All member reviews for The Campaign

Kid, 12 years old August 10, 2012

The Campaign

This was a funny movie. this was a good choice for political season, but Ted is overall funnier. There was some comedic violence, but not enough to highlight it. The sex jokes and situations were frequent, and there are two affairs. Cussing is frequent and should be 'Pervasive'. Drinking was seen but not bad. This was a good movie, but there are better comedies out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 August 11, 2012

Crude political comedy fine for older teens

Lots of sexual dialog and actions. Lots of swearing. Nothing a mature teen couldn't handle
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovied14 August 11, 2012

Great cast for the Campaign

Desent comedy has great cast, ok plot, unenteristing charecters (For Some of the movie)
Parent Written bysurfsup August 17, 2012

Irresponsible movie production, direction, inception where child actors are concerned

I can't believe reviews I've read of The Campaign don't share my outrage at the lines the child actors are made to say in this movie. It is not funny for adults to have a child actor say he did something to an animal's penis, or for a child actor to say a line with vagina in it for shock value. I think this is abusive and irresponsible. Will Farrell; Dylan McDermott; John Lithgow; Dan Akroyd and all of the adults in this movie should be ashamed to support the lines the child actors in The Campaign were made to say.
Kid, 12 years old August 15, 2012

I loved it the dinner table lol

Hilarious omg
Teen, 15 years old Written byRedsox1995 August 15, 2012

Hilarious

Funny and raunchy
Parent Written byDogs1995 August 15, 2012

Vintage will ferrel and Zach galifimalis

Innapropiate and funny
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

Hilarious best 2 actors ever

This movie is so funny haha the dinner table scene is
Teen, 17 years old Written byWwerobert1995 August 15, 2012

Hilarious

Zach and will are hilarious
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 15, 2012

The dinner scene with Marty Huggins is worth price of admission!

While the movie isn't quite one extreme (very over the top) or another (biting satirical political movie) it has big laughs, and the audience and myself had a blast through the whole thing. For older high schoolers who will appreciate the nuances of Ferrel and Galifiankis' performances. Very well done!
Adult Written bydartangnonkitty November 14, 2012

Thoughts for A Comedy Loving Mother & Son

Thank you for the review! I’ve always been a fan of Will Ferrell’s comedy he has a traditional form of comedy unique to him and that’s great. I’ve heard this is probably not the best movie to watch with my son, so I appreciate all the info. Galifianakis on the other hand is rather new to me and my son likes him, so I’m interested to see how he fairs along side a powerhouse like Ferrell. I sure the movie will have me laughing from start to finish, especially considering Ferrell will be delivering the stress relief from the recent election. My friend and coworker from DISH also admires the talents of Will Ferrell, especially in Elf. She’s having a girl’s night tomorrow to see The Campaign on Blu-ray, but my son and I will be out of town helping my Mom who has some health problems. I have my laptop with me for work, so I can easily access DISH Online and rent The Campaign, since my Mom has a Hopper from DISH then I’ll still enjoy the movie with the gals, even though I’m away from home.
Parent Written byAspi January 28, 2013

Raunchy, amusing

This is a typically raunchy Will Ferrell comedy. Its just inappropriate for kids especially because the lines around acceptable humor and unacceptable humor is very blurred.
Parent Written byShivom Oza August 29, 2012

The Campaign (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – The Muck Stops Here!

