All member reviews for The Blind Side

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Golden Cat June 21, 2011

An Inspiring Movie

The Blind Side was a very touching movie filled with good messages and good role models, and the main character was truly inspiring. I would very much recommend this movie, though there is language and a scene of drug use, which might be inappropriate fr younger viewers. As a teen movie, for kids 11+, this movie rocks!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpalko April 24, 2010

Maybe a little too heartwarming?

Inappropriate references in this movie that I noticed that you haven't put down. The family is a great role model though!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 21, 2011

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie really is THE BEST! No- its better than the best! Who is rating these movies? WHO???? ITS FIVE STARS! I loved it. I actually did cry and I laughed and it made me smile. But the people who rated this three stars ONLY, they have no heart! BEST MOVIE EVER! Thats a fact. There was a drug scene and lots of language, but it was amazing! An AWESOME family movie for parents who have tweens and teens. It's my favorite movie ever!
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2010

The was a lot better and more entertaining than i thought it was going to be. The movie wasn't slow at all and was a mild but very powerful PG-13. The Blind Side delivers a pack of good messages like helping others in need, not giving up, forgiving, and the most important one is let go of the past and move onto the future. Besides this there some iffy content involving: some rough play on the football field (which may incoradge this kind of behavior to young boys as appropreate or cool.) , There is also a very tense scene where someone almost gets shot and there is lots of yelling and fighting (which kids under the age of 11 really shouldent see,) , On top of that there is some iffy language and some mild sexual and drug refrences. But even with all this the blind is a wonderful inspiring film for kids ages 12 and up.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

Moving!

im not bothered by the drinking, violence and language-in fact that is what makes the drama and emotions so amazing!! although some kids might be scared, it sort of depends on what your parents want you exposed to, not really age. it was very moving and such great actors! tim mcgraw and sandra bullock were amazing as parents! leigh anne and michael (big mike) are the main focus of the movie. there is some racist content, but in a way that people can learn from. its very, very good. my family bought it right away!! thumbs up from me, along with the country! great for all families :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byDid_Cavemen_hav... January 12, 2010

Awesome Movie!

This movie was great! I loved it. Nothing negative; the violence was either self-defense or football. Michael was wanting to remain passive, so he was a good role model in my eyes, plus he was honest. The positive message was about Michael's success with all his scholarships he got. Language isn't so much an issue; bad words are talked about as bad in the actual movie too, and just about everyone 10 and older most likely knows what us males have between our legs, so it's not very innapropriate. I liked the movie alot even though I quit football a few years ago since i had thought it was violent (even though i laughed at some of my injuries to make my teammates feel better if they knocked me over), but just because i don't love football doesnt mean I did not love the movie. It was great for just about everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byabmoviewatcher February 21, 2015

Funny and Inspirational!

This is the kind of movie that you let your kids watch when their young and tell them to hide their eyes at a couple of parts. A little violence and sexual content. Definitely some mature themes. A little swearing... Putting that out of your mind, this is one of my all time favorite movies! Funny and serious, laugh and cry, how much better can a movie get? Parents should watch before letting children 12 and under watch.
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2014

Good

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 29, 2014

Football drama is great for teens and up

My rating:PG-13 for football violence,brief strong language,sexuality/nudity and drug use
Kid, 12 years old November 21, 2014

terrible

it is really boring and i don't see why everyone was crying in it. I stopped listening half way in the movie
Teen, 15 years old Written byRadelite October 25, 2014

There are good people out there.

This is a movie about a family who invite a homeless black teenager(think he is a teen) to spend the night at their house and end up sort of adopting him as a part of the family once they find how much of a protective and kind person he is. Really good movie with great messages Also good if you like football movies.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2014

great nut some language

well its so awsome but there are a lot of bad words and there a fight scene that might be scary and micheal drinks wine and a couple of people are shown smoking so ages 11 but it is my favorite movie of all time
Teen, 14 years old Written byNotreDameFan April 14, 2014

how in the world is this only rated 3 stars

outstanding movie that perfectly captures all the racial issues in our society
Kid, 11 years old April 6, 2014

one if kids top 20

the movie has some good point but some bad there is a car crash and some swearing but i saw it a a great not very scarry film if you liked saving mr banks you would love this movie but there is a scene where drugs in a scene and soemm bad people so younger kids should find something like rio are nut job are frozen but older kids should be fine!
Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2014

Great Football Movie

The blind side movie is much better than the book, which is something you can't say for many books turned into movies. There is a little bit of everything in this movie. A little bit of romance (one scene with a couple in bed), a little bit of drama (crying over family members and suspense), a little bit of language , a little bit of drinking (adults & teens drinking and mom's drug addiction), and a little bit of violence (gang fight). What this movie doesn't lack is sports and positive messages/ characters. The whole movie is surrounded around football and the NFL. Leigh Anne, Sean Jr., and Michael are positive role models because they are caring (L.A. takes in Mike and adopts him), they are helpful (S.J. is the first person to talk to Big Mike), and don't give up (Mike keeps on going despite all the problems in his life). This movie is great and I would recommend this to any of my friends and family.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMy1ten0baby January 10, 2014

Umm

You gys need to stop drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySlimShady2000 September 2, 2013

Great Movie for All Kids 10+

Just a great movie with a ton of great messages and role models! Sandra Bullock is Fantastic and Quinton Aaron and Tim McGraw are great too! Overall it isn't that bad for kids even 9 years old but it is a great movie if you like football because is adds football to the story of the movie! I would say it is okay for a mature 9 year old and on for 10+
Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2013

The Blind Side

This is a great movie about how we are all the same, regardless of skin color or how much money you have! However, it might be scary for some children.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

inspiring true story of football star

This was a good movie with very sad parts.the mother says t_ts,h_ll,b_tch,A_s and says she will cut of your p_nis.Rough football parts and fights.the mother is on drugs and party with wine.
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2013

Awesome!

Very good movie I loved it!