All member reviews for The Call

Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2013

The call might be a good call

This is a violent movie has lots of disturbing content and images but has a point when your kids will see this they might be scared and be more respectful and lovable
Teen, 15 years old Written bysecretpath July 3, 2013

really good for 16 and above

I thought it was awesome definitely one of my favorites! But their is a lot of violence to a teen talk to your families on what to do in a situation like this but personally i loved it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek September 9, 2013

great

Parents, this well acted, well made thriller starring Hallie Berry and Abagail Breslin is sure to peak teen interst, but the graphic violence and thematic elements make it only for the most mature teens. Violence includes killings, a serial killer cutting off girls scalps, punching, kicking, burnings, chloroform use, and all violence is aimed at teen girls. Sex includes implied pedophillia and nonsexual flashes of breasts. Langauge includes infrequent use of f--k, s--t, c--k, d--k, motherf---er, and one c--t. In the end, this movie is adults only. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated R For Grisly Images, Disturbing Violent And Sexual Content, Language And Some Drug Material
Teen, 14 years old Written byJacktheCool August 13, 2013

Not good

To much blood and stuff like that, i am vert disappointed about this movie! A bloody junk!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBatmanGuy1 July 28, 2013

It's ok

The Call to me was average. The movie was entertaining enough to watch it but you won't remember it after a few minutes. The movie is filled with cliches, some were done right and some were very cheesy. A good thing I can say about the movie is that it's not really that predictable. However, I hated the ending. It's not really realistic since Jordan (Hale Berry) is a by the book kind of person. My favorite thing about the movie was the villain. He is so weird and creepy and brutal that it makes you hate him and hope he dies. The actor really nailed the part and after the movie you can't resist saying "It's already done".
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 June 14, 2013

Thrilling and Awesome! B+

Just Wow!!! I haven't seen a movie so fast paced and thrilling The Call is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I recommend it but if a kid under 14 wants you might have to let them watch it with the parents.
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmazing December 4, 2013

Thrilling

"The Call" was definitely one of the best movies I have ever seen, but it was also, hands down, the scariest. An edge-of-your-seat thriller, this movie, although extremely violent, engages viewers from the start and has protagonists who set good examples. Parents, be really careful about letting your kids watch this! There is a lot of gore (stabbing, cutting, igniting, etc.) and some strong language. Also there is some mild innuendo, but luckily, most sexual references are all in one short scene, so it would be easy to fast-forward through them. All in all, it is a well-acted, bone chilling movie that will leave you hanging for hours after you finish it.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2013

Ok for kids to watch!

It is a good movie, I think it encourages kids to help other people. The beginning you don't have to worry about because the kids wouldn't know what the girls are talking about. There is a part where the girl is in a bra but, with the rest of her clothes on. It is nothing romantic at the part but, it might be a little disturbing. If you mind your kid seeing a bra on television then just tell them to simply look away or close their eyes. But I honestly think it is okay for kids to watch and it is a very good movie. It is one of my favorite movies!
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

NO KIDS

DONT WATCH IT KIDS
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 July 28, 2013

An awesome yet freaky thrill ride!

This movie is very frightening. What makes this movie even more scary is that it could actually happen. This movie is a very mild rated R movie. It could be one of those strong PG-13 Movies, but the mild R rating is good because this movie is very disturbing. Violence = 8/10 SEX = 3/10 Frightening Moments = 7/10 Disturbing Content = 9/10 Language = 7/10 My MPAA Rating: R For Disturbing Violent Content, Dangerous Situations, And Language.
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2013

Great Movie

I watched this movie and it was scary. This movie is vilont, painful, and it held some things i didnt like. So I really like it but held some really painful stuff
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

GOOD MOVIE

This is a pretty good movie. Casey is shown in her bra but that's all the sexuality. There's TONS of violence though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviegoer1 April 20, 2013

The Call

The Call is a very engaging movie that makes some viewers use their brains to wrap their minds around the thought processes of serial killers and other like people. This film, although filled with some colorful language, violence and a dash of sexual references, is very well constructed. Jordan (Halle Barry) was a very strong character who was able to use her skills for good. Although the conclusion centers around revenge, that can be overlooked due to the unrealistic use of it. If that situation actually occurred, I can assure you most would contact the police to bring justice to the killer. It's just a matter of common sense. I gave this movie a significantly lower age rating due to the fact that, although graphic, teens in this generation are being exposed to many things similar to this through modern media. Crimes similar to these actually happen to people and they are still publicized on the news or the internet. Teens are not strangers to the subjects presented in The Call. If you are concerned with violence, just make sure that you shield your eyes. The violence is predictable to an extent as long as you are attentive and giving your undivided attention. Many may argue that teens are sexualized in this film, but these crimes are a reality. You must realize these crimes can happen and are not absolutely unrealistic. It's a slightly dramatized account of what can actually happen in the real world, so even though the violence and sexualization is in the movie, it is realistic to an extent. Overall, this film, while violent, shows that these crimes indeed do happen and also keeps the viewers thinking about what may be going through the serial killer's mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 April 10, 2015

Pretty decent until the ending....

I think Halle Berry and Abigail Breslin were good. Abigail however, she is.. I can't describe. I was going to be more generous, bit the ending..ugh.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysharp_spoon November 16, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written bybands4life September 24, 2014

My Review on "The Call"!

This movie is very good and has some great actors. There are just a few cuss words, not as many as common sense media says though. Motherf--ker is used once. S--t, hell and damn are used just a few times. There are about 4 violent scenes in this movie (The final confrontation with the serial killer, the opening scene in which the serial killer murders a girl, a man has gasoline poured on him and is lit on fire, and the scene where the man in the black car gets hit with a shovel and then killed with a screwdriver), the rest of the movie is just the kidnapped girl in the trunk of the car following the 911 operators instructions. As far as disturbing images/content, the nude dead body of a girl is shown from a helicopter view (Don't worry, its pixelated, and so far away you can barley see it), the mans creepy secret hideout contains the scalps of girls he murdered, and a girl is briefly tortured. In the end, this movie has a great message about stopping at nothing to achieve something. Also, Halle Berry's character is quite the role model in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoserubioh May 3, 2014

Shocking.

This is a very violent movie with a really good story. It's a really good movie but it has a lot of violence and can be shocking for some people.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylily-reads April 13, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byWKTV July 1, 2013

Not For Kids!

This movie is mostly rated R for violence and language . In this movie there are intense 911 calls that will frighten young children. Also there is a scene where the kidnapper stabs another person repeatedly with a screwdriver until dead. One other scene he doused someone with gasoline and lights the man on fire. There is one scene that a girl is stripped down to her bra but not in a sexual/romantic matter. This movie is not for kids! Way too much violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byConor Coyle June 2, 2013

Intense and Exciting!

I've just finished watching this and I loved it, it was a great story with good twists and turns, and the fact the operators go through these everyday make it even more exciting and it is sad for them of course, children in peril, that kind of thing! There are no dull moments, just suspense and thrills. I would watch it again! After you've watched it you might too! Excellent, you have to see it!!!!