All member reviews for The Bucket List

Bittersweet dramedy approaches death with humor.

Adult Written bynursey11 April 9, 2008
I loved this movie. It made me laugh, cry and think all in the same theater. Very thought provoking and sad, but very funny at the same time. I think these were the perfect actors to do this film. They played well off of each other. I have always been a fan of both men. My 13 year old loved the movie as well.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Bittersweet

This is a pretty good movie. It is very sad at some points, but opposing some of the other reviewers, I thought it was pretty funny. The F word is used once, so watch out for that. I would say it's ok for 15 and up; 13 and 14 year olds should watch it with parents.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDr3w November 29, 2011

Kick the Bucket

I couldn't help liking this movie. Sure, it had its issues. It wasn't as funny as it could have been (although I laughed very hard at times, especially in the sky-diving scene). It's kind of morbid since it's all about facing the certainty of death and going on laughing, but it's still a wonderfully fresh movie about discovering the joy in life. Freeman plays religious characters so well, I was shocked to discover that he is apathetic towards religion in real life and has been divorced three times. Nicholson is hysterically funny here, but still manages to pull of the dramatic scenes with ease. There are only two problems with this movie from a content perspective. The first is bad language. I guess you can't get two old guys together without a lot foul language being spat out. Expect to hear the f-word once and many other profanities and vulgarities as well. Not constant, but still more than I'm comfortable with. The second issue is not as a big a deal if you talk it through with your kids. At one point, Freeman is approached by a woman (discretely) with an offer of sex. He is married, so he turns her down. Your youngest kids might not notice this scene, so I would go ahead and leave them in the dark, but you might want to use it as a teaching opportunity for your older kids. SUMMARY: A very good movie dealing with death but more importantly with living a good life. Language is not appropriate. Be warned.
Kid, 11 years old March 21, 2011

Death with humor

DEath is a hard thing to wrap your head around, but this movie approaches death with humor.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Whoa....

It's an alright film. It definetly leaves you thinks and feeling. The end was very sad, and i kind of wish i hadn't seen it, it was so sad. It's a large cliche' it's self. But its a good time.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 31, 2011

Hysterical!

My rating: PG-13 for strong language, some suggestive references, and a scene of smoking.

I luaged and cried.

Adult Written bywifeunit April 9, 2008

A story that all should want to hear

It's about life choices, a friendship from a horrific disease. A chance to see what really matters to someone. Speaks of faithfulness and honor and to hold onto your commitments even when it isn't what you wanted to do with your life. Make whatever you may have the best you have. Money doesnt bring love and home!
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 3, 2011

Wonderful!

Great movie, funny yet touching.
Parent Written byPlague March 15, 2010

The Bucket List

This movie is touching, funny, and sad at the same time. But an all around good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPoison Ivey February 2, 2010

I laughed? idk it was hard to know when to laugh and when to keep a straight face...

I got this movie on demand, and it was under "dramas" so i wasn't expecting for it to be funny, but i did laugh. I cried, too. You will cry if you watch it, because it is sad. Really not that innapropriate, nothing that a 12 year old hasn't heard of. Oh, and btw, its "to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world" not room. Member? in the end? nvm... its pretty entertaining. Rent it. ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn July 26, 2009

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

It's pretty good. Not really the best in the world.
Adult Written byFrikka April 9, 2008
Adult Written bympr18c April 9, 2008

a great movie

this movie is one of the best movies ever. its sad, funny, and has a litle something for everybody! its the first movie i have ever seen 60 year old men cry at. no seriousy i went out of the theatere and a group of men were crying! this movie is good because it can introduce kids to great actors like jack nicholson and morgan freeman. this movie is pretty much pg-13 for cursing(well its jack nicholson what do you expect) that includes damn s--t f--c and at one point a guy gets flicked off by jack nicholson(gee how did we see that one coming) the movie though is probobly best for 12 and up seeing that the younger ones probobly won't understand it or get bored.
Adult Written byvabfla April 9, 2008

Not for kids

It was an ok movie, but definately not for kids. Based on the previews you think it's a comedy, but my 12 year old and I left the theatre depressed. It is just not suitable supject matter for a saturday at the movies.
Adult Written bybfranklin April 9, 2008

EXCELLENT

This was by far the best movie I've seen in quite some time. I laughed out loud and I cried real tears. Two wonderful actors working off each others outstanding talents. GREAT movie! A must see in my book.
Adult Written byZeeber April 9, 2008

Great Movie, but not sure it appeals to the younger audience

Wonderful movie - wonderful idea, great actors and something worth thinking about in our own lives. I didn't really see much of anything that would make it not suitable for young teens, but I don't know that teens would choose this movie to attend. My 15-year-old daughter didn't want to go see it w/me. Worth seeing.

This bucket has holes, but you'll be crying by the end...

Rob Reiner has not been treated kindly by the box office in the last few years, with bombs such as Everyone's Hero, Alex and Emma and Rumor Has It. He was hoping for change when he made 'The Bucket List', a tearjerker comedy starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson. Did he overcome his curse? That's for you to decide, but in my opinion, the film was just OK. Parents, while there's nothing extremely bad in this movie, don't take your kids to this; they won't appreciate it, no matter how good it is. Overall, most of the jokes weren't funny, and the acting wasn't Oscar-worthy, but that won't matter, because I can guaruntee that by the end of the movie, you will be in tears. The movie is best at the points where it takes itself seriously, and it doesn't try to crack lame jokes. Go see this movie just for the end!