All member reviews for The Breakfast Club

Socially relevant '80s teen flick.

Adult Written byMature-teen September 10, 2010

Wait until you're mature enough to respect and get this movie...

Once your kid is close to high school or in high school they should watch it. Great moral, just a good movie that high school teens will get and like despite the fact its from the 80's.
Teen, 14 years old Written byK-z Hogue December 28, 2010

it would go over the heads of kids under 9.

ATTENTION PARENTS: the breakfast club is my favorite movie.i watched it when i was 11.i actaually watched it literally 20 times in 2 weeks.if i sat down and watched it again,the lines would still be memorized!and also, when i watched it,i understood all of the jokes.i actaually cried tears of joy at the end.it is a wicked happy ending.but of course,they talk about who is and isnt a virgin,how John Benders home life is abusive,and john smokes pot and cigarattes.you see Molly ringwalds panties while she is still in them, and there is a lot of cursing.but it sends out the message that, in the good words of Amellio Estives's character Andrew Clark,"everyones bizzare.its just that some of us are better at hiding it". i was looked down on in school for being the weird one,and it really got to me until i heard that statement.:)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBrainKreig October 17, 2010

Don't you.....forget about me! Don't don't don't don't..........

I command you to rent this movie and show it to your kids
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2010

Sexual Content (PG): The princess seduces the criminal. Language (NC-17): f--k, s--t and b---h are used at least every 2 minutes. Consumerism (G): The kids drink Coke. Drugs/Tobacco/Alchohol (PG): A student hids marijuana in his locker.
Adult Written byfenixataris182 April 9, 2008
Parent Written byPlague December 17, 2009

The Breafast Club

I think the disrespectfulness to the authority figures wasnt all that bad, since the authority figures didn't show a bit of respect to the students. In my opinion, respect shouldn't be automatic, it should be earned. Period. Great movie, 5 stars.
Adult Written byvicky92 September 14, 2009

talk talk talk & no action

CLASSIC!! I think it's best to let your kids watch this movie when they're in middle school. That's the first time I ever watched it & I fell in love with it ^_^ They basically talk about sexual things, but they don't do anything. On the dvd they don't show them smoking pot, but i think on tv they do...or is it the other way around? it's one of those movies (like every other teen movie) that has bad messages in the beginning & good messages at the end.
Adult Written byhartzler_84 December 17, 2008

Good lessons

This movie contains students from very different groups. I feel this is a good movie for teens to watch. Yes there is some bad language, but most kids have heard these words by the teen years. This movie teaches that you can't just judge somebody before you know who they really are, and why they act the way they do. With the way middle and high schoolers act and treat each other this is a very good movie for them to watch. It might even make more people think before they judge people or make fun of others.
Adult Written bytobier January 19, 2015

If you're upset by the language in this film...

...you need a reality check on how people talk.
Parent Written byhisbygrace August 25, 2013

Bad language

Takes the Lord name in vain. Says God .... paired with da*n also says f**k and a numerous other words.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySafemancam001 July 12, 2012

Timeless Teenage Movie

After I saw this a few days ago, it became one of my new favorite movies. The way that the comedy and drama are balanced out is amazing. The emotional growth of the characters makes it work watching. And, the story of Saturday detention is so original. Even though the movie is about teens everybody teenagers and older can relate in some way to the characters. It's amazing how something made over 20 years ago can still be relevant today. I guess it's one of those movies you could call timeless, considering over the past 27 years these basic stereo-types of teenagers have survived. I recommend this movie to those in high school, going to high school, or anyone who has been to high school. The only people I wouldn't recommend it to are people too young to hear F*** or to know about marijuana.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

The second best John Hughes movie ever (behind Ferris Bueller's Day Off).

My rating: R for strong language, sexual content and teen drug use.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 1, 2011

Classic 80s movie

i admire this movie its simply amazing john Hughes at his best. the cast is wonderful. some language and drug use not to bad. if u havent seen it i suggest u do.
Parent of a 6, 12, and 15 year old Written bycab87670 November 27, 2010

A good time for older kids

This movie is one of my all time favorite films from the 80s. The characters are very well made up and it keeps your attention. I will say that it is appropriate for anyone 13 or high school aged. It is heavy on the language and some sexual dialogue but it isn't too graphic.
Teen, 16 years old Written byocho April 14, 2009

based on your child its a must see

it tells the truth about what goes on and is the greatest tale of 5 completly diffrent people with nothing in common except eachother. i highly recomend it for ages 12 and up maybe higher depending on what your child has already been exposed to
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2015

Amazing, fantastic, and well done comedy has tons of swearing, racy references, smoking, and talk of abuse. This movie is not appropriate for kids, ok for adults 18+

My rating:R for pervasive language, violent references, strong racy content, and drug use,.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 23, 2015

A must watch for mature teenagers..

A wonderful film that is worth watching. The first Time I heard about this film was when I was in High school. On the other hand, The student didn’t get their wish to let the teacher show this in school. So When I first watched this film, I was surprised at what I seen and heard.. The film did get pretty strong with the language.. But what do you expect, Teenagers at school always curse. Another part in this film also surprised me to.. This was the part where they started talking sexual and did drugs.. Otherwise, I really enjoyed how this film was put together and how nicely the creator made the high school stereotypes.. Besides the language and that one drug scene, This film would be great for mature teenagers.. Other than that, I wouldn’t recommend this film to younger children..
Parent Written byKassandraL May 29, 2013

Watch with caution

Good film, however I disapproved of some of the characters and the behaviors shown in the film.This would be a good one to watch alongside your kids once they start maturing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEduardo Peixoto November 20, 2011

Among the best high-school movies

Among the best high-school movies can get. Thought-inducing and fueled with many interesting discussions, and overall it provides quality viewing (and thinking) for pre-teens. It also references literature, which is something always positive for a teen movie to show.
Adult Written byAlex Daulton November 8, 2011

Wait for high school

Everyone should watch this movie when they are in high school. If kids are in middle school, they won't appreciate it as much. It's not bad for anyone who is in high school. The cussing, drug use, and discussion of virginity, suicide, and abuse is nothing high schoolers aren't aware of. Just don't ruin the movie at an early age when the perfect time to watch it is while you are in high school.