All member reviews for The Blair Witch Project

Teen, 13 years old Written byultra.kill4 June 12, 2010

Scary

okay, i havent actually seen the movie yet, but I'll tell you this. My dad is a tough guy. He went to see this movie in theaters, went out for a run the next morning, and came home early because he was so scared. If you want to be scaered, see this movie. ALTHOUGH, its the kind of movie thats only scray when you fell like your actually there. As I said before my dad saw it in theaters. If you plan to scare yourself, i reccomend you make a rule for your self that you watch in pitch black, with no brakes on a HUGE TV.
Kid, 9 years old December 21, 2010

watched it at 2am

jwilliams303 is wrong! it is real at the start it said this is a true story
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmilyB123 October 1, 2010

lots of repeated uses of the f word and the s word. Being in the woods in the dark unprotected and hearing one of your friends scream like they're being tortured aren't the best scenes for kids to watch. There is also a brief disturbing image at the end of the movie. I have to say, the way the movie ended kind of disturbed me too...but overall pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

WOW (In a Bad Way)

This has definitely made it onto my worst list. You think that something would actually happen in a movie but no. When i say nothing happened, NOTHING HAPPENED. The whole time it was just 3 teens runnning around in the woods, lost even though you can see a house in the backround during one scene, screaming at each other. Nothing happens! Very disappointing.
Kid, 12 years old December 21, 2011

Overrated

NO VIOLENCE!!!! There are just a couple "scary" noises that make 17 year old's wet their pants! Other than the 2 cuss words every minute rule, there is no reason your baby can't see it without crying
Teen, 13 years old Written byxskittlesx August 22, 2011

Language spoils it

I thought this movie would be one of the scariest I ever saw, but it really wasn't. There's like 190 something f-words, ans language is awful; it almost ruins it. There's only one bloody scene, which lasts for about 30 seconds. Really, not that bad besides language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrstar96 December 25, 2010

Warning: do not watch this film

I did not find it scary at all. When i rented the DVD I spent a bug chunk of time reading the fairly long bios. When i finally put the movie on expecting scary entertainment, I was sourly disappointed
Teen, 14 years old Written bykatie776 October 4, 2014

Okay movie with tons of swearing

language: constant use of the f-word (over 150 times), constant use of the s-word; (about 50 times), and a variety of different curse words kissing: absolutely nothing Violence: (SPOILER) towards the end, there is a bag of bloody body parts (one of the main characters) The Blair Witch Project is supposed to be one of the scariest movies of all time. It's not. If you love being scared, don't watch this. It doesn't get even close to scary until the last 3 minutes. The only gory part is (SPOILERS) when they get one of the main character's bloody parts wrapped in his shirt. Every 5 seconds they use the f-word, which got annoying after the first two minutes. Overall this movie was pretty good, but pretty disappointing. This would be a great starter movie, because the only reason it's rated R is because of the language, which every teenager has heard from friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written bye_bvb July 4, 2014

eh

its not scary whatsoever, kind of suspenseful with no sex, lots of cursing, and almost no real violence. take this from someone who watches lots of scary movies and gets scared very easily, this movie IS NOT SCARY. I wouldn't let someone under the age of 10 or 11 watch it just because of cursing and suspense, but its not the most entertaining-i got pretty bored at least through the 1st half.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylimabeanzrule June 10, 2014

People seriously think this is scary? COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was more boring then scary, although I was surprised that the budget was so low. If you are watching horror movies to be scared, then DO NOT for the love of god WATCH THIS MOVIE. Thank you!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybakeranimator May 27, 2014

Most Overrated Horror Movie Ever Made

I'm not even exaggerating, this movie was bad. The only reason critics love this movie is because of the found footage concept. All it did was give me a headache, and take away the scariness. Seriously, whenever something that could potentially be scary is gone without being filmed. Even the ending! Speaking of the ending, I didn't understand it, who was the guy standing in the corner? According to Wikipedia, it was Mike, but wasn't he already dead? His camera had fallen first, or did he just drop it on purpose? Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention. Point is, this movie was too confusing to be scary. Perhaps a little back story on the Blair Witch legend would help me understand this movie, but I watched this movie knowing nothing about it other the the whole found footage thing. Also, the characters smoke, drink, and swear (especially use the f-word) a lot, so no role models there. Don't bother with this movie. If zero stars were in an option, that's what I would give this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 26, 2014

Scary? I think you have the wrong movie

This movie is so boring. All this swearing just leads up to a stupid ending. This is worse than the Paranormal Activity. They don't even show the blair witch, ghosts, or anyone in the woods. Don't know why people find it scary, it's just a waste of time. If you want a scary movie, this isn't it! If you don't mind language, I don't think this film would even scare a child...
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2014

no need to not allow child to watch

i watched this movie and it was rather stupid they got lost in the woods here noises in the night and get scared at one point heather is being chased down but no blair witch is there and the quality was horrible you could barely see it i would say its a good starter horror film. other then swearing good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIndywinitall December 12, 2012

Doesn't Compare Anymore

The movie is not as horrific as current horror movies. Language and smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhusker97 March 28, 2012

i dont even know why its called a horror movie

the only thing that was realy bad about this movie was the swearing, other than that nothing realy that scary, u dont see anything and its more or less a girl screaming in your face for the whole fricken movie. Definatly not what i thought it was going to be
Teen, 15 years old Written bymaximumdrumz December 16, 2011

Not an entertaining movie

This movie is extremely boring and not scary whatsoever. Three stupid kids get stuck out in the woods and can't manage to stop fighting long enough to find their way out before getting attacked by some creepy "witch" that we never see. If your kids can handle some semi scary movies or a haunted house then they will be fine to watch this.
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2011

Not all that scary to me, but judging on other comments, 14+

This movie was not very scary to me at all, and I am 12 year old goody two shoes girl. I watched it, expecting it to be 'the scariest movie since the exorcist' but it wasnt all that scary. The only part that scared me the slightest bit was was when the one of the main characters finds a piece of another main characters clothes and inside was a... bloody... thing? I don't know what it was, it was like a heart or something. Other than that, there are CONSTANT curse words, very unessesary, too. The only reason I rated it 4 stars was because the ending really made me mad. I wanted to know what happened next! But, hey, didn't they make a second one? :P its very realistic in the sense that they wanted you to think it was real. Very. So I recommend it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfeather moon February 5, 2011

Not for younger kids, and iffy for teens if your worried about language.

This movie was scary the firs time through. I mean, I'd still be scared the second time because of the whole standing in the corner thing, but I swore something was gonna pop out to scare you every time it was dark. I hate horror movies that are constantly dark. So if you can't stand the dark in movies, do not watch this! Nothing pops out, but even so it was creepy. Just random things, like waking up with stones piled outside the camp, and strange noises. So in that sense I wouldn't recommend it for little kids. Also, they swear almost every other word. And it's pretty bad. The violence isn't bad, there's pretty much none, but there are references to it. You can assume what will happen. Only one scene that's gorey where they receive a bag of bloody parts. Overall the movie was pretty good though. You don't need a blanket to cower behind, just saying.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylil reses January 19, 2011

i like it but me and my friends are really gonna find out about it so lets hope the stuff real cause i dont want to go up there for nothing
Teen, 15 years old Written byrain333666999 July 24, 2010

its fine if you dont mind cursing

it was alright.suspenceful.but not at all scary