Incumbent Congressman Cam Brady is set to win yet another term at the office unopposed. Till, two businessmen, the Motch brothers, seize the opportunity to place their man, Marty Huggins, against Brady. The battle begins over who will conquer the North Carolina district. Exceptional dialogue, amazing performances and great concept! This is not just a raunchy comedy, nor is it merely a political drama. It’s a mix of both! Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) is the unopposed candidate for the 2012 elections in North Carolina district. Posing as a typical politician, Cam is shown to be a womanizer, a high-handed leader, a maverick, and just an arrogant go-getter. He beds cheerleaders, women supporters, competitors’ wives, and is silly enough to let it out in the public as well. He also tends to give the same speeches everywhere, no matter what the context is or who the addressees are. Despite all this, Cam is a favourite with the voters. The Motch Brothers, Glenn Motch (John Lithgow) and Wade Motch (Dan Aykroyd), have a plan of setting up a huge plot in one of the districts of North Carolina, where the employees will not be Americans, but Chinese. This will be done so that the Motch brothers don’t have to spend a penny on the shipping costs and products can be made within the American territory. However, this method of ‘insourcing’, as the Motch brothers call it, is nothing but injustice being meted out to the Americans. They ask one of their influential friends, Raymond Huggins (Brian Cox), to convince his naïve son Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis) to stand up against Cam Brady during the elections. Now, Marty is a bit on the clumsier side. He is not well groomed, neither is he well-spoken. He and his family, along with wife Mitzi Huggins (Sarah Baker) and kids, spend time indulging in food fights, playing childish games, not taking themselves too seriously, hence, leading a hassle-free life. It would have been quite a big ask to get the extremely gullible Marty to stand up to the ‘strong-haired, handsome, well-groomed and charming’ Cam Brady. So, the Motch brothers hire the super-smart Tim Wattley (Dylan McDermott) to become Marty’s campaign manager. So, the Huggins family undergoes a big makeover to ‘fit’ into the political circle. There’s mud-slinging, sleeping around, ugly altercations and a lot of political skirmish among the two rivals to decide who the winner is. The concept is terrific, backed with wonderful performances. The performances are amazing. Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, in particular, are mind-blowing. Even though they play rivals in the film, the chemistry in their skirmishes, lights up the screen. Will Ferrell is the arrogant politician, who refuses to bow down to the clumsy nobody, played by Zach. One sleeps with the other’s wife. The other gets the former’s son to call him ‘Dad’. Hilarious gags all around, justified by brilliant acting. Even the supporting cast, comprising John Lithgow, Dan Aykroyd, Brian Cox, Sarah Baker and Dylan McDermott, is absolutely amazing in their respective roles. The casting is perfect, but the writing is even better. The scenes couldn’t have played out better than they did, thanks to brilliant writing by Shawn Harwell and Chris Henchy. Some of the one-liners, anecdotes and jokes do leave you a bit dumbfounded, but you end up guffawing anyway. Often, the jokes border on the ridiculous, but the effortlessness of the cast is what pulls off the punches. You don’t need too much effort in comedy when you have Zach Galifianakis of ‘The Hangover’ fame. Director Jay Roach, who has directed films such as ‘Meet The Fockers’, ‘Meet The Parents’ and ‘Dinner For Schmucks’, gives yet another laugh-riot! Zach Galifianakis and Will Ferell, are phenomenal. 'R' rated, but funny nevertheless. Shivom Oza
Adult Written byKarrie21 September 3, 2012

Not appropriate for kids

I'm 22 years old and I'm disgusted that I spent money to watch this movie. I'm a political science major and heading to law school soon so I thought this could be an interesting and funny satire on the political process. Boy was I wrong. The jokes were mediocre at best and even if it had been funny, the images and comments were enough to make anyone uncomfortable. If you're comfortable with your kid seeing nipples, people having sex, crude jokes about grabbing each others junk, a child talking about an animal licking his penis, and many other things then by all means, give them a few bucks to go see this movie.
Parent Written byNikeswoosh99 October 28, 2012

Keep single digit ages away

Highly funny but very inappropriate for young children. Characters have sex with each others wives, a man gets a DWI arrest, Another man shoots his oponent and goes up in the polls for it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byblahg January 25, 2013

not appropriate for younger kids
Parent Written byBig chris November 5, 2012

wish all campains were like this lol

well i rented this movie recently and i apsolutly loved every second of it i laughed from start to finish i only wish the real eleciaon was like this woudent that be fun lol
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2013

Not for kids, but hilarious!

A lot of sex, profanity, trash talking, violence towards animals and also a baby, family issues. WARNING SPOILER: Besides all the negatives this movie deserves a five star, Cam Brady (Will Ferrel) wins the election, he then resigns and gives his place to Marty Huggins (Zach Galifanakis). This movie deserves a HUGE FIVE STAR, it is a bunche of classic old Will Ferrel comedy, but 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more funny and inappropriate, I love this movie! I hate listing the negatives to this hilarious movie but I would not recommend parents letting their kids see this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 21, 2013

The Election is a good time

The Election is really funny. When I watched it I couldn't stop laughing like everyone else in the theater. Once you see it you will see what I mean. I will probably see it again later on. If you need a good comedy this movie is the movie for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaarie3 January 28, 2013

Not for kids, funny, but trashy

The movie overall was okay. Funny, some times sexist jokes. Sex tap is partly shown. No violence. Violence is VERY strong. I think they used about every cuss word widely known. The main characters insult each other alot. The end is pretty nice. Not for under 17 year olds.