All member reviews for The Ant Bully

Cute animated movie with a message for kids.

Adult Written bynglore April 9, 2008

Least of all Insect Movies

My first impression of the ants left me wishing the ant bully would have been victorious in his mission. The best part of the movie was the Grandma (the deleted scenes actually gave me more entertainment then the movie itself). I just could not get "into" this movie. The moral lesson was fair, and the ideas seemed fresh but the movie was dull throughout (it was no "Bugs Life"). My rating for this movie would have to be 1.7 stars.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

comedy animaition

funny and some sex
Adult Written bytavosmom April 9, 2008

Child is verbally abused by an adult in this film!

There is no mention anywhere else in the review or parent comments of the scene where the exterminator character verablly abuses the child character, Lucas. In the scene, Lucas' parents are not home, and the exterminator tries to coerce Lucas (who must be about 7 or 8) into signing a contract to fumigate their front yard. Lucas says no, explains that his parents didn't tell him anything about it, and tells the man that he shouldn't sign it. The adult exterminator then mocks Lucas in a demeaning sing-songy voice saying, "You can't make a decision for yourself! You're just a little baby! I bet your mommy has to wipe your bottom!" And then he turns around and uses his hands to spread his butt cheeks. Lucas is visibly upset and signs the contract to prove that he is "grown up." The coercion and verbal abuse by the adult in this film is atrocious. My son (4 years) was confused and upset by this scene, which I used as a teaching moment to explain that not all adults are safe for children. The continuous stream of name calling and use of the word "stupid" and "jerk" contributes to my dislike of this movie. The professional review does not mention this. I could not find any other parent reviews that comment on this scene. Please consider this carefully before allowing your precious child to watch this movie. I could have gone without exposing my child to the cruelty in "The Ant Bully" if I had known about this scene. Now you can make a more informed decision for your family. Thank you. Emily S. Hillsboro, OR
Kid, 9 years old May 24, 2010

THE TRUTH

I LOVE THIS MOVIE...KIDS WILL LOVE IT,LOVE IT,LOVE IT. EXCELLENT MOVIE
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2011

Not for little kids but awesome movie anyway!

I loved this movie! Good Role models, themes in this movie would mostly include friendship because Lucas Becomes friends with the ants but in the middle, The Word "Crap" was used and mild uses of "butt" and "stupid".
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bysara4ever95 April 18, 2009

Adult Written byjaiekeller April 9, 2008

IS there such a rating as PG +

The crude humor, nakedness (even if it is a cartoon), and disgusting body part references or scenes were too grotesque and a bit risque for our kids (or what we wanted them exposed to throughout the entire movie). Hello, going up a man's leg, heading for the 'sensitive' spot, talking to lice and flakey skin on the head, hanging off nose hairs, aiming for a butt crack...Hated it. Bought it because the message and plot sounded good and returned it soon after viewing the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJandJ April 9, 2008

Absulutly loved the movie, even for my age

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew October 26, 2014

Cute animated movie for the whole family but too crass for kids under 6

My rating:PG for rude humor and mild action
Parent Written byNateMorey December 25, 2013

One of my favorites.

I absolutely loved this movie! The ending is a bit over the top as far as ditching reality to be happy but hey, it's a kids movie after all. Great moral lessons and something I think a lot of today's kids don't have, a lesson on thinking about OTHERS! great character development and the voice acting is one of the best I have experienced! I would highly recommend this movie. I see it compared to "Ants" and "A Bugs Life" due to it involving ants but it is (other then the message of working together) a completely different movie. other then my initial thought at seeing the cover of the film, I did not once think of those other, very different movies. this film was unique in it's approach on modern day issues.
Parent Written byRun boy run. September 9, 2012

I HATE THIS MOVIE, PARENTS DON'T EVER LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS!

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe real thing September 9, 2012

Abysmal, I hate this movie so much.

Why?
Teen, 16 years old Written byPart IV September 9, 2012

Horrible, why would a prent let there kid watch this.

A decapitated fly head is shown pulled out of water in grotesqe detail, why the f--- would you put that in a kid movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II September 9, 2012

Terrible, dont waste your time.

The main problem with this movie is you just don't care about the main charecters, no matter how hard you try you can't. Another is just how awfull it tells its story, kids now days can do much better than this. Parents instead of showing your kids terrible worthless movies like this show them something good, like finding nemo, or up, those are great but no you let them watch this crap?
Teen, 14 years old Written byPART III September 9, 2012

Dreadful, no age should waste there time.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. September 9, 2012

Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2011

Strange movie will entertain most boys and some girls.

The movie was not TERRIBLE, but it was not AWESOME either. Some things to focus on: There is some fighting and a big battle sequence at the end against The Exterminator. The Exterminator smokes a cigar. Some insults are also put into this movie. Things like "stupid" and "pucas". The sexual stuff was...um...disturbing? In a couple of scenes Lucas is naked. You do not see him nude though. You can only see his butt. Having said all that, I conclude that this movie is for viewers ages 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOrcaheart7 December 16, 2010

The reason why I put drinking was a problem because whoever wanted to make this movie must have been on drugs.