All member reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 7, 2012

Too soon? I think not!

Unlike other superhero films, this "Spider-Man" reboot steers clear of cliches. It's also great acting from Garfield, Leary, and especially Stone as Peter Parker's love interest. "The Amazing Spider-Man" is a good love story and great summer entertainment!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston May 12, 2013

Awesome.

This is a really good Spider-Man film. It is awesome. Great graphics, action, acting, ect. Nothing is wrong with this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 19, 2013

for the fans

not as amazing as it looks but really promising for spidey fans like me!
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2012

This movie isn't that bad for young audiences

I'm 11 and I think it is an enjoyable action-packed movie that's great if you are into that genre, but may be too violent for probably 9 and under. I watched it with my 9-year old cousin a few days ago, at times he would be frightened. The romance isn't that bad, only a few romantic kisses flirting. The language isn't too bad, but beware that language used is as such: a*s, d*mn etc. Peter is a good role model for kids, a typical smart boy who's been bullied that is trying to do good for others.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJacob Haimovitz December 28, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man is an Action-packed series reboot has lots to offer Spidey fans.

The Amazing Spider-Man is a thrill ride that teen fans will love. The Amazing Spider-Man is age-appropriate for kids ages 12 and up. I love The Amazing Spider-Man, The Spider-Man Trilogy and The Avengers. I love Andrew Garfield. The Amazing Spider-Man has a lot of action violence, but it doesn't have too much gore in it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheItalianSensation November 18, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man

The movie was ok. Emma Stone was great as Gwen Stacy. The action sequences were underwhelming. This reboot was completly unecessary.
Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2012

Sorry,kids

Sorry if you are young and want to see this movie.It is way too violent.The killing of Ben Parker was just,ew.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

gr8

ok i saw this movie and i am a mature 10 yr old and barely scared by ANY movie but at some parts this movie was just plain CREEPY!!!! otherwise really gud and i luved it!! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bylmtrav July 10, 2012

Great Movie With Strong Characters

I loved this movie. I am a longtime closet Spider-Man fan. I have never read a comic book in my life, but I loved the first three movies as well as the ride at Universal in Florida. I also have been a huge Andrew Garfield fan since I watched Social Network. So, I've been excited about this movie for a while. I think it is a really fun and great movie for families with older kids and teenagers. There is some violence, but it isn't that bad and the very few graphic parts are extremely brief. My favorite part of this movie however was Emma Stone's character, Gwen. I liked her better than Mary Jane from the original movies. She's a very strong, independent, positive female character who is one of the main reasons Spider-Man wins in the end. It's nice to have a super hero movie where the female lead is smart and helpful and not just looking pretty and dangling from a building waiting to be rescued.
Teen, 15 years old Written byantoineisthebest July 9, 2012

don't go see it

it suuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkksssssssssssssss
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan March 1, 2015

The Amazing Spider-Man movie review

To date, "Spider-Man 2" is still my favorite "Spider-Man" movie. "The Amazing Spider-Man" was one of my most anticipated films of 2012. In short, this movie was good, but underwhelming. I do like Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man better than Toby Maguire's. Also, I did like the cinematography and camerawork. The story was interesting as well. However, it dragged in so many sequences. Also, the movie was predictable. I was underwhelmed by the action and I thought the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield was crap. Still, the movie is okay and I recommend it to comic book fans.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2015

review on The Amazing Spiderman

I think that it is a bit scary a some points and there are some scenes that include kissing so if you don`t want you kid to see that then just skip it. Other than that it`s a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2014

love it!

I like it because it is scary but not too scary so almost everyone will like it. I like the way he transformed and the side effects, My favorite part is the exitment. some stuff happens when you dont expect it to happen!
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2014

Nothing different to the other Spidey movies

Violence- 3 (Fistfights, some cuts, a jump scene)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

Spidey movie dashes scary images + non stop fun action

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action and scary images
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy August 1, 2014

Older tweens and up

Spider man 2 is a perfect movie to take your 7th or 8th grader to. Yes, it is violent at points and could be disturbing for some at points (the dr.'s transformation) it is fine for older tweens and they should be able to handle it. Not much sexual stuff, you see a woman's bra and some kissing, Peter shoots his webbing at Gwen's rear. Not a ton of language, but still has some. The thing that parents should look out for in this film is the violence. 12+
Kid, 10 years old July 23, 2014

it's definitely the Amazing Spider Man!

I thought that this was a great movie, other than the violence included. And a couple of scenes do involve the losses of beloved characters and gushing blood. A lot of people including me, may be disturbed by this. But besides that, I thought the movie was great! With lots of plot twists and excitement. Plus, quite a few funny jokes are told. The excitement also includes fast moving action, and also cool POV camera views. Overall, i'd say it's a 5 star movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2014

Must see

Good for ten and up maybe younger swearing is not that much such as h--l a-- a--hole d--n made up word for the Mf word
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2014

Must see

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2014

An amazing movie that's amazingly appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie has superhero violence.It has some flirting and two teens kiss once. It has some mild language. It is a great movie like the title says: An amazing movie thats amazingly appropriate!!!