All member reviews for The Call

Gripping thriller has tons of violence directed at a teen.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez March 15, 2013

17 and up.

the call is a good chilling thriller movie stars with Halle Berry but this thriller movie is very violent and disturbing with that being said this thriller movie is only for mature audiences and parents you need to know that the call has a lot of disturbing violence that is over the top there is strong language used.
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2013

The call might be a good call

This is a violent movie has lots of disturbing content and images but has a point when your kids will see this they might be scared and be more respectful and lovable
Teen, 15 years old Written bysecretpath July 3, 2013

really good for 16 and above

I thought it was awesome definitely one of my favorites! But their is a lot of violence to a teen talk to your families on what to do in a situation like this but personally i loved it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 9, 2013

great

Parents, this well acted, well made thriller starring Hallie Berry and Abagail Breslin is sure to peak teen interst, but the graphic violence and thematic elements make it only for the most mature teens. Violence includes killings, a serial killer cutting off girls scalps, punching, kicking, burnings, chloroform use, and all violence is aimed at teen girls. Sex includes implied pedophillia and nonsexual flashes of breasts. Langauge includes infrequent use of f--k, s--t, c--k, d--k, motherf---er, and one c--t. In the end, this movie is adults only. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated R For Grisly Images, Disturbing Violent And Sexual Content, Language And Some Drug Material
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacktheCool August 13, 2013

Not good

To much blood and stuff like that, i am vert disappointed about this movie! A bloody junk!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBatmanGuy1 July 28, 2013

It's ok

The Call to me was average. The movie was entertaining enough to watch it but you won't remember it after a few minutes. The movie is filled with cliches, some were done right and some were very cheesy. A good thing I can say about the movie is that it's not really that predictable. However, I hated the ending. It's not really realistic since Jordan (Hale Berry) is a by the book kind of person. My favorite thing about the movie was the villain. He is so weird and creepy and brutal that it makes you hate him and hope he dies. The actor really nailed the part and after the movie you can't resist saying "It's already done".
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 June 14, 2013

Thrilling and Awesome! B+

Just Wow!!! I haven't seen a movie so fast paced and thrilling The Call is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I recommend it but if a kid under 14 wants you might have to let them watch it with the parents.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

NO KIDS

DONT WATCH IT KIDS
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

Great Movie

I watched this movie and it was scary. This movie is vilont, painful, and it held some things i didnt like. So I really like it but held some really painful stuff
Parent Written bylivinginfrance May 1, 2014

very distressing movie

I think this movie about a man who kidnaps teenage girls would be very frightening and stressful for kids. There is graphic violence (murder with a spade and screwdriver, spraying a man with petrol and lighting him up, torture (and fear of death) experienced by the victim. I was shocked that, in France, it was rated 12. This is completely unreasonable. Definitely not one for sensitive souls...
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmazing December 4, 2013

Thrilling

"The Call" was definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen, but it was also, hands down, the scariest. An edge-of-your-seat thriller, this movie, although extremely violent, engages viewers from the start and has protagonists who set good examples. Parents, be really careful about letting your kids watch this! There is a lot of gore (stabbing, cutting, igniting, etc.) and some strong language. Also there is some mild innuendo, but luckily, most sexual references are all in one short scene, so it would be easy to fast-forward through them. All in all, it is a well-acted, bone chilling movie that will leave you hanging for hours after you finish it.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2013

Ok for kids to watch!

It is a good movie, I think it encourages kids to help other people. The beginning you don't have to worry about because the kids wouldn't know what the girls are talking about. There is a part where the girl is in a bra but, with the rest of her clothes on. It is nothing romantic at the part but, it might be a little disturbing. If you mind your kid seeing a bra on television then just tell them to simply look away or close their eyes. But I honestly think it is okay for kids to watch and it is a very good movie. It is one of my favorite movies!
Parent Written byizzycoffe August 3, 2013

Very entretaining thriller!

