All member reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2012

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN

In The Amazing Spider-man, many people are killed in many bloody ways. Also, the villian may scare people under 10 years of age. Also, the is some teenage kissing and a few mild curses.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNovalita July 19, 2012

Super Awesome!

I laughed, I cried, I gawked at Andrew Garfield. This movie has it all! What used to be classic is now considered cliche and this movie is definitely classic. It has the basic super-hero movie mold, but with modern graphics and great actors, I would see it again and again! :D P.S. You don't have to have seen the other movies or read the comic-books to know what's going on ;-)
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabiey July 19, 2012

Truly Amazing Spider Man

I think that this movie brought a new life to the spider man series, comedy, action and most importantly in a movie like this, romance. Peter Parker aka Spider man goes against all odds, like bullies and bad guys to save New York, the story brings up a new and better version of Spider man. While the other more recent installments of Spider man movies where more serious than funny, the newest Spider man installments were comedy packed, like the more recent television show Ultimate Spider Man, this movie is funny and action packed while not being to serious. My whole family went to go see it including my 8 year old brother and 8 year old cousin. We all loved the movie and I can't say a bad word about it,the original movies just got knocked right out of the water because spider man made a huge improvement and comeback.
Teen, 16 years old Written byechgrl July 18, 2012

BEST Spiderman Movie :D

This reboot was needed to me. It was awesome! And defeated the other three Spidey movies by far. I have to say, those movies are very different, but Amazing Spiderman really developed the characters nicely and Andrew Garfield was the perfect Peter Parker. It really stayed true to the original comics with his first love being Gwen Stacy and the web-shooters. In my opinion, it deserves 4.5 stars or more because honestly, it was the best Spiderman movie I've seen. I recommend this movie for everyone who loves romance, action/violence, and a little bit of comedy - but not so much that it's overpowering. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 July 18, 2012

Really good

I really enjoyed it. I like the older ones too, but Andrew Garfield played Peter more like himself because he acted more awkward and joked around more. And Gwen is pretty cool, too. :)
Kid, 10 years old July 18, 2012

Truley amazing!

Wow this by far one of the most thrilling and amazing film I have seen. First of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone did a really great job playing there roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Now I would to say the IMAX 3-D was pretty awesome. The violence was a little bloody especially when Uncle Ben gets shot SPOLIER(Ben his covered in a pool of blood and peter is trying to pump him back to life and peters hands are full of blood)The main comic book action really. Nothing really scary.There was a few kissing parts but not to bad. It is pretty funny to. There is cameo by Stan Lee(creator of spider man). P.S stay for credits to see who may or may not be the Villan in The Amazing Spiderman 2.
Teen, 13 years old Written byItsGottaBeLou July 17, 2012

"Amazing" Movie with Some Scary Scenes

This has been the first movie where I've actually been scared and worried that the good guy's not going to win. The violence is very realistic. I was sent home a little shaken because in some of the scenarios where someone died, those scenarios are real life things that could really happen to me or to a loved one. The acting was incredible, especially Andrew Garfield (spiderman). There is one scene where peter tries to seduce his love interest, but she tells him no. Other than that, there's no really sexy things in the movie, just some kissing and mild flirting. The movie is "Amazing" and will have you laughing, smiling, and crying.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCalc77 July 16, 2012

Good stuff! Know your kid.

Wonderful film! I dont know why it was rated PG-13. i think it could've have snuck away with PG. Great watch!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bypepsicola14 July 16, 2012

Definetly more then I expected

I saw this movie a couple days ago and I was definetly impressed. As most people were thinking, I was a little skepticle, since the last one just came out about 5 years ago, do we really need a re-boot? Honestly, no. We didn't. But that does not mean this movie is not good. It is. Andrew Garfield is great, as is Emma Stone and Denis Leary. I myself was a little sour that good old Tobey Maguire wasn't even involved, but that does not take away the appel and raw awe that the movie brings. Go see it, and love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 16, 2012

........ Go go Spider-Man!

Really good movie
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

Cool for tweens,but had bad language.

Movie was really cool,but had bad language s*** and f***. Also had kissing scenes,but not too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalyssareviews July 14, 2012

Great Movie

Any kid growing up watching Spider Man series will love this
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2012

Best in the Series Yet

The Amazing Spider-Man was better than I expected, at first I thought that the reboot was going to be disappointing but I was wrong. This new innstallment is unexpecting a bit more violent than the past movies, and the best in the new series so far. Thoughout most of the movie Peter is bloody and wounded (sometimes), in other super hero movies the villan usally dies, but (Spoiler Alert) the Lizard man does not die but he turns back into a human but still goes behind bars. In some parts the movie can be suspensful at times, like in one part a testing lab a giant rat was eating another small rat and it was bloody. Some mild swearing, but not really anythindg to worry about, some innuedo but kids won't relize and the words will escape off their heads. If the box office goes well they will make a second movie and fans will not wait till' the day the movie comes to the big screen.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

gr8

ok i saw this movie and i am a mature 10 yr old and barely scared by ANY movie but at some parts this movie was just plain CREEPY!!!! otherwise really gud and i luved it!! :)
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

the amazing spider man

the movie was really good in my opinion very little language just the a word (1) and the d word (2)
Teen, 17 years old Written bylmtrav July 10, 2012

