All member reviews for The Avengers

Teen, 14 years old Written byThorthegodofthunder May 2, 2012

How AWESOME The Avengers is...

My favorite Marvel movie so far! Kudos to Joss Whedon who directed this film. I loved how every character got their moment to shine and that it wasn't focused on one character.Everything was just great 5/5
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews July 1, 2012

Marvel's The Avengers

Really good but not perfect comic book movie is no Dark Knight but still good
Kid, 12 years old December 20, 2012

Fun & Fantastic

The Avengers - This movie went through fast, even though it's almost two and a half hours. The violence, isn't really that bad. It is fast-paced, but the worst thing that I can remember is Loki using some instrument to pluck someone's eyeball out (not shown). While that may be too much for a few kids, it is a very short scene and doesn't show any of it. This is a fantastic movie that I think anyone 11+ could see, and while the violence continues, there are plenty of funny/stress relieving moments in it, and I believe your kid will enjoy it, if you let him enjoy it. The worst language is d-mn, h-ll, and a-s. While the movie does have somewhat of a slow beginning, it picks up, and you find yourself enjoying yourself more and more.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrugbyrules May 14, 2012

Awesome and clean too!

Awesome movie. I love Robert Downey Jr. Its was funny, entertaining, and adventure filled. You have to have seen the super hero movies to understand some of it though. A little violent, hardly any cussing, no sexuality. Shouldnt have been rated PG-13. It should be PG Awesome
Kid, 11 years old May 5, 2012

Hey parents! Kids will love this!!!

this is the best marvel movie ever! A great battle-war! Just like kids love! Kids, especially who read the avengers comic, would beg you to see it. Watch out for some adult humor that could be violence of inappropriate stuff for kids lees than 12 years old. But i think it should be from 12 and up and on pause for kids 10, 11!
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

THE AVENGERS

Great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycookiechikki November 16, 2012

Action and Quotes for the Win!

This film got me hooked on everything Marvel. The whole way through it shows a variety of teamwork skills, but mostly consists of constant action that will have you on edge the entire time. For me, a good movie must consist of many funny quotes and this movie is chock full of them. my favorite is, without question: "There is only one God ma'am, and he certainly doesn't dress like that." - Captain America.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

The Avengers

it is one of the best movies ever just A LOT of violence and languege
Teen, 16 years old Written bysky65z May 29, 2012

THE BEST SUPERHERO MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!

First i will say that this is the best superhero movie ever. Yes i have seen dark knight. This is also one of the best movies ever. If they are at least 10 years old stop reading and go see this movie now. If they are younger or you are not sure about content keep reading. Teamwork is a very large message here. The avengers argue alot but they realize they have to put aside their problems to save mankind. Same thing with role models although i wouldn't consider iron man a role model. The avengers are good guys even if they use violence. They don't have a choice. Laanguage is very mild for a pg-13. The cursing is at pg level. Violence is not rough till the last half hour. The final battle is rough. Nothing else bad. This is going to be the best movie of the summer. Please go see this. It is a good clean movie that should not be missed with great action and alot of humor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdog97 May 5, 2012

In my opinion, best superhero movie ever.

I'm sorry, I love The Dark Knight, with all my heart, and it is an excellent film. You walk out of that movie saying "Holy cow, that was awesome!" But you walk out of The Avengers grinning ear to ear. The Dark Knight is a great film all around; acting, plot, all that good jazz. But The Avengers is a strict superhero, movie, about superheros. Director/writer Joss Whedon does a nice job with the movie as well. Normal directors and there crew sit around a table writing the film and say: "You know what would be funny, if we made the Hulk do bla bla" "That would be great, but we can't do that" Joss Whedon is the guy who says: "Why not" I give it a solid 8.5 out of 10, and say it is the best superhero movie ever.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazeJW May 4, 2012

Loved this movie.

