All member reviews for The Christmas Bunny

Tearjerker wraps emotional themes in spiritual message.

Adult Written bycommonparent December 4, 2011

Not suitable for Children!! Common Sense Media