All member reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man

Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2012

Easily the Best Marvel Blockbuster

As promised, here is my review of the masterpiece - The Amazing Spider-Man. It surpasses all of the previous Marvel movies - Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, even the Avengers. This movie is more of a reboot than a remake. It has different characters and a different (but better) storyline. Andrew Garfield pleases as always. After his marvelous performance of Eduardo Saverin in the Social Network back in 2010, here he is in The Amazing Spider-Man as the lead. He is flawless as the awkward and young nerd who gets bullied a lot. He really put his blood, sweat, and tears working on this film. You can feel his emotion and it empowers your whole body. As for Emma Stone, she is pretty good as Peter Parker's girlfriend, also having effective and emotional parts in the film. Rhys Ifans is awesome as Doctor Connors, and *MILD SPOILER* the Lizard. *MILD SPOILER END* Everybody else does their work and does it well. Now, for the 3D review. The 3D is so-so, with some things jumping out at you, and in most scenes, showing the huge city's depth. Getting the 3D ticket is unnecessary. However, if you want to watch it in IMAX, you have to watch it in IMAX 3D. The IMAX makes you feel like you're in the movie, web-slinging across the city. Now, for the parental review. There are positive messages and role models. Peter is a courageous young man and tries to protect citizens at all costs. However, the bully, Flash, bullies many people and beats Peter up. There is strong violence in the movie, attacking, fighting, violence, bullying, and harshness. I jumped about 5 times in the movie, mostly because of the sudden spinning of webs and gunshots. But, be warned, there is a HUGE JUMP SCENE (I'm going to caps lock it to make sure everybody knows what it is): WHEN GWEN IS HIDING IN THE DARK BEHIND AN OBJECT, THERE IS SILENCE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN THE LIZARD SUDDENLY POPS OUT AND SCREAMS, ACCOMPANIED BY SUDDEN AND FRIGHTENING MUSIC. I jumped so hard in that scene, everybody looked at me. For sexual content, there are a lot of long kisses between Peter and Gwen and other couples. Also, Peter also accidentally rips a woman's shirt off, revealing her in her bra. In the language department, there is a use of a*s and Peter uses mf word, but the f part of it, he creates a new word and says huher or something like that, so don't worry about that too much. As some people know, Sony supports this movie and once, there is two people watching a video, holding a Sony tablet. Also there are search engines shown, such as Google. This film is a part of the Marvel Universe, promoting Marvel movies. That's what the film has in terms of bad stuff. Overall, I say go watch this movie right now. You'll enjoy this thrilling movie that you'll never forget.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2012

The best spider man ever and 3-D is the best !!!!!!!!!!

The amazing spiderman is good, awesome and fun comic book movie for little kids. I saw this movie in 3-D and it was the best 3-D since the avengers. Go see this movie with your kids in 3-D and it is so awesome that im going to buy this title on blu ray when it comes out on DVD

Definetly not dissapointing.

First of all, CSM pretty much has this movie nailed when it comes to what parents/anyone should know about this movie's violence, sex, language, etc. So, all I need to really talk about is how good the movie was. When I came to the theater earlier this night, I was really excited to see this movie, and I wouldn't say it disappointed me. It had good acting, good CGI, good action sequences, decent enough pacing, and awesome makeup/ costume design/ general style. The movie isn't flawless, but it works (I might be judging it a bit too harshly, as I was prepared for a mind blowing spectacle. If I feel differently the second time I watch it, I might post an edit on my review) well enough. Some scenes I personally thought were a tad unnecessary, and in the end (as I said before) the pacing was a bit strange, but all in all, I'm certainly glad I saw it. FINAL VERDICT *final at least for now*: The movie is a bit flawed, but it works out for the most part, kind of like the old Spiderman movies (of course the actual movie is nothing like the originals, without a couple of moments that remind you of the movie that came out only 12 years ago). If anything, it's certainly worth seeing and I would be happy to see an (inevitable) sequel.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This was VERY good. Garfield did better than Tobey Maguire. There was superhero violence, including mutilation, fight scenes, stabbing,death, and more. There was a scene of sensuality and there was some flirting. And some mild language. But except for the emotional intensity, this was fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 July 13, 2012

