All member reviews for The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Pitt stars in beautiful -- but brutal -- Western.

Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2012

Entertaining with History

This movie is pretty good, it is entertaining and shows some history. The violence in this movie is not very bad, though a bit bloody. There are refrences to sex, but they are most all spoken in slang. I do think this movie is worth seeing for older childern or teens and up.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski December 12, 2012

Long and slow-moving, but worth it in the end

This movie is long and slow moving, but in the end it turns out to be quite powerful. Those who have the patience to ride it out, will be rewarded for their efforts. This is not your typical action based, shoot out filled western. "The Assassination of Jesse James" is really a psychological drama that just happens to be set in the old west. Most teens probably won't have the patience for this film, and the brutal violence and sexual references should keep away most kids under 15.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMangareader101 August 9, 2011

Expect a close to life western.

amazing western. Let me repeat. WESTERN. Western times, had vilonce, as of like today. I liked this movie because it didnt suger coat anything. Strongly reccomend.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 23, 2011

the assassination of jesse james by the coward pobert ford

this movie is so good even though there is some violence and some language i think this movie is 14+
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 18, 2010

Really well acted and shot

After westerns practically became extinct during the late 90's, it's always nice to see a modern one, like "No Country for Old Men" and now "Assassination" can join the lot. The 1st reason to see it is Pitt's but mostly Affleck's Oscar-nominated performance(s), respectively as an insane yet wise world-renowned criminal and the other a timid, bitter nobody looking at his shot for fame. Just by the incredibly long title the audience knows what's going to happen, but the journey there is spectacular and tense.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleagent22 April 9, 2008
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

This is a crazy good western!!! I'm getting the book on thursday, the 29th.

I love this movie. After I saw it, I got very interested in Jesse James' life. Although, the title gives away half of the plot. I want the makers of this movie to change the title!!!!!!!!! After seeing the title, you probably know what this movie is going to be about. Really gory in some scenes, but overall a great movie for 10+ (even though I'm 9)