All member reviews for The Bourne Supremacy

Second in trilogy is a smooth but violent thriller.

Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2010

Great Movie

Matt Damon is great in this action packed c.i.a. story. P.S. Bourne's got amnisia
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2010

Great for older kids but not for young kids

This movie is a lot like the first one. It is pretty good, but the death scene might be a little scary for children. In the death scene, the person Bourne loves, gets shot while driving a car and goes into a river. Bourne gets her out of the car but it is too late. He kisses her underwater and he lets her goes. And he went to find out who did this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover1996 June 28, 2010
really good, but lots of vilence, and language
Adult Written byfivebewe April 9, 2008

The first one is better

Matt Damon plays the part well, again. But the first "Bourne" story was much more nerve-wracking and twist-y. I liked it better than this one.My husband and I really liked the movie but felt the car chase was definitely WAY too drawn out. We got the idea of what was happening pretty quickly, so it seemed over-done.There are some tense moments and some pretty intense and violent scenes. Several killings, incl. a suicide. The ending is kind of a cliffhanger. Wonder if they can take this to a #3?I'd let my older teen see it. Probably not my 13 y/o.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 7, 2009

A Sleek, Calculated, and Immensley Enjoyable Thriller

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY makes for a fun sequel to IDENTITY. It features the same amount of thrills and chills, the same engaging story, and the same breathtaking stunt pieces. It also features the same amount of violence. Sex and language are toned down from the first one, but violence is the same, if not more frequent. People are shot at point-blank range, and there is some blood. Men are bloody after a fist-fight, and, in the most graphic part of the movie, you see an assassin dead after a car chase with numerous cuts and blood covering his face. There are many, many fist-fights, in which a man is strangled, and an uncountable amount of people are threatened with knives and an guns. Language consists of one or two "d**n"s and "hells", one "SOB", and one barely audile "f*ck". There is no sex.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

a real classic watch it 11 and over

my favorite bourne you'll love it its areal classic 11 an over for some violence watch it
Adult Written byjowriggley April 9, 2008
Adult Written bybrino April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Better than the first

Better than the first, but still not memorable. Again, I can vaguly remember a few things, but for some reason I cannot recall what the movie was about.
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!!!!!

Man this movie was great. And I so agree w/ the reveiwer b4 me u can see this movie and b 12+ cuz my mom almost said no to this movie, but I convinced her, like always. Ps: I'm 13 now so do I have to make a new profile or is there some way I can change my age? Thanxs, CB
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhyAllTheGlitter June 13, 2011

Very Well Done.

The Bourne Supremacy is amazing. There are barely any words to describe it. Matt Damon plays Jason Bourne skillfully, creating a dangerous, intimidating character. The plot is very intricate, with a mixture of assassins and CIA Agents. There is definite violence in this movie, but it's done very well, not making it as bad as it could be. Not to mention, the general idea of this movie is violence. There is also one suicide, but it isn't done as graphically as it potentially could have been, showing only that the characters intentions were to kill themself. But naturally, you should be prepared. Pamela Landy takes control, holding her own with her male associates, and using her own logic and threads to find out what she needs to know. Despite the meaning of the movie, Jason is a considerably good role model, trying to get himself out alive, and to stop himself from needing to kill. All in all, The Bourne Supremacy was a very good movie, and it never fails to draw me in, no matter how many times I watch it.
Kid, 8 years old June 27, 2015

Extreme violence, language, drinking in slick thriller.

My rating;R for strong violence, some racy content, alcohol use, and language throughout.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. May 26, 2015

Still good

Just the same as the first but a little darker
Adult Written byCityscape April 19, 2015

1 especially concerning scene

I recommend skipping the scene with a poledancer, at 1:20:00.
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2014

Good sequel

I've seen all of these movies and I liked this one but it's not too violent. The 5/5 makes it sound very violent but this movie deserves a 3/5. There are more 3/5 violence movies I've seen more violent than this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama September 3, 2012

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

Violence: graphic non stop action violence. thats all there is to it. Language: f--king, s--t, g-dd--n multiple times, h--l, d--n, one use of bulls--t (screamed) Amazing movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 18, 2012

Intense, darker sequel

If you're worried about this movie not living up to the original "Identity," don't sweat it, "Supremacy" is an even darker, intense installment in the "Bourne" series, where literally Matt Damon never smiles throughout the whole thing (look it up, it's legit.) The movie can get complicated at times but wraps up nicely, and has some genuinely emotionally devastating scenes. The film goes by fast, but the "Bourne" sequel is nonetheless memorable.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. July 15, 2012