All member reviews for The Blair Witch Project

'90s horror movie isn't gory but is still terrifying.

Teen, 13 years old Written byultra.kill4 June 12, 2010

Scary

okay, i havent actually seen the movie yet, but I'll tell you this. My dad is a tough guy. He went to see this movie in theaters, went out for a run the next morning, and came home early because he was so scared. If you want to be scaered, see this movie. ALTHOUGH, its the kind of movie thats only scray when you fell like your actually there. As I said before my dad saw it in theaters. If you plan to scare yourself, i reccomend you make a rule for your self that you watch in pitch black, with no brakes on a HUGE TV.
Kid, 9 years old December 21, 2010

watched it at 2am

jwilliams303 is wrong! it is real at the start it said this is a true story
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilyB123 October 1, 2010
lots of repeated uses of the f word and the s word. Being in the woods in the dark unprotected and hearing one of your friends scream like they're being tortured aren't the best scenes for kids to watch. There is also a brief disturbing image at the end of the movie. I have to say, the way the movie ended kind of disturbed me too...but overall pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Overrated

NO VIOLENCE!!!! There are just a couple "scary" noises that make 17 year old's wet their pants! Other than the 2 cuss words every minute rule, there is no reason your baby can't see it without crying
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 10, 2010

Vulgar, scary, and mostly dull

Despite the creepy, intense ending, this was a pretty unimpressive horror movie. If you want a good scare on hand-held camera, go with Quarantine. Parents: If you have a sensitive teen, they may be scared by this creepy but (in my ponion) dull horror movie. There's also nonstop strong, vulgar language. Bottom Line: No need to rush out and see this horror film. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeugenio January 1, 2016

Not scary to me.

every other word was a curse and it was not very good. BUT......the end was scary, that's the only scary part.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byThe Big E October 20, 2011

The Most Overhyped Movie of All Time

The only way ANYONE - and I mean ANYONE - would ever consider this movie scary is if they have spent their entire life in a concrete jungle and simply do not understand that in the woods, things go bump in the night. If you have ever been in the woods at night (I grew up there), and have heard a twig break, or an animal make some indecipherable noise (and if you have ever BEEN in the woods at night you WILL have heard these things), then you have already experienced first hand everything this film as to offer. That's all it is. A bunch of city kids who get scared in the woods at night by twigs breaking and owls hooting. I've seen episodes of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom that were scarier than this. That said, if your kid just HAS to see it, bear in mind there is a lot of cursing, which is why I listed it as only for kids 12 and under. If they're in public school, there's nothing here they haven't heard before.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxskittlesx August 22, 2011

Language spoils it

I thought this movie would be one of the scariest I ever saw, but it really wasn't. There's like 190 something f-words, ans language is awful; it almost ruins it. There's only one bloody scene, which lasts for about 30 seconds. Really, not that bad besides language.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

WOW (In a Bad Way)

This has definitely made it onto my worst list. You think that something would actually happen in a movie but no. When i say nothing happened, NOTHING HAPPENED. The whole time it was just 3 teens runnning around in the woods, lost even though you can see a house in the backround during one scene, screaming at each other. Nothing happens! Very disappointing.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Is this supposed to be scary??

I get scared at horror movies. The Ring scared me. Halloween scared me. This movie did NOT scare me. It was hard to even see what was going on. It was like a bad home movie without even a plot. The camera jerked so much I almost got motion sickness. I yawned most of my way through it. Blah!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 26, 2014

Scary? I think you have the wrong movie

This movie is so boring. All this swearing just leads up to a stupid ending. This is worse than the Paranormal Activity. They don't even show the blair witch, ghosts, or anyone in the woods. Don't know why people find it scary, it's just a waste of time. If you want a scary movie, this isn't it! If you don't mind language, I don't think this film would even scare a child...
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

How to get lost in the woods 101

If they had half a brain there would be no problems. They even crossed a fire road. A LOT of bad language
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie776 October 4, 2014

