All member reviews for The Bourne Ultimatum

Excellent, smart spy thriller for mature teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysgjohnson February 4, 2010

Best Bourne movie

The story starts off with action and then builds up. It has the right balance of fighting, talk/investigation, and humor. The car chase stands out in a world where automobile scenes are cliche. The only thing that I found annoying were the flashbacks. They happened every few minutes and looked like someone waving around a camera. Overall, I would watch it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 13, 2009

Wonderful movie, but way to violent for kids.

Wonderful movie, but extremely violent.
Adult Written bySurprise April 9, 2008
Media is allowing too much to filter through to our children. May seem cool, but definately too much violence/suspense for a pre/mid-teen to see. Great ADULT film though!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 10, 2012

Similar in content to the 2nd, decent movie

Great action, very intense. Recommended for teens
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2014

Best bourne movie in the series

this is my favorite bourne movie so far. watch this!
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2011

Amazing.

This is personally my favorite movie ever. The acting is great, the plot is interesting, and the hand filming makes it all more real. This movie is fast paced, so it is better for someone who can comprehend the story. Also, mature kids will be more interested because of the deep meaning behind the movie. There is no real swearing, just a little too many uses of the H word. The violence is not gory, and can be handled by someone who is mature. Also, the only sexual stuff in this movie is a short flashback of kissing, which is not new to most kids. Overall, this is an awesome and entertaining movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2010

Totally Rocks!

I love this movie! Might be the best of all the bourne movies! But there is some pretty intense violence at parts. But if your 12+ you can probably handle it! It rocks! Did you know it is based on a series of books?
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover1996 June 28, 2010
such a great moviek the best in the series
Teen, 14 years old Written bycoolmandudeyeah June 4, 2010

amazing.

great great movie. at first i was confused then everything was explained and i understood it. this and supremacy are the two best. the first one was 3 stars. 2nd and 3rd are five stars.
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

great action classic 12 and over

every single bourne is good but this one just won too much it has heck of a good action and violence its a real CLASSIC watch it and you'll never forget it 12 and over because minors wont understand the story and for violence watch the bourne in a row .
Teen, 13 years old Written byrrateddrama September 3, 2012

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007)

No differant than supremacy except, no f-bombs, and not graphic. read my review of the bourne supremacy.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 8, 2011

i rate this title IFFY for ages 14+

What to watch out for * Messages: Bourne is singularly moral-minded; CIA agents and other killers are deadly, calculating, and cold. * Violence: Bourne first appears limping and being chased aboard a moving train; he jumps off, finds a hospital, trails blood everywhere, washes his bloody hands, self-injects a needle full of painkiller, hits one officer and holds his gun on another. Flashbacks throughout show young Bourne's torture (hooded figures, waterboarding, frantic camerawork and dissolves), refer to his girlfriend's murder ("shot in the head"). Scene in morgue shows corpse. Violent acts -- shown in chaotic camerawork and editing -- include explosions (preceded by bomb-making), punching, kicking, flipping, leaping, falling, crashing through a window, car-crashing and -screeching, shooting (by snipers and face-to-face), bone-breaking, stabbing. * Sex: In subjective flashbacks, Bourne tenderly kisses Maria (his dead girlfriend), once underwater, as she floats away. * Language: Several uses of "s--t" and "d--n," repeated uses of "h--l" in frustration (e.g., "What the h--l's going on here?"). * Consumerism: Vespa motorbike. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: In flashbacks, Bourne and another man appear to be sedated.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 July 27, 2010
Plenty of fast paced action, which i personally really like. I really loved this movie and suggest it to everyone who is 13 or older and likes action movies :)
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion February 8, 2009

WOW! I thought the others were good, but this one...WOW!

THE BOURNE IDENITY surpassed my expectations. SUPREMACY matched them. ULTIMATUM completely blew me away; it surpassed the set of expectations I had behind my first set. The acting was so good, the plot so enthralling, the action so intense, the script so well-written, I couldn't believe I bought this for $9.50 at Target. If you loved the other Bourne films, this one will blow you away. You won't be able to keep your eyes off it. Violence is the same as the others. There is an extreme amount of fights and weapons, but those who are shot are shot non-graphically. There is some blood after fist-fights, but no more than the previous two. Bourne makes a good role model for kids; he is trained as an assassin, so in almost every scene he finds himself pointing a gun at someone's head. But he chooses to say no and show them mercy...in fact, I can't think of a time when he kills in cold blood. He's always placed in immediate danger, and acts out of self-defense. There is no sex, and language is limited to one "SOB", infrequent "s**t"s, and several "d**n"s.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

Absolutely unrelenting

Although the trilogy continues to not follow the book in almost all cases outside of some characters, the movie's plot itself is solid enough. It doesn't exactly break any great ground from what you would expect, but thanks to Greengrass' directing-- especially his constand use of a handheld camera-- it still manages to grab you in and never let go until the ending. That's actually a great sign of Greengrass' skill, since basically the entire movie is a bunch of chase and fight scenes connected to each other. But despite how negative that sounds, there is almost nothing that could have made the movie better. It efficiently combines the action of the first and the seriousness of the second, and caps off the trilogy almost perfectly. I would disagree that the movie deserves a red for violence, as it still has less than the first one (but more than the second). It's just that the movie carried over the serious tone of the second movie, and thus the action feels more heavy-handed. Other than that, there's not much content to worry about, other than some mild curses being muttered, but nothing serious. Let's just hope that the movies end here-- or at least that they don't follow the lackluster post-mortem sequels Eric van Lustbader has been writing since Ludlum's death.
Adult Written byChance M. February 20, 2017

WOW!!!!!

That basically sums it all up. It was perfect, The violence was more than the previous and just a bit more brutal with choking,stabbing,shooting,etc... This is without a doubt the best film you will ever watch. But then again the violence is constant and outragous with many scenes where people are brutally killed but then again that is what made the bourne films all so good. But bourne isn't that great of a role model here. He is more driven to bring the fight to them instead of just staying out. But still then again we are watching an action movie so if you say to brutal the go watch something not so violent. But back to the the point this movie made you feel like you were there. It is easily the best of the series but if you have younger audiences you might want to have them watch the bourne identity instead, this one being a bit to violent
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 February 11, 2016

The franchise is in good hands.

The Bourne Ultimatum is definitely the best in the franchise. Paul Greengrass returns and he directed the movie well. Some people complain about the shaky camera during the movie and The Bourne Supremacy, but I thought it worked since it was different from typical action flicks. Great story again, awesome, intense action, excellent acting and overall amazing. Grade: A+.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan24 May 14, 2012

Intelligent spy movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya August 21, 2011

the ending was awesome

what a great movie, my favorite bourne. but violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 17, 2011

The best in the trilogy--and that's the best way to end a trilogy is to and strongly.

My rating: PG-13 for intense violence, action sequences and some language.