All member reviews for The Amazing Spider-Man

Adult Written byjoshua martinez July 3, 2012

12 and up.

this action/adventure movie The Amazing Spider-Man is a great action movie good for your teens and fans that like spider man and parents the only thing that spider man has is some mild violence and some mild language used the message is about Teamwork and collaboration play important roles, and love familial, romantic and the role models are that Peter Parker is really trying to do the right thing, but he often comes off as a classically immature teen self-absorbed, insensitive, and at times narcissistic and Gwen is a smart, independent young woman who, unlike many superhero movie female leads, doesn't need rescuing. Uncle Ben and Aunt May teach Peter the importance of responsbility and unconditional love.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2012

Easily the Best Marvel Blockbuster

As promised, here is my review of the masterpiece - The Amazing Spider-Man. It surpasses all of the previous Marvel movies - Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, even the Avengers. This movie is more of a reboot than a remake. It has different characters and a different (but better) storyline. Andrew Garfield pleases as always. After his marvelous performance of Eduardo Saverin in the Social Network back in 2010, here he is in The Amazing Spider-Man as the lead. He is flawless as the awkward and young nerd who gets bullied a lot. He really put his blood, sweat, and tears working on this film. You can feel his emotion and it empowers your whole body. As for Emma Stone, she is pretty good as Peter Parker's girlfriend, also having effective and emotional parts in the film. Rhys Ifans is awesome as Doctor Connors, and *MILD SPOILER* the Lizard. *MILD SPOILER END* Everybody else does their work and does it well. Now, for the 3D review. The 3D is so-so, with some things jumping out at you, and in most scenes, showing the huge city's depth. Getting the 3D ticket is unnecessary. However, if you want to watch it in IMAX, you have to watch it in IMAX 3D. The IMAX makes you feel like you're in the movie, web-slinging across the city. Now, for the parental review. There are positive messages and role models. Peter is a courageous young man and tries to protect citizens at all costs. However, the bully, Flash, bullies many people and beats Peter up. There is strong violence in the movie, attacking, fighting, violence, bullying, and harshness. I jumped about 5 times in the movie, mostly because of the sudden spinning of webs and gunshots. But, be warned, there is a HUGE JUMP SCENE (I'm going to caps lock it to make sure everybody knows what it is): WHEN GWEN IS HIDING IN THE DARK BEHIND AN OBJECT, THERE IS SILENCE FOR A FEW SECONDS AND THEN THE LIZARD SUDDENLY POPS OUT AND SCREAMS, ACCOMPANIED BY SUDDEN AND FRIGHTENING MUSIC. I jumped so hard in that scene, everybody looked at me. For sexual content, there are a lot of long kisses between Peter and Gwen and other couples. Also, Peter also accidentally rips a woman's shirt off, revealing her in her bra. In the language department, there is a use of a*s and Peter uses mf word, but the f part of it, he creates a new word and says huher or something like that, so don't worry about that too much. As some people know, Sony supports this movie and once, there is two people watching a video, holding a Sony tablet. Also there are search engines shown, such as Google. This film is a part of the Marvel Universe, promoting Marvel movies. That's what the film has in terms of bad stuff. Overall, I say go watch this movie right now. You'll enjoy this thrilling movie that you'll never forget.
Parent Written byjhartsock81 July 3, 2012

Sneak Preview Well worth it

I saw this last night with a friend of mine who is a critic. This Spider-Man puts previous ones to shame. Better acting from less known stars. Action scenes were intense but not over the top. And well worth seeing in 3D as well. As for content, there was very little language that I picked up on. "Peter Parker" does have a high school relationship. Several kissing scenes. And a scene where a woman's shirt is ripped off by Peter on accident. She is shown in a bra. But over all I'd say on for your teens and older. Who can handle a high relationship, violence, and death.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2012

The best spider man ever and 3-D is the best !!!!!!!!!!

