All member reviews for The Avengers

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 22, 2014

The Avengers movie review

It took Marvel Studios four years to prepare for this movie. If The Avengers failed, the five movie build up would have been for nothing and Marvel Studios was done for. Very fortunately, this movie was awesome. The Avengers is a fast paced movie that was so much fun to watch. I don't think I have ever had a better experience in the theater. What the movie did well was how they portrayed the characters. They showed each of the Avengers' strength and personality very well. Tom Hiddleston as Loki was brilliant. Loki was such a smart and despicable guy. He was a big part of the movie. The Avengers revolves around the theme of teamwork. I liked how it showed the characters arguing at first, but eventually getting a grip and working together to fight Loki. The characters are the best part of the movie. They make the movie so much more interesting. The Avengers was magnificent. It brought six superheroes together so well and the acting was out of the park. The action was phenomenal. The last act of the movie was kind of like Transformers: Dark of the Moon, but yet it was much better than Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Joss Whedon was the perfect choice for director of The Avengers. He injected comic relief very well. I laughed my head out many times during The Avengers. The only minor problem I had with the movie was that it could have had more complexity, but that doesn't take away from making The Avengers an A+ film. I have no idea why you wouldn't want to watch this movie. It is a fun blockbuster movie with so many good characters and action. I would say that The Avengers is to date my favorite Marvel superhero movie and one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time. In fact, it was my favorite movie of 2012 until The Dark Knight Rises came out. That doesn't take away from this movie being spectacular.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2014

great marvel movie

watch this movie! it's so good
Teen, 15 years old Written byLiaAndStitch August 10, 2014

I watched this movie in theaters with my five year old brother, my seven year old sister, and my thirteen year old sister. It was a really fun movie to watch together and my seven year old sister was giggling a lot during the funnier parts of the movie and was able to follow along pretty well. My five year old brother was scared during the movie but once the lights came on and he remembered it was all pretend he liked it but not as much as all of us.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystevo2000 August 2, 2014

A great action flick for everybody, especially marvel fans

I saw this in the theaters, and I personally loved this movie. It has lots of action and a very good plot. I think its pg-13 rating is good for this movie, because it is very violent. There is no sex, but there are some curses and other bad language, but not too much to worry about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

Nice action flick

Over the years, Marvel has been making and selling a lot of superhero movies. Some are worse for kids then others (iron man) and others are fine for younger kids (cap America). This one falls about right in the middle. The violence is not over the top, but their are some violent kills and battle scenes ( When Loki stabs the man's eye) and shooting scenes. As far as sexual stuff goes, their is a scene where Dr. Banner aka the hulk, finds himself naked after transforming into the hulk and then back into his normal human form, but no nudity is shown. And Scarlett Johansson's character does wear tight clothing the shapes her breasts but besides that and a mild scene with iron man, their isn't really anything. The language in this movie is not extreemely bad, but their is a lot of it. Besides that, the movie is good but probably shouldn't be watched by smaller elementary school kids unless they are super mature and can handle violence. Remember, kids pick up things at school, on tv and even in movies and you don't want them repeating the language in this movie. 12+
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2014

some swearing but a very good story line

some swearing but a funny story line and all the best people
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth June 30, 2014

The avengers is a cinematic masterpiece

the avengers is one of the most famous comic book films. It is a billion dollar film and is the highest grossing films of 2012. It is the worlds first superhero crossover film. There is a lot of violence in the film and a big amount of tension between the avengers. A main character is killed(resurrected in a spin-off series) and an avenger has a close call to death. Captain america,iron man,hulk,Thor, Hawkeye and the black widow make a perfect team.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 22, 2014

Good film but Hulk scenes are scary for younger kids.

Back in May 3, 2012, my parents took me to see that film, and I don't like the Hulk scenes. Overally, I like that film. Check the Violence and Consumerism symbols. The best film for anyone aged 12 or older.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobby Berger June 9, 2014

Awesome, action-packed movie, but language issues

Although a great movie all around, The Avengers is a great movie about team-building and other great morals. I talk about it on my website: www.infosaurus.info
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2014

The Avengers Kid Review

As a self professed Marvel nerd, this movie may just be one of my favorites. Violence is there, but it didn't notice a whole lot of blood. One important character is killed (I don't think he's actually dead, but that's the Marvel nerd in me). The members of The Avengers are different, but ultimately work well together. Swearing is there, but not terrible. Black Widow is constantly in this tight jumpsuit thing, and there's a point where Bruce Banner (The Hulk) is naked, but we don't see much and it's in no way suggestive. Overall, The Avengers was great.
Kid, 10 years old May 24, 2014

Cool Superhero Movie Is Ok.

Has not very violent scenes, some drinking, one gross bit of eyeball removing, no smoochy stuff, not really any super good role models or messages, and some drinking+ a little strong language
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2014

Maybe the best movie yet including the Marvel team is finally here.

The movie is of course violent. There is some blood but no gore. There is some language including "bitch" and "ass" but nothing a kid aged 8 or up has never heard. There is no sexy content. The movie has great role models especially Iron Man in the end. And how would you rate this movie, MovieKid? The best!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter April 13, 2014

Some cursing, But action packed

You can be zero and watch this movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byBunnyNostrils April 7, 2014

Slightly Above Average Superhero Movie

Violence: 6/10 Language: 3/10 Sex: 1/10 Disturbing: 1/10 Can be occasionally brutal
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 2, 2014

Avengers Assemble!

I was so excited when this movie was coming out! Watched it ASAP. This is my favorite movie! Good messages and role models. It obviously has violence cause you can't destroy an army of aliens with kittens and flowers. Brief language, nothing strong. Obviously has consumerism due to being a bunch of superheroes that are in various movies, TV, comics & video games. Best superhero movie so far! Can't wait to see Avengers: Age Of Ultron in 2015!
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2014

A classic in my book.

An unstoppable force of awesomeness! All hail the new king. They balanced everything masterfully, as good as it gets. A comic book trump. The Avengers assembled flawlessly.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybob42 March 11, 2014

Super Battle

Teen, 16 years old Written byavengersmaster February 22, 2014

Avenging Awesomeness

Avengers is one of the best 2013 movies and I think it should be a teen rite of passage. There are many sequences of fighting, but with the right age audience, it is the perfect movie for a teen and his friends to watch. I am looking forward to what ever Marvel has for us next.
Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2014

13???? YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!

This movie could be used for 9 year olds even if... its for 9 yr olds okk??? this website has some of the worst age ratings in my life. And i dont reccomend this garbage to ANYONE because it hardly has any action in it. Most of them just shows em talking like crud. Iron Man even jokes about peoples live getting killed. Honestly, WORSE, MOVIE, EVER.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014