All member reviews for The Blair Witch Project

watched it at 2am

jwilliams303 is wrong! it is real at the start it said this is a true story
Teen, 13 years old Written byultra.kill4 June 12, 2010

Scary

okay, i havent actually seen the movie yet, but I'll tell you this. My dad is a tough guy. He went to see this movie in theaters, went out for a run the next morning, and came home early because he was so scared. If you want to be scaered, see this movie. ALTHOUGH, its the kind of movie thats only scray when you fell like your actually there. As I said before my dad saw it in theaters. If you plan to scare yourself, i reccomend you make a rule for your self that you watch in pitch black, with no brakes on a HUGE TV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilyB123 October 1, 2010

lots of repeated uses of the f word and the s word. Being in the woods in the dark unprotected and hearing one of your friends scream like they're being tortured aren't the best scenes for kids to watch. There is also a brief disturbing image at the end of the movie. I have to say, the way the movie ended kind of disturbed me too...but overall pretty good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 15, 2011

Suspensful

Nothing terrifying about it but the language is crazy. Swearing in almost every sentance. Watching the movie from the teens camera's view mad it scary, especially at the climax.
Kid, 12 years old July 18, 2010

This movie is great and isn't that scary
Teen, 14 years old Written byrstar96 December 25, 2010

Warning: do not watch this film

I did not find it scary at all. When i rented the DVD I spent a bug chunk of time reading the fairly long bios. When i finally put the movie on expecting scary entertainment, I was sourly disappointed
Teen, 15 years old Written byrain333666999 July 24, 2010

its fine if you dont mind cursing

it was alright.suspenceful.but not at all scary
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2011

Loved it!

I liked it but it FREAKED THE HECK OUTTA ME! Did enjoy it... If your child is mature enough they should be able to make their own decisions on what programs they'll watch...
Teen, 13 years old Written byhavok lover 666 May 30, 2010

it is great!!!!!!!!! kind of scary.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

WOW (In a Bad Way)

This has definitely made it onto my worst list. You think that something would actually happen in a movie but no. When i say nothing happened, NOTHING HAPPENED. The whole time it was just 3 teens runnning around in the woods, lost even though you can see a house in the backround during one scene, screaming at each other. Nothing happens! Very disappointing.
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2011

Not all that scary to me, but judging on other comments, 14+

This movie was not very scary to me at all, and I am 12 year old goody two shoes girl. I watched it, expecting it to be 'the scariest movie since the exorcist' but it wasnt all that scary. The only part that scared me the slightest bit was was when the one of the main characters finds a piece of another main characters clothes and inside was a... bloody... thing? I don't know what it was, it was like a heart or something. Other than that, there are CONSTANT curse words, very unessesary, too. The only reason I rated it 4 stars was because the ending really made me mad. I wanted to know what happened next! But, hey, didn't they make a second one? :P its very realistic in the sense that they wanted you to think it was real. Very. So I recommend it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 June 4, 2010

Pretty good for a shaky camera movie

Even though this isn't real, i still thought it was pretty freaky. The ending part where they go in the house and a child's voice screaming help and laughing outside the tent even when there wasn't one there creeped me out the most.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 25, 2011

Good horrror movie for teens

My MPAA Rating, R: Strong language, terror violence, and intense sequences of terror/violence
Teen, 14 years old Written byfeather moon February 5, 2011

Not for younger kids, and iffy for teens if your worried about language.

This movie was scary the firs time through. I mean, I'd still be scared the second time because of the whole standing in the corner thing, but I swore something was gonna pop out to scare you every time it was dark. I hate horror movies that are constantly dark. So if you can't stand the dark in movies, do not watch this! Nothing pops out, but even so it was creepy. Just random things, like waking up with stones piled outside the camp, and strange noises. So in that sense I wouldn't recommend it for little kids. Also, they swear almost every other word. And it's pretty bad. The violence isn't bad, there's pretty much none, but there are references to it. You can assume what will happen. Only one scene that's gorey where they receive a bag of bloody parts. Overall the movie was pretty good though. You don't need a blanket to cower behind, just saying.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylil reses January 19, 2011

i like it but me and my friends are really gonna find out about it so lets hope the stuff real cause i dont want to go up there for nothing
Kid, 9 years old November 28, 2010

ok for 10 year olds great for older kids.

hi i watched the movie last night with my dad and i was scared but not that scared to fall asleep it was a good movie but the language was really bad. but im 9 and my dad forgot how much language is in here. and the sequel looks bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieman09 April 9, 2008

Great

This is a great scary movie. It scares you from what you don't see not what you do see. It does have a ton of language though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 13, 2012

Epic waste of time.

This is the worst movie I've Ever seen.scares and Dissapointing and the psychological theme of the film didn't get to me much though I tried to put myself in heather's shoes.sucked ,waste of time don't bother.And responding to ultra.kill4 I did watch it with my dad in a dark room,pitch black,and full volume.wouldnt allow my brother to see it bcuz he has a very low tolerance for scares.oh and by the way,heathers the girl in the poster with the cap.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Overrated

NO VIOLENCE!!!! There are just a couple "scary" noises that make 17 year old's wet their pants! Other than the 2 cuss words every minute rule, there is no reason your baby can't see it without crying
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008