The amazing spiderman is good, awesome and fun comic book movie for little kids. I saw this movie in 3-D and it was the best 3-D since the avengers. Go see this movie with your kids in 3-D and it is so awesome that im going to buy this title on blu ray when it comes out on DVD
Parent of a 10, 15, and 16 year old Written bymwestjohnson July 6, 2012

Not Your Average Peter

What was disappointing in this reboot to me, is that Peter Parker is portrayed as a more selfish, bratty, emotional teenager than before. His tantrums and lack of respect for his Aunt May and Uncle Ben had me stupeified. I will stick to the Sam Raimi versions, or the cartoons, for my Spiderman fix. I must say, my kids aged 10, 15 and 16 really enjoyed it. I would not want this Peter Parker as their role model though!
Parent of a 5, 8, and 11 year old Written bytwoandtwo July 10, 2012

Subtle but Troubling

My boys are superhero nuts, so they were very excited to go see this movie, as were their parents! The story was good-I enjoyed it even though I am very much a fan of the earlier movies with Toby Maguire. What bothered me were the role models that were portrayed in the two main characters-Peter and Gwen. Just a warning that Gwen's skirts are VERY short and Peter does not have integrity and self-sacrifice as his main focus by the end of the movie. (Spoiler Alert) He makes a promise to Gwen's dying father that he will not continue to pursue her because it would put her in danger, and then after he dies Peter makes a smirky comment about making promises he can't keep, leading to the assumption that he will indeed break his promise. This may have flown past my radar if I weren't there with my boys, but trying to raise kids to understand honor and self-sacrifice tends to make moms on alert for stuff like this. It was disappointing because so many kids will look to this character as a role model, and up until that point in the movie he was very likable.

Definetly not dissapointing.

First of all, CSM pretty much has this movie nailed when it comes to what parents/anyone should know about this movie's violence, sex, language, etc. So, all I need to really talk about is how good the movie was. When I came to the theater earlier this night, I was really excited to see this movie, and I wouldn't say it disappointed me. It had good acting, good CGI, good action sequences, decent enough pacing, and awesome makeup/ costume design/ general style. The movie isn't flawless, but it works (I might be judging it a bit too harshly, as I was prepared for a mind blowing spectacle. If I feel differently the second time I watch it, I might post an edit on my review) well enough. Some scenes I personally thought were a tad unnecessary, and in the end (as I said before) the pacing was a bit strange, but all in all, I'm certainly glad I saw it. FINAL VERDICT *final at least for now*: The movie is a bit flawed, but it works out for the most part, kind of like the old Spiderman movies (of course the actual movie is nothing like the originals, without a couple of moments that remind you of the movie that came out only 12 years ago). If anything, it's certainly worth seeing and I would be happy to see an (inevitable) sequel.
Adult Written bypepsifan32532 July 14, 2012

17+

Killings are brutal in this movie.
Adult Written bychristian2011 July 8, 2012

Great Movie.

The Amazing Spiderman movie was more than I anticipated when I first saw the preview for it a while ago. The story, acting, special effects and the new actor who plays as Peter Parker is brilliant. It'sdefinitely better than the previous three spiderman movies with Toby McGuire. It is a definite summer movie to see, probably the best out of them all.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2012

the amazing spider man

the movie was the bomb! garfield done better then the other guy well in my opinion stan lee cameo super funny tiny bit of bad words but nothing to bad hope i helped

The Amazing Spider-Man: Worth It! FULL REVIEW

Age-wise, this movie displays positive role models and messages. Peter's character tells you that there is a hero inside all of us, and everyone knows that even the Spider-Man comic books tell you that "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility." There's some epic violence that I wouldn't worry too much about, and there are some swear-words here and there, but I think just about any Spidey fan can see this. THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN was a movie that I had been waiting for since I was seven years old. It is a completely different movie than any of the old ones. Andrew and Emma were amazing when it came to acting, but Peter's character more than Gwen's. Marc Webb should really consider returning for a sequel to "try again" and make a movie that deserves an 11/10. I liked how while the spider-powers didn't kick in too soon, an interesting plot involving Peter's parents did. The movie did a good job getting you interested on one thing, and then, BOOM, another plot point changes everything. It was really put together nicely. The movie contained some HILARIOUS scenes, really depressing scenes, and amazing scenes, and they were all balanced out perfectly, except for near the end, where a funny scene is placed just to lighten up the mood, even though it's after a really depressing scene. The big villain, The Lizard, will be hard to beat in upcoming superhero movies. He was a true threat to New York and had a reason to do what he was doing other than "I want to kill Spider-Man" or "I'm just crazy like that." Not only was the villain's character awesome, but the animation made him look real and scary. You can compare him to Venom and Sand-Man and see how much better he looks. All in all, I give The Amazing Spider-Man an 8.5/9 out of 10. It truly deserves it's title of "amazing." There were scenes where I had to hold my breath or somewhat stop watching because of everything that was going on. If you are someone who doesn't really like the super-hero genre, then you are going to LOVE what Marc and Andrew have in store for you. If you're a comic book geek (which I don't think we have many of anymore) you are going to love how this compares to the comics and other superhero movies. It was truly worth it, and I hope to see it again soon
Teen, 14 years old Written byThorthegodofthunder July 3, 2012