Okay movie with tons of swearing

language: constant use of the f-word (over 150 times), constant use of the s-word; (about 50 times), and a variety of different curse words kissing: absolutely nothing Violence: (SPOILER) towards the end, there is a bag of bloody body parts (one of the main characters) The Blair Witch Project is supposed to be one of the scariest movies of all time. It's not. If you love being scared, don't watch this. It doesn't get even close to scary until the last 3 minutes. The only gory part is (SPOILERS) when they get one of the main character's bloody parts wrapped in his shirt. Every 5 seconds they use the f-word, which got annoying after the first two minutes. Overall this movie was pretty good, but pretty disappointing. This would be a great starter movie, because the only reason it's rated R is because of the language, which every teenager has heard from friends.
Adult Written bycritic sense November 5, 2012

Recommended Rating: 14+ for frightening scenes and thematic elements

This horror film is filmed like a documentary, so the enhanced realism makes it even scarier. There are some jump scares and scenes that may be too frightening for younger viewers. There is almost no violence, but some scenes may be disturbing and the film maintains an intense atmosphere throughout. There is a lot of aggression and emotional tension.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrstar96 December 25, 2010

Warning: do not watch this film

I did not find it scary at all. When i rented the DVD I spent a bug chunk of time reading the fairly long bios. When i finally put the movie on expecting scary entertainment, I was sourly disappointed
Adult Written bya_rayment April 9, 2008

A great horror movie for anyone 14 and up!

Okay. To start, I do NOT think that this movie should have been rated R. A definate PG-13 movie. I know that there is 152 F-Words, 52 S-Words, and about 300 other profanity words, but think about it. You get lost in the woods and crazy things happen to you, I dont think that you would be saying apporopriate words. Sure, they could have toned it down a few notches, but hey! Anyone ages 10 and up would use that language in that kind of situation. The violence is nothing and the drugs issue is quite heavy. Everyone is going crazy because they don't have cigarettes, one person is pressured into taking shots of Scotch, and someone asks for some marijuana. This movie will frighten people 13 and under so no need to worry, and the rest of the movie is PG material!
Adult Written byPCDberry May 23, 2015

Blair witch project scary violent and intense

This movie is ver violent with bloody and gore teens are stabbed or tortured throughout the movie by being beaten stabbed cooked or whipped and dead mouse is seen with bloody results language is over the top 200 F words 75 sh** and other sexual references throughout very intense and scary many jump scenes including some bloody jump scenes 17 and up ONLY rated R for strong bloody violence and torture throughout pervasive language and intense scary images
Teen, 13 years old Written bye_bvb July 4, 2014

eh

its not scary whatsoever, kind of suspenseful with no sex, lots of cursing, and almost no real violence. take this from someone who watches lots of scary movies and gets scared very easily, this movie IS NOT SCARY. I wouldn't let someone under the age of 10 or 11 watch it just because of cursing and suspense, but its not the most entertaining-i got pretty bored at least through the 1st half.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule June 10, 2014

People seriously think this is scary? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was more boring then scary, although I was surprised that the budget was so low. If you are watching horror movies to be scared, then DO NOT for the love of god WATCH THIS MOVIE. Thank you!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybakeranimator May 27, 2014

Most Overrated Horror Movie Ever Made

I'm not even exaggerating, this movie was bad. The only reason critics love this movie is because of the found footage concept. All it did was give me a headache, and take away the scariness. Seriously, whenever something that could potentially be scary is gone without being filmed. Even the ending! Speaking of the ending, I didn't understand it, who was the guy standing in the corner? According to Wikipedia, it was Mike, but wasn't he already dead? His camera had fallen first, or did he just drop it on purpose? Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention. Point is, this movie was too confusing to be scary. Perhaps a little back story on the Blair Witch legend would help me understand this movie, but I watched this movie knowing nothing about it other the the whole found footage thing. Also, the characters smoke, drink, and swear (especially use the f-word) a lot, so no role models there. Don't bother with this movie. If zero stars were in an option, that's what I would give this movie.