All member reviews for The Avengers

Teen, 14 years old Written byThorthegodofthunder May 2, 2012

How AWESOME The Avengers is...

My favorite Marvel movie so far! Kudos to Joss Whedon who directed this film. I loved how every character got their moment to shine and that it wasn't focused on one character.Everything was just great 5/5
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2012

hii

if you have littel kids don't let them see most of the movie becouse all the parts are something eles
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn May 4, 2012

Excitiing but slightly flat comic-book ensemble has heavy violence

Joss Whedon's hotly anticipates comic-book superhero movie, which has been nearly ten years in the making, is finally here...and it's a little dull. The Avengers was written by Whedon, as well, and it shows in the clear cut dialog and frenetic action sequences, but what is slightly missing here is the overall sense of accomplishment. Sure, all of the avengers are here, there all together and there fighting as one, which is just awesome to watch, but it just never really feels like it wants to make it more special, so for that, The Avengers unfortunately comes off as routine and slightly dull, considering the fact that the movie runs at a bloated 142 minutes, and it is mostly compiled with extended action scenes, fights and battles, including one still very impressive one that essentially let's us watch all of the avengers work together to stop an alien invasion taking place in downtown Las Angeles in the middle of the day, and, it is as ridiculous as it is awesome to watch, and for that, The avengers still get's more than half of the price of admission from each and every viewer. So, like expected, the film is obviously Rated PG-13, and the content is pretty much just about as follows: There is frequent sequences of violence and action, with lot's and lot's of explosions, battles, one-on-one fights and even some full-scale rampaging through city streets; add to that some implied torture and a very disturbing but brief scene where a innocent characters eyes are ripped out of his sockets (but, still mostly off-screen), and you can obviously tell that this is one of the slightly more toothy superhero movies. Also, there is a brief drug reference that is done for humor. And, finally, there is frequent but mild language, including many uses each of b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, a--, sh-t and b-st-rd. So, as slightly disappointing as The Avengers is, every comic fan is going to want to check this movie out, regardless of anyone else's opinion on it, and, honestly, I think that it is still definitely worth checking out. Just don't expect a masterpiece.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybioniclecomeback56 May 5, 2012

watch it!!!

Best marvel movie ever, only a little bit of swearing near the end of the movie good in 3-D as long as your eyes are not sensesitive.
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2012

The Avengers

The Avengers Is A good movie. The first half just keeps you waiting and the second half is filled with action,what you should watch the movie for. Overall The Avengers is a really good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJim Henderson May 4, 2012

This movie was awesome.

This movie is great, there is some cussing, and a little bit of blood and gore when they kill aliens, but no body parts strewn about, the fighting may be a little intense for the younger kids though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 May 4, 2012

Will not disappoint you

It was really good. I'd have like to see more character interaction, though. But the actors were good and overall the film was enjoyable. It was also nice that while Loki was the main villian, Thor wasn't the central character. There's also humor scattered around, and almost all of it had me laughing out loud (stay after the credits; there are two scenes and the last one is hilarious). Good role models (the Avengers have their differences, but they learn to work together and save the world). Violence: Lots of violence, but typical for a superhero movie. Guns, hand-on-hand combat, explosions, etc. Some deaths (one may be upsetting for some). Sex: Black Widow's outfit is skimpy, but that's about it. Language: Mild. "H-ll", "d-m"
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2012

Pure awesomeness!!! :)

Good for kids who love action hulk and other amusing stuff this movie is good enough to keep you entertained best bathroom break is when loki is on the helicarrier...
Teen, 13 years old Written bythebeastly May 6, 2012

it was a good movie i loved it

Kid, 11 years old May 4, 2012

The Avengers

This was very good. It made up for the not so good Avengers movies (Thor, Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk). This had tons of explosive action. And a ton of it. Some flirting and cussing. Tony offers Loki a drink, and Tony mentions a joint. Overall, this was really good, but a little iffy. In terms of content, not as bad as the "Iron Man" series but worse than the others.
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

I loved it!!

This is probablly for tweens but the fights go on for a long time and are very intense and in one scene a character is stabbed in the back.There is some mild languge and crude humour.But there are some positive role models and its the best Marvel film I have seen.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRosebud95 May 4, 2012

Cool

I liked it. It was funnier than I expected. The only thing is that I wish there was more character interaction. Overall though, it's cool.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdog97 May 5, 2012

In my opinion, best superhero movie ever.

I'm sorry, I love The Dark Knight, with all my heart, and it is an excellent film. You walk out of that movie saying "Holy cow, that was awesome!" But you walk out of The Avengers grinning ear to ear. The Dark Knight is a great film all around; acting, plot, all that good jazz. But The Avengers is a strict superhero, movie, about superheros. Director/writer Joss Whedon does a nice job with the movie as well. Normal directors and there crew sit around a table writing the film and say: "You know what would be funny, if we made the Hulk do bla bla" "That would be great, but we can't do that" Joss Whedon is the guy who says: "Why not" I give it a solid 8.5 out of 10, and say it is the best superhero movie ever.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2012

Avengers the best

good for family................. best movie i have ever seen .....................
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2012

This is the best superhero movie since ironman

I loved the avengers because it has a good story, good characters and good 3D. See this movie if you seen superhero movies like Ironman or Captain America you'll love the avengers. It is so good that I'll buy it on blu ray when it first comes out in stores
Teen, 16 years old Written bytripp106 May 4, 2012

EPIC

This movie is seriously epic!! I went to the midnight premiere and it was seriously worth staying up that late for! I say epic but it is really the only word that can describe how awesome it is! But there is some language and a good amount of violence, but that should be expected from all of the movies that have been leading up to it! Teens will love it, but know your kids for anything younger!
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

Hey parents! Kids will love this!!!

this is the best marvel movie ever! A great battle-war! Just like kids love! Kids, especially who read the avengers comic, would beg you to see it. Watch out for some adult humor that could be violence of inappropriate stuff for kids lees than 12 years old. But i think it should be from 12 and up and on pause for kids 10, 11!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazeJW May 4, 2012

Loved this movie.

I went to the premier so I already saw it. Loved it! Very violent. Better then I thought it would be.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeme103 May 5, 2012

Awesome!!!!!

Every preteen and teen should see this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrugbyrules May 14, 2012

Awesome and clean too!

Awesome movie. I love Robert Downey Jr. Its was funny, entertaining, and adventure filled. You have to have seen the super hero movies to understand some of it though. A little violent, hardly any cussing, no sexuality. Shouldnt have been rated PG-13. It should be PG Awesome