I went to the premier so I already saw it. Loved it! Very violent. Better then I thought it would be.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 14, 2015

I loved this movie

I could literally watch this over and over and over again because it's so freaking entertaining
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 19, 2013

Best superhero movie ever!!!!!!

This is a combonation of action/adventure and comedy. My favorite funny scene: "You did scare the hell out of some pidgeons, though. When you fell, you were all big and green and buck-ass nude" (scene when Bruce Banner was naked). I even posted a parody of this movie to YouTube titled "The Avengers' Thanksgiving". I think this knock out of the park will amuse kids of any age who LOVE superhero movies.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2012

the most epic moive in history!!!!!!!!!

i think it is a great movie i loved it!!!!!!!!! it has some parts you may not want younger kids like a age 6 to see. it is a great family experience and will teach kids to read about the avengers it will also give them great imaginations. i am a 10 year old my self and i truley loved it the begineng was a little slow but it got really fun!!!!!!!!!! i would really recomened this and have a good time watching it thx for reading!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

Great! Summer Must See!

My family and I enjoyed the movie (enough to see it 3 times!) My 8 year old sister enjoyed it. There was minor language and some violence. We mostly enjoyed it because it appealed to people who aren't comic people because of the comedy! It shows how at first there are conflicts with so many different personalities (and egos) trying to work together.
Kid, 10 years old June 25, 2012

awesome

this is crazy awesome
Kid, 12 years old May 27, 2012

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie was the bomb! i love it because its very humorous and very motivational! Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, etc. are fabulous actors in including Tom Hiddleston :) if you didn't watch it, watch it now. Its a #1 box office choice XD
Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2012

One of the best movies...EVER!!!

I must say I'm impressed it was amazing! :O I luv this movie and it was completely action none of the love romance going between any of them. The effects are great and the script is awesome! One of the best movies ever so see it...see it...and see it again!
Teen, 16 years old Written bytripp106 May 4, 2012

EPIC

This movie is seriously epic!! I went to the midnight premiere and it was seriously worth staying up that late for! I say epic but it is really the only word that can describe how awesome it is! But there is some language and a good amount of violence, but that should be expected from all of the movies that have been leading up to it! Teens will love it, but know your kids for anything younger!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn May 4, 2012

Excitiing but slightly flat comic-book ensemble has heavy violence

Joss Whedon's hotly anticipates comic-book superhero movie, which has been nearly ten years in the making, is finally here...and it's a little dull. The Avengers was written by Whedon, as well, and it shows in the clear cut dialog and frenetic action sequences, but what is slightly missing here is the overall sense of accomplishment. Sure, all of the avengers are here, there all together and there fighting as one, which is just awesome to watch, but it just never really feels like it wants to make it more special, so for that, The Avengers unfortunately comes off as routine and slightly dull, considering the fact that the movie runs at a bloated 142 minutes, and it is mostly compiled with extended action scenes, fights and battles, including one still very impressive one that essentially let's us watch all of the avengers work together to stop an alien invasion taking place in downtown Las Angeles in the middle of the day, and, it is as ridiculous as it is awesome to watch, and for that, The avengers still get's more than half of the price of admission from each and every viewer. So, like expected, the film is obviously Rated PG-13, and the content is pretty much just about as follows: There is frequent sequences of violence and action, with lot's and lot's of explosions, battles, one-on-one fights and even some full-scale rampaging through city streets; add to that some implied torture and a very disturbing but brief scene where a innocent characters eyes are ripped out of his sockets (but, still mostly off-screen), and you can obviously tell that this is one of the slightly more toothy superhero movies. Also, there is a brief drug reference that is done for humor. And, finally, there is frequent but mild language, including many uses each of b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, a--, sh-t and b-st-rd. So, as slightly disappointing as The Avengers is, every comic fan is going to want to check this movie out, regardless of anyone else's opinion on it, and, honestly, I think that it is still definitely worth checking out. Just don't expect a masterpiece.