All member reviews for The Bourne Identity

Violent but thrilling first of the Bourne action trilogy.

Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2010

A Great Movie for Tweens and Up

A lot of intense action and violence some language- H***, C***** sake!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 11, 2011

Incredibly violent, but great.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence/action sequences and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFunkboy565 January 24, 2010

Fantastic but proceed with caution

I have seen all of the bourne movies and i think they are amazing ( violent) (very tense) bourne is a person who really does not remember the person who he once was. He does not go after people they come after him (the scariest thing about this movie is the flash backs of what he has previously done this is most true in the bourne ultimatum) i would suggest that someone older than 13 watch this first to skip the more graphic parts
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2010

Great movie for pre-teens

This is a good movie with a lot of action scenes. This movie may be a little confusing for younger children. It is about Bourne, who cant remember anything, but can do all these crazy stuff. The government is after him, and he doesnt know why.
Adult Written byjowriggley April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byTurtle.lover November 16, 2014

Good movie but a bit confusing

I liked this movie, but find it a bit confusing. Some kids might not understand it, although the film is made to be confusing. I think i noticed swearing once, but it didn't bother me, and it won't bother other kids. There is no nudity, although there is two scenes of kissing. I did not notice any scenes of drinking drugs or smoking. There is some violence, and quite a few deaths but not enough to put you off. The beginning was a bit groos as two bullets were removed from wounds, and I looked away then. Otherwise it is fine.
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2014

Great Action Thriller

Violence- 4 (Moderate Violence) Sex- 2 (Mild Sex Scene) Language- 3 (Infrequent Coarse Language)
Teen, 14 years old Written byc@l June 3, 2014

BOURNE IDEINTY!!!!!!!!!

a Suspenseful intense well made action movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenageMovieCritic10 May 31, 2014

Movie worth your time for those who can handle some blood and gore!

I saw this when I was 12 and I was completely fine. I remember there being a few disturbing images that stayed with me, but nothing that kept me up at night (a woman with a bullet hole in her forehead). I was actually slightly confused at some parts, so my parents had to explain part of the plot to me. There is a brief scene in which Jason and Marie have a mild make-out session which involves Jason's shirt coming off, but that's about it. Curse words are definitely included but nothing that a mature child couldn't handle. All in all, be prepared for some blood and ammo, but it's a great action movie worth seeing!
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2014

Great movie

This is an intense, romantic, action-packed thriller from when Matt Damon was young (and very attractive ;) There is constant violence all throughout, and is especially gross when you get a tiny glimpse of a dead person who jumped through a window. All the gore is very brief though, but there are some very intense scenes, like when a murderer is coming for them and they are staying with children (they don't get hurt). There is very little sex, except for one very intimate scene where they kiss passionately and embrace shirtless (the man AND the woman) but it doesn't get bad. A must see!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJamie C December 14, 2013

Brilliant story, though for mature audiences...

To be honest, I personally think that The Bourne Trilogy as a whole is fantastic. Yet I would not recommend it for children younger than a mature 11year old. The Bourne Identity is quite violent and contains the most sexual references out of the entire Trilogy. The main issue that families should take into consideration before they watch it, would be the maturity and handling of the violence. On the whole, brilliant!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2013

amazin'

so cool epicmovie
Teen, 13 years old Written byGaz10 October 16, 2013

Good action-thriller!

The first Bourne movie is good but not as good as the others. This movie is a little violent for people aged 12 and under so caution. It also contains some swearing including an F-bomb.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjames.bulfinch June 19, 2013

An Action Movie That Actually Has a Good Plot

This is one of the few action movies in existence that actually has a good plot. This movie is not violent at all and there are only a few instances of true profanity. I think anyone ten and up should be able to watch this.
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2013

Fabulous!

Great performance by Matt Damon! Need I say more?
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatman101 January 21, 2013

Matt Damon at his best...

This movie is amazing! The best Bourne i've seen (i have seen and own all of them, and the first four books), and the bourne identity is the best book (only on # 2 though) and movie yet!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 12, 2012

Strong start, intriguing movie

This movie shows you don't always have to be faithful to the source material but you can keep it interesting! The action is intense, but bloodless, and Matt Damon is vulnerable and likable as the lead role. The audience is learning who Bourne is as the story goes along, so that's cool, too. Very excellent modern spy film!
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2012

Great

Great movie!! It was violent throughout but very engaging and there was really only one "bad scene" but just don't watch it!! And Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) was very courageous thru out!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama August 5, 2012

The Bourne Identity (2002)

Violence: Intense fistfights, gun fights, and a knive fight. Point blank shoot outs, assasinations, and bloody hands after pulling a knive out. Sex: Kissing and no shirts (no nudity). Language: f--k, h--l, d--n, s--t, bulls--t, son of a b--ch, Godd--n. Intesity: simply to much for even an immature 13 year old. Matt Damon at his best. Best thriller ever.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012