The call is a good suspense film, the plot is interesting and the cast is nice. The things I didn't like about the movie was the conclusion and that the blond girls obsession of the serial killer wasn't well developped, because some details were missing. But in general is a good flick, it'll keep you really tense, but don't worry, not scary at all. It should be ok for kids 15 and up, mostly because of the tons of violence and the intensity of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 July 28, 2013

An awesome yet freaky thrill ride!

This movie is very frightening. What makes this movie even more scary is that it could actually happen. This movie is a very mild rated R movie. It could be one of those strong PG-13 Movies, but the mild R rating is good because this movie is very disturbing. Violence = 8/10 SEX = 3/10 Frightening Moments = 7/10 Disturbing Content = 9/10 Language = 7/10 My MPAA Rating: R For Disturbing Violent Content, Dangerous Situations, And Language.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

GOOD MOVIE

This is a pretty good movie. Casey is shown in her bra but that's all the sexuality. There's TONS of violence though.
Adult Written bychristian2011 June 27, 2013

Well-made and structured thrill ride.

The Call was a definite edge-of-your-seat thrill ride from start to finish. It's about an experienced 911 operator named Jordan who receives a shocking call from a teenage girl whom unfortunately falls victim to a home invasion and kidnapping, which sadly she dies upon the serial killers wrath. Six months later, Jordan receives another familiar call from another teenage girl whom is targeted and kidnapped by the same killer. The violence in this movie isn't over the top but the intensity of the girl getting kidnapped and struggles for her survival from the sinister intentions by the serial killer definitely makes up for it. There isn't much strong language in this film, just a few uses of f**k and sh*t. There's no sex scenes except for the last 30 minutes of the film, the kidnapped girl is shown wearing a bra for several seconds. Due to the intense thematic material involving a 911 operator striving to save the life of a young girl from a deranged killer makes it a movie for older teens.
Adult Written byBp3rk23 June 20, 2013

Education

Great movie to tell your kids what to do if something like that was to happen. Educate them on what to do if they were in a trunk of a car and show them how signal for help. This movie can help young people.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviegoer1 April 20, 2013

The Call

The Call is a very engaging movie that makes some viewers use their brains to wrap their minds around the thought processes of serial killers and other like people. This film, although filled with some colorful language, violence and a dash of sexual references, is very well constructed. Jordan (Halle Barry) was a very strong character who was able to use her skills for good. Although the conclusion centers around revenge, that can be overlooked due to the unrealistic use of it. If that situation actually occurred, I can assure you most would contact the police to bring justice to the killer. It's just a matter of common sense. I gave this movie a significantly lower age rating due to the fact that, although graphic, teens in this generation are being exposed to many things similar to this through modern media. Crimes similar to these actually happen to people and they are still publicized on the news or the internet. Teens are not strangers to the subjects presented in The Call. If you are concerned with violence, just make sure that you shield your eyes. The violence is predictable to an extent as long as you are attentive and giving your undivided attention. Many may argue that teens are sexualized in this film, but these crimes are a reality. You must realize these crimes can happen and are not absolutely unrealistic. It's a slightly dramatized account of what can actually happen in the real world, so even though the violence and sexualization is in the movie, it is realistic to an extent. Overall, this film, while violent, shows that these crimes indeed do happen and also keeps the viewers thinking about what may be going through the serial killer's mind.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykf13 January 2, 2016

Disturbing

Overall this was violent, fast-paced movie. There is some disturbing content like blood, violence against a teenage girl, kidnapping, etc. and some of the themes are really screwed up. If you are under 10 dont watch this, because Im a pretty mature 14 year old and some parts I had to pause the movie or look away. In conclusion, only watch if you think you're mature enough to handle the content.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 10, 2015

Pretty decent until the ending....

I think Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin were good. Abigail however, she is.. I can't describe. I was going to be more generous, bit the ending..ugh.