Great Movie With Strong Characters

I loved this movie. I am a longtime closet Spider-Man fan. I have never read a comic book in my life, but I loved the first three movies as well as the ride at Universal in Florida. I also have been a huge Andrew Garfield fan since I watched Social Network. So, I've been excited about this movie for a while. I think it is a really fun and great movie for families with older kids and teenagers. There is some violence, but it isn't that bad and the very few graphic parts are extremely brief. My favorite part of this movie however was Emma Stone's character, Gwen. I liked her better than Mary Jane from the original movies. She's a very strong, independent, positive female character who is one of the main reasons Spider-Man wins in the end. It's nice to have a super hero movie where the female lead is smart and helpful and not just looking pretty and dangling from a building waiting to be rescued.
Teen, 14 years old Written byellie.me. July 10, 2012

Spider-Man for another generation

After waiting two years for this movie's release, I definitely wasn't disappointed. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is still nerdy despite the skateboard, and is more of a loner than the typical stock character nerd. The shared love of science brings together Peter and Gwen Stacy, who's a plucky, smart girlfriend instead of a damsel-in-distress. Their on-screen chemistry is sweet and believable, and a nice foil to all the action-packed scenes. He's not above messing with criminals or trying to get back at his high school bully, but he has a good heart. He sticks up for people before he ever puts the mask on. He's a teenager, and a pretty typical one, who just so happens to find himself with super powers. In the end, he manages to save New York City (while injured, by the way) and gives up on trying to get revenge on his Uncle's killer and instead makes it his job to serve the city. His problems with girls, school bullies, money, and family make this Peter Parker totally relatable and grounded in reality. The point of Uncle Ben's last message to Peter was to direct him in the right path, teaching him that if he can help others, he should. Though he never tells Peter those famous words (you know the ones) he conveys the message. The last scene where Peter hints at breaking a very important promise doesn't undermine his morality, he's still a kid who makes mistakes, despite being Spider-Man. He will definitely suffer the consequences of his decision in the future films, and that will have a profound effect on him. Spider-Man is still that super-powered role model we all love. The tragic Dr. Connors isn't quite the tragic villain Doc Ock was but he makes for a good opponent for the teenage Spider-Man. A plus for him is that he's very likeable before his accidental mutation, making you sympathize rather than hate this bad guy. Who's not actually all that bad. The 3-D is dazzling and appropriately nauseating, and totally worth the 3-D ticket price. Despite the sometimes problematic screenplay and a few plot holes due to editing, The Amazing Spider-Man is great Marvel entertainment. Also, the best Stan Lee cameo in Marvel movie history is in this one. It was probably too soon to reboot the series, but I'm glad they did. Go see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 July 10, 2012

Another great spidey flick even if it's a reboot.

When I first heard the Spiderman franchise was going to be rebooted I was devastated. I loved Raimi's take on Spiderman and I thought Maguire was quite excellent for his role. So I was somewhat worried this film really would just not work. After watching this, I feel guilty for even suggesting that this film could be bad. It was great. First off, I need to give credit to Andrew Garfield. He was a great Peter Parker. He was more realistic than Maguire and he also was a lot more relatable as a character than Maguire ever was. Emma Stone also was a excellent Gwen Stacey. The relationship between the two characters was very realistic in a outstanding way. I also very much enjoyed the new spidey look. Spidey's new outfit looks cooler and even a bit more modern. The action sequences were also very cool and I thought the special effects were put to good use. The villain, The Lizard was all CG but I really liked him and thought he delivered as a villain. The acting was also quite amazing from basically everyone in the whole movie. One of the biggest problems people have with this movie is the fact it plays somewhat similar than the original Spiderman from 2002. I admit that it does play similar from the original but the way the story was told and delivered made it very exciting and fun to watch. So really, that isn't a problem. And you also have to give the film credit. It has to be pretty hard to make a reboot and make the story completely original. If I really have any problem at all it would be there were a couple of somewhat over the top senes but besides that the film was really good. The Amazing Spiderman was a wonderful film that really stood up to all the hype. This film truly is quite amazing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygaby1120 July 10, 2012

A really great summer movie!

This Spiderman movie is probably one of the best movies of the summer! Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone work so well together on screen, giving the story a whole new depth that previous Spiderman movies did not achieve. The action and acting are great, and the story is engaging. Go see it!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byWREN345 July 9, 2012

Best super hero movie ever!

If you havent seen the 2002 version of this movie dont. It insults spiderman compared to this! Its amust watch for 6 and up