Great Movie

This movie was fantastic. Andrew Garfield nailed Peter Parker. It was a great movie.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" is definitely amazing

This movie deserves its title: it really is amazing. It will make you laugh, cry, and hold your breath while hoping Spider-Man will make it. Andrew Garfield was superb, as he played the role perfectly. Although his character isn't the best role model at times, in the end he is brave, funny, and a good guy. The visual effects were great and highly believable. It's a great story, great screenplay, and all the actors are great. It's also not very scary, gory, and it doesn't have much swearing, so it is fine for any kids who are allowed to see PG-13 movies. Overall, it was an excellent movie and I would see it again many times.

The Amazing Spider-Man

This was VERY good. Garfield did better than Tobey Maguire. There was superhero violence, including mutilation, fight scenes, stabbing,death, and more. There was a scene of sensuality and there was some flirting. And some mild language. But except for the emotional intensity, this was fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 July 13, 2012

One of the Best Super-Hero Movies that I've Seen

The Amazing Spiderman was, well... amazing. The only thing that I would caution parents about is the violence which doesn't get too bad until near the end. We see Peter Parker with many cuts and bruises throughout the film, but when the police open fire on our reptilian villain that's where the film received its PG-13 rating. There are two parts you could divide this movie into. 1) Peter Parker's transformation into Spiderman. 2) Spiderman's battle with the transformed-into-a-reptile Dr. Curt Connors. Peter Parker's emotional childhood leading up to becoming Spiderman is clearly laid out for us. It's the same back-story that it has always been: Peter is left to live with his aunt and uncle with his uncle's murder ultimately leading Peter to become Spiderman. I really enjoyed Andrew Garfield's acting as Peter Parker/Spiderman, but I think that the dramatic, suspenseful, and comedic scenes written into the movie are what really made it enjoyable. The Amazing Spiderman is a very good Spiderman movie, and definitely one of the best super-hero movies I've seen.
Parent Written byJoyC July 5, 2012

Great Reboot

I didn't think the recent series needed a reboot, but this was very good. No language to speak of, no sex, just some violence with a large man-lizard. Intense for small kids, but anyone over 8 should be very entertained.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 5, 2012

Very Good superhero movie

This is a very good movie. The action is frequent, mainly in the second half. Some intense images. Should be fine for older kids/ pre-teens, but know your child.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2012

AMAZZING.

I am amazed to this movie, I really like it can be 10 and up. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written byTV man 13245768 October 18, 2015

A NEW SERIES OF SPIDERMAN. AMAZING!

I really liked the Spiderman series, but this movie was even better. The action was amazing and so was the acting. Peter Parker's uncle does die in the movie and it is a really sad moment. There are cars that are being thrown off a bridge but Spiderman saves some of them. There is a lizard that tries to kill everybody. He does kill some people. The lizard does kill Gwen's dad and it is a bit gory. You see some blood in most death's including the one with Gwen's dad. They also have a funeral for Gwen's dad and your children might be a little sad about that part. There is some flirting and kissing in this movie but no sex. People say the words damn, ass and stupid so you can obviously tell that the language is not strong. There is also no drinking, drugs or smoking so you do not need to worry about that if your kid asks you if they can see it. I would see that tweens and up should be able to handle everything in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPongo030609 August 23, 2015

Great film, but with some moments that may freak younger children.

I absolutely love this film. It's really good. However, parents deciding whether or not to let there children watch this film, should know that it may frighten children under 11. It contains scenes where the scary looking giant lizard creature strangles our hero with his powerful tail. In these scenes, spiderman's face goes all red and scratchy, and it looks really painful. The violence in this is moderate, and kids 11+ should be able to handle it. The language is only minor, and suitable for kids 11+.