All member reviews for The Blues Brothers

A cult classic for adults and older teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 February 28, 2010

Language is all, otherwise, enjoy! :)

My dad showed the to my ten year old sister and I and we loved it! Not any blood, and super funny! Great music legends like Cab Calloway and Ray Charles, so that makes it sort of educational. My dad would pause it and tell us about the musicians. Super fun!!! The only thing is language because ALL swear words (yes, including f***) are in this film. That's the only real reason this is rated R. There is an episode of Drake and Josh that has things based on this movie! They sing "Soul Man" and they play a brief clip. This movie is a-okay! Just make sure your kid KNOWS swear words are bad and is not young enough to not understand they're bad and start saying them. 10 should be fine (if you've got a good kid) ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJ-dog21 March 23, 2009

3rd favorite movie!

3r favorite movie, just barely passed R rating by saying F**K too much
Kid, 12 years old September 17, 2013

A Fun and Enjoyable Ride with The "Bad" Brothers!

This is fun and orignal classic that i enjoyed watching with my brother and my dad. Lots of language, and you're going to see the baddest and most naughty acts by two "badass" brothers Elwood and Jake, one just getting out of jail, as they have the whole city of police chasing them around Chicago. They would never get caught though- because they're on a mission from God. The guys are so likable, especially by teens like me. Overall, great classic comedy/action film you HAVE to see.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFlowerpower8760 July 5, 2015

I've seen it but...

It's actually pretty good, but they say f--k a lot and there is also a lot of violence.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2015

Funny, but not the best family movie night

This movie is hilarious, but kids 10 and under who have not experienced Saturday Night Live will not get all the jokes. It has several f***, and other swear words. Think about it before you let it slide.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

Hilarious action comedy

Language- 4 (Moderate Coarse Language)
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

AMAZING MOVIE

AMAZING FILM! The reason I say violence is they drive over a bridge and through a mall. I put sex because, and I don't know if anyone remembers this, but when Jake is getting out of prison at the beginning of the film,and he goes to get his items, there is a brief mention of a condom in the box of items. Language is mostly f--- and s--- , but not as often as those box office rated R films. The Grey has many more f bombs than this movie. IT'S STILL A GREAT MOVIE!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjsl April 3, 2011

A good message beneath the surface

Yes, it's funny, yes, there's strong language, but underlying message is profound - the people we least expect to make a contribution to society often do exactly that. Jake and Elwood had all the cards stacked against them - orphans, wrong side of the tracks, time in prison (on a Robin Hood-type mission, as is revealed later in the film), and the Penguin telling them not to come back until they've "redeemed themselves." Yet Jake and Elwood are determined to help her raise the tax money, regardless of what the consequences are to themselves. It cost them their freedom, but they were willing to do it for her and the orphanage - talk about selfless! Swearing, drinking, bad driving (and not wearing seatbelts) aside, they serve as good role models for my kids. I could take some cues from them myself.
Adult Written byChrisams August 20, 2010

Brilliant, funny musical.

I watched this movie as a kid, and it quickly became a firm favourite, although watching it now, I'm surprised my mum let me watch it, with the language content. The language is crude, but witty. The action sequences are superb and hilarious. The real star of this movie, is the music, however - the movie features many r&b\soul legends (Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles ect) and the tunes are wonderfully worked into the script. All in all, a classic musical.
Adult Written byTheoDoyp January 20, 2016

An awesome film.

I really enjoyed this film. It has a great style, great music and is quite funny too. The main characters do many bad things, making them not very good role models. I recommend this for ages 14 and up as there is moderate amounts of swearing and is surprisingly violent, but shown in a cartoonish way.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThedude68683 May 2, 2015

it is HYSTERICAL

these 2 men named John Belushi and Dan Akroyd made a comedic duo as real life buddies. This is their best SNL skit turned into a movie. Brilliant jokes even though its a flimsy plot you'll be humming these catchy tunes like she caught the katy and saying we're on a mission form god before you realize whats going on
Kid, 10 years old March 3, 2013

Great Movie, but swearing.

The Blues Brother's is (in my opinion) a movie in the hall of fame. This movie has a great, positive message and is VERY funny. Yes, I am only ten, but I appreciated the the movie greatly. If you have been looking at other people's reviews, you would have noticed everyone is saying there is a lot of swearing, THEY ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! Even though there is still a lot of swearing, I would recommend the UNRATED version of the movie for kids 13 years old, to 15 years old. That is the version that I watched. Besides the swearing, there is a lot of famous R&B and Blues artists including Cab Calloway and Aretha Franklin. The songs in this movie are AWESOME!!!!!! There is actually some people who still support nazis in the movie, and they are yelling words discriminating people of the African-American race (but just for a short minute.) If your kid has heard a lot of bad words, and is smart enough not to use them, YOUR KID IS READY.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySirkin reviews June 20, 2012

Sirkin reviews

In my words if your a John Belushi fan you should watch this its one of his last movies
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 29, 2012

just plain great

the best
Kid, 2 years old December 28, 2011

Mature kids

Its not super bad, older kids could watch it. 7, 8, and older.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 6, 2011

Absolutely hilarious; language is just about the only thing that makes this successful SNL spinoff rated R.

My rating: PG-13 for language, some comic violence, and for frequent drinking and smoking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 2, 2011

great for most ages

great movie for about any age if you're not concerned about some language and and reckless driving shouldn't even be r rated i love this movie its funny and clever.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronman1963 July 1, 2010

Without language would be PG-13

This is one of my favorite movies it's extremly funny. It's not very violent, there are a few scenes were someone tries to kill Jake an Elwood but those scenes are really not bad at all. The only problem with this movie is the frequent language, if the movie did not have so much profanity it would easily be either PG-13 or PG, so it really depends on what your view of profanity is, but most likely if your kid is in middle school they probaly hear words as bad or worse than those in the movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byvette543 June 16, 2010

Ok for everyone over 15

I personally think that it is fine, the cussing in front of the nun is comic....
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2010