One of the Best Super-Hero Movies that I've Seen

The Amazing Spiderman was, well... amazing. The only thing that I would caution parents about is the violence which doesn't get too bad until near the end. We see Peter Parker with many cuts and bruises throughout the film, but when the police open fire on our reptilian villain that's where the film received its PG-13 rating. There are two parts you could divide this movie into. 1) Peter Parker's transformation into Spiderman. 2) Spiderman's battle with the transformed-into-a-reptile Dr. Curt Connors. Peter Parker's emotional childhood leading up to becoming Spiderman is clearly laid out for us. It's the same back-story that it has always been: Peter is left to live with his aunt and uncle with his uncle's murder ultimately leading Peter to become Spiderman. I really enjoyed Andrew Garfield's acting as Peter Parker/Spiderman, but I think that the dramatic, suspenseful, and comedic scenes written into the movie are what really made it enjoyable. The Amazing Spiderman is a very good Spiderman movie, and definitely one of the best super-hero movies I've seen.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2012

the amazing spider man

the movie was the bomb! garfield done better then the other guy well in my opinion stan lee cameo super funny tiny bit of bad words but nothing to bad hope i helped

The Amazing Spider-Man: Worth It! FULL REVIEW

Age-wise, this movie displays positive role models and messages. Peter's character tells you that there is a hero inside all of us, and everyone knows that even the Spider-Man comic books tell you that "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." There's some epic violence that I wouldn't worry too much about, and there are some swear-words here and there, but I think just about any Spidey fan can see this. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was a movie that I had been waiting for since I was seven years old. It is a completely different movie than any of the old ones. Andrew and Emma were amazing when it came to acting, but Peter's character more than Gwen's. Marc Webb should really consider returning for a sequel to "try again" and make a movie that deserves an 11/10. I liked how while the spider-powers didn't kick in too soon, an interesting plot involving Peter's parents did. The movie did a good job getting you interested on one thing, and then, BOOM, another plot point changes everything. It was really put together nicely. The movie contained some HILARIOUS scenes, really depressing scenes, and amazing scenes, and they were all balanced out perfectly, except for near the end, where a funny scene is placed just to lighten up the mood, even though it's after a really depressing scene. The big villain, The Lizard, will be hard to beat in upcoming superhero movies. He was a true threat to New York and had a reason to do what he was doing other than "I want to kill Spider-Man" or "I'm just crazy like that." Not only was the villain's character awesome, but the animation made him look real and scary. You can compare him to Venom and Sand-Man and see how much better he looks. All in all, I give The Amazing Spider-Man an 8.5/9 out of 10. It truly deserves it's title of "amazing." There were scenes where I had to hold my breath or somewhat stop watching because of everything that was going on. If you are someone who doesn't really like the super-hero genre, then you are going to LOVE what Marc and Andrew have in store for you. If you're a comic book geek (which I don't think we have many of anymore) you are going to love how this compares to the comics and other superhero movies. It was truly worth it, and I hope to see it again soon
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2012

AMAZZING.

I am amazed to this movie, I really like it can be 10 and up. :)
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2012

yrgfv

uroioh
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2012

My New Favorite Movie

There is nothing really that inappropriate about this movie. Yeah, of course there is violence, it's a Spider-Man movie! There is SOME kissing but not a lot, and a little bit of swearing, but not a lot. Plus Spider-Man is a good role model! This is ok for kids 10 and up in my opinion.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygrEEdo111 July 15, 2012

A Disappointing and Unspectacular Origin Story.

