm going to caps lock it to make sure everybody knows what it is): WHEN GWEN IS HIDING IN THE DARK BEHIND AN OBJECT, THERE IS SILENCE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN THE LIZARD SUDDENLY POPS OUT AND SCREAMS, ACCOMPANIED BY SUDDEN AND FRIGHTENING MUSIC. I jumped so hard in that scene, everybody looked at me. For sexual content, there are a lot of long kisses between Peter and Gwen and other couples. Also, Peter also accidentally rips a woman's shirt off, revealing her in her bra. In the language department, there is a use of a*s and Peter uses mf word, but the f part of it, he creates a new word and says huher or something like that, so don't worry about that too much. As some people know, Sony supports this movie and once, there is two people watching a video, holding a Sony tablet. Also there are search engines shown, such as Google. This film is a part of the Marvel Universe, promoting Marvel movies. That's what the film has in terms of bad stuff. Overall, I say go watch this movie right now. You'll enjoy this thrilling movie that you'll never forget.

Definetly not dissapointing.

First of all, CSM pretty much has this movie nailed when it comes to what parents/anyone should know about this movie's violence, sex, language, etc. So, all I need to really talk about is how good the movie was. When I came to the theater earlier this night, I was really excited to see this movie, and I wouldn't say it disappointed me. It had good acting, good CGI, good action sequences, decent enough pacing, and awesome makeup/ costume design/ general style. The movie isn't flawless, but it works (I might be judging it a bit too harshly, as I was prepared for a mind blowing spectacle. If I feel differently the second time I watch it, I might post an edit on my review) well enough. Some scenes I personally thought were a tad unnecessary, and in the end (as I said before) the pacing was a bit strange, but all in all, I'm certainly glad I saw it. FINAL VERDICT *final at least for now*: The movie is a bit flawed, but it works out for the most part, kind of like the old Spiderman movies (of course the actual movie is nothing like the originals, without a couple of moments that remind you of the movie that came out only 12 years ago). If anything, it's certainly worth seeing and I would be happy to see an (inevitable) sequel.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This was VERY good. Garfield did better than Tobey Maguire. There was superhero violence, including mutilation, fight scenes, stabbing,death, and more. There was a scene of sensuality and there was some flirting. And some mild language. But except for the emotional intensity, this was fine.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2012

AMAZZING.

I am amazed to this movie, I really like it can be 10 and up. :)

The Amazing Spider-Man: Worth It! FULL REVIEW

Age-wise, this movie displays positive role models and messages. Peter's character tells you that there is a hero inside all of us, and everyone knows that even the Spider-Man comic books tell you that "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." There's some epic violence that I wouldn't worry too much about, and there are some swear-words here and there, but I think just about any Spidey fan can see this. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was a movie that I had been waiting for since I was seven years old. It is a completely different movie than any of the old ones. Andrew and Emma were amazing when it came to acting, but Peter's character more than Gwen's. Marc Webb should really consider returning for a sequel to "try again" and make a movie that deserves an 11/10. I liked how while the spider-powers didn't kick in too soon, an interesting plot involving Peter's parents did. The movie did a good job getting you interested on one thing, and then, BOOM, another plot point changes everything. It was really put together nicely. The movie contained some HILARIOUS scenes, really depressing scenes, and amazing scenes, and they were all balanced out perfectly, except for near the end, where a funny scene is placed just to lighten up the mood, even though it's after a really depressing scene. The big villain, The Lizard, will be hard to beat in upcoming superhero movies. He was a true threat to New York and had a reason to do what he was doing other than "I want to kill Spider-Man" or "I'm just crazy like that." Not only was the villain's character awesome, but the animation made him look real and scary. You can compare him to Venom and Sand-Man and see how much better he looks. All in all, I give The Amazing Spider-Man an 8.5/9 out of 10. It truly deserves it's title of "amazing." There were scenes where I had to hold my breath or somewhat stop watching because of everything that was going on. If you are someone who doesn't really like the super-hero genre, then you are going to LOVE what Marc and Andrew have in store for you. If you're a comic book geek (which I don't think we have many of anymore) you are going to love how this compares to the comics and other superhero movies. It was truly worth it, and I hope to see it again soon
Teen, 14 years old Written byThorthegodofthunder July 3, 2012

Great Movie

This movie was fantastic. Andrew Garfield nailed Peter Parker. It was a great movie.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is definitely amazing

This movie deserves its title: it really is amazing. It will make you laugh, cry, and hold your breath while hoping Spider-Man will make it. Andrew Garfield was superb, as he played the role perfectly. Although his character isn't the best role model at times, in the end he is brave, funny, and a good guy. The visual effects were great and highly believable. It's a great story, great screenplay, and all the actors are great. It's also not very scary, gory, and it doesn't have much swearing, so it is fine for any kids who are allowed to see PG-13 movies. Overall, it was an excellent movie and I would see it again many times.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 July 6, 2012

Pretty good film

Considering how much I liked the 2002 film, I was hesistant to watch this one. It was different, but it was pretty good. I think they should have resolved some story-lines (I won't spoil it for anyone), but overall it was good. Andrew Garfield was pretty good as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, and I was very impressed with Emma Stone's portrayal of Gwen Stacy. Violence: Typical superhero-style violence; car crashes, glass breakage, etc. Some guns are used by the police against Spider-Man and the main villian. Some blood is shown. One scene has the main villian jump out of nowhere, which could be frightening for some. A few deaths. Sex: Some kissing/making out. Spider-Man accidentally rips off a woman's top, revealing her bra. Language: Mild lanuguage like, h*ll, a**, d*mn. "Mother Hubbard" is used to replace Mother F-ker.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2012

Not a Bad Movie

This movie was very good.It had a little kissing scenes but they were not intense. It had mild language and some fighting scenes. It might be a little scary for kids 7 and under. Overall, i thought the movie was very good.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2012

The best spider man ever and 3-D is the best !!!!!!!!!!

The amazing spiderman is good, awesome and fun comic book movie for little kids. I saw this movie in 3-D and it was the best 3-D since the avengers. Go see this movie with your kids in 3-D and it is so awesome that im going to buy this title on blu ray when it comes out on DVD
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2012

The AMAZING SPIDERMAN

It was awesome. I think it was not inappropriate at all. I saw 8 year olds there and I'm 11. It was a action packed , funny , romantic movie. I loved it. The actors and actress were great. Emma stone and Andrew Garfeild were great. Everyone should see this movie if you like action and spiderman.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEMINEM27 July 6, 2012

Spidey-Man!

I thought that making another edition to the Spider-Man franchise but having the same base story-line as the first one with Tobey mguire would suck! but it was really good! just as good as the original! you gotta see this movie!
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2012

the amazing spider man

the movie was the bomb! garfield done better then the other guy well in my opinion stan lee cameo super funny tiny bit of bad words but nothing to bad hope i helped
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 5, 2012

Very Good superhero movie

This is a very good movie. The action is frequent, mainly in the second half. Some intense images. Should be fine for older kids/ pre-teens, but know your child.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

All ages can and should watch!

Some kissing is nothing... I aam 12 and this movie is nothing compared to a movie like Ted. This movie is a fun movie for the family.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygrEEdo111 July 15, 2012

A Disappointing and Unspectacular Origin Story.

It has been ten years since Sam Raimi's popular Spider-Man trilogy began with an impressive note and it seems as though little has changed in the Marvel universe. Certainly in our own world we have since seen the rise in the popularity of super hero movies, particularly in anticipation of the recent 'Avenger's' film, and with so many other fantastic titles available and approaching (such as the hugely anticipated 'Dark Knight Rises' which promises to be one of the years biggest films and will serve to close the gap between the two comic giants), it's difficult to recommend The Amazing Spider-Man. The plot provides a fairly uninteresting story (as I will mention re-iterate later) and while the majority of performances are consistently solid, with Emma Stone as Spidey's interest and Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben in stand-out roles, Andrew Garfield's role as the Man himself, however, is lacklustre. While his portrayal of an awkward, nerdy, emotionally unstable teen isn't lacking in acting ability, Garfield appears to be strained and out of place in the role of the masked vigilante. A strange choice for the lead role, not least of all for the reason that he looks far too old to be a high-school student (a problem co-star Emma Stone also faces). Rhys Ifans plays an underwhelming villain (The Lizard) who's motif seems muddled and unclear, who's depiction in a bright and fairly unspectacular CGI manner does not feel coherent with the films gritty and realistic tone which it seems to strive for. The biggest problem with The Amazing Spider-Man, however, is that it provides nothing new (the aforementioned starter of Sam Raimi's trilogy had an interesting villain and play on morality that set it apart from most other hero films). We have seen this story before in a plethora of other superhero movies and done in far more interessting ways. It feels as though TASM is simply walking through the motions, and provides no real redeeming qualities. Ultimately, The Amazing Spider-Man is far short of Amazing. Its too convoluted for children to understand, and too incoherent and unspectular to entertain any other demographic. If your looking for a good super hero movie, keep your coins in your pocket and wait for the Dark Knight Rises, or dash out to catch the Avengers before it finishes. Steer clear of this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byellie.me. July 10, 2012

Spider-Man for another generation

After waiting two years for this movie's release, I definitely wasn't disappointed. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is still nerdy despite the skateboard, and is more of a loner than the typical stock character nerd. The shared love of science brings together Peter and Gwen Stacy, who's a plucky, smart girlfriend instead of a damsel-in-distress. Their on-screen chemistry is sweet and believable, and a nice foil to all the action-packed scenes. He's not above messing with criminals or trying to get back at his high school bully, but he has a good heart. He sticks up for people before he ever puts the mask on. He's a teenager, and a pretty typical one, who just so happens to find himself with super powers. In the end, he manages to save New York City (while injured, by the way) and gives up on trying to get revenge on his Uncle's killer and instead makes it his job to serve the city. His problems with girls, school bullies, money, and family make this Peter Parker totally relatable and grounded in reality. The point of Uncle Ben's last message to Peter was to direct him in the right path, teaching him that if he can help others, he should. Though he never tells Peter those famous words (you know the ones) he conveys the message. The last scene where Peter hints at breaking a very important promise doesn't undermine his morality, he's still a kid who makes mistakes, despite being Spider-Man. He will definitely suffer the consequences of his decision in the future films, and that will have a profound effect on him. Spider-Man is still that super-powered role model we all love. The tragic Dr. Connors isn't quite the tragic villain Doc Ock was but he makes for a good opponent for the teenage Spider-Man. A plus for him is that he's very likeable before his accidental mutation, making you sympathize rather than hate this bad guy. Who's not actually all that bad. The 3-D is dazzling and appropriately nauseating, and totally worth the 3-D ticket price. Despite the sometimes problematic screenplay and a few plot holes due to editing, The Amazing Spider-Man is great Marvel entertainment. Also, the best Stan Lee cameo in Marvel movie history is in this one. It was probably too soon to reboot the series, but I'm glad they did. Go see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygaby1120 July 10, 2012

A really great summer movie!

This Spiderman movie is probably one of the best movies of the summer! Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone work so well together on screen, giving the story a whole new depth that previous Spiderman movies did not achieve. The action and acting are great, and the story is engaging. Go see it!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

Cool for tweens,but had bad language.

Movie was really cool,but had bad language s*** and f***. Also had kissing scenes,but not too bad.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysomerandomguy August 1, 2012

OH MY GOD!!!

THIS MOVIE WAS EPIC! I am so glad I spent my money on this. This was a great movie. I was really impressed. The film stars Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker, a orphaned boy who lives with his aunt and uncle. Peter gets bit by a radioactive spider and it gives him the abilities of a spider. Then his uncle dies. He decides to take revenge on the man who killed his uncle, so he turned into spiderman. He then thought he could become a super hero, fighting crime and impressing people especially the love of his life, Gwen Stacy portrayed by Emma Stone. He then finds out a human-like Lizard is on the loose, so he has to fight it. The violence in this film is really bad for kids, like his uncle got shot and you could see all the blood. And in the end Gwens dad gets stabbed in the chest by the claws of the Lizard. There are a few kissing scenes, where Peter is at school looking through his locker and right next to him, a couple are kissing passionately. The language isn't bad at all, Peter says words that start like a swear but end in a child friendly way, like when he says "Mother Hugger". It also has frequent mild language too. Overall this was a fantastic movie. Go. Watch. It. Now.