It has been ten years since Sam Raimi's popular Spider-Man trilogy began with an impressive note and it seems as though little has changed in the Marvel universe. Certainly in our own world we have since seen the rise in the popularity of super hero movies, particularly in anticipation of the recent 'Avenger's' film, and with so many other fantastic titles available and approaching (such as the hugely anticipated 'Dark Knight Rises' which promises to be one of the years biggest films and will serve to close the gap between the two comic giants), it's difficult to recommend The Amazing Spider-Man. The plot provides a fairly uninteresting story (as I will mention re-iterate later) and while the majority of performances are consistently solid, with Emma Stone as Spidey's interest and Martin Sheen as Uncle Ben in stand-out roles, Andrew Garfield's role as the Man himself, however, is lacklustre. While his portrayal of an awkward, nerdy, emotionally unstable teen isn't lacking in acting ability, Garfield appears to be strained and out of place in the role of the masked vigilante. A strange choice for the lead role, not least of all for the reason that he looks far too old to be a high-school student (a problem co-star Emma Stone also faces). Rhys Ifans plays an underwhelming villain (The Lizard) who's motif seems muddled and unclear, who's depiction in a bright and fairly unspectacular CGI manner does not feel coherent with the films gritty and realistic tone which it seems to strive for. The biggest problem with The Amazing Spider-Man, however, is that it provides nothing new (the aforementioned starter of Sam Raimi's trilogy had an interesting villain and play on morality that set it apart from most other hero films). We have seen this story before in a plethora of other superhero movies and done in far more interessting ways. It feels as though TASM is simply walking through the motions, and provides no real redeeming qualities. Ultimately, The Amazing Spider-Man is far short of Amazing. Its too convoluted for children to understand, and too incoherent and unspectular to entertain any other demographic. If your looking for a good super hero movie, keep your coins in your pocket and wait for the Dark Knight Rises, or dash out to catch the Avengers before it finishes. Steer clear of this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 5, 2012

Very Good superhero movie

This is a very good movie. The action is frequent, mainly in the second half. Some intense images. Should be fine for older kids/ pre-teens, but know your child.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2012

Not a Bad Movie

This movie was very good.It had a little kissing scenes but they were not intense. It had mild language and some fighting scenes. It might be a little scary for kids 7 and under. Overall, i thought the movie was very good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThorthegodofthunder July 3, 2012

Great Movie

This movie was fantastic. Andrew Garfield nailed Peter Parker. It was a great movie.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is definitely amazing

This movie deserves its title: it really is amazing. It will make you laugh, cry, and hold your breath while hoping Spider-Man will make it. Andrew Garfield was superb, as he played the role perfectly. Although his character isn't the best role model at times, in the end he is brave, funny, and a good guy. The visual effects were great and highly believable. It's a great story, great screenplay, and all the actors are great. It's also not very scary, gory, and it doesn't have much swearing, so it is fine for any kids who are allowed to see PG-13 movies. Overall, it was an excellent movie and I would see it again many times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan March 1, 2015

The Amazing Spider-Man movie review

To date, "Spider-Man 2" is still my favorite "Spider-Man" movie. "The Amazing Spider-Man" was one of my most anticipated films of 2012. In short, this movie was good, but underwhelming. I do like Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Spider-Man better than Toby Maguire's. Also, I did like the cinematography and camerawork. The story was interesting as well. However, it dragged in so many sequences. Also, the movie was predictable. I was underwhelmed by the action and I thought the chemistry between Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield was crap. Still, the movie is okay and I recommend it to comic book fans.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2015

review on The Amazing Spiderman

I think that it is a bit scary a some points and there are some scenes that include kissing so if you don`t want you kid to see that then just skip it. Other than that it`s a great movie.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2014

love it!

I like it because it is scary but not too scary so almost everyone will like it. I like the way he transformed and the side effects, My favorite part is the exitment. some stuff happens when you dont expect it to happen!
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2014

Nothing different to the other Spidey movies

Violence- 3 (Fistfights, some cuts, a jump scene)
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew September 25, 2014

Spidey movie dashes scary images + non stop fun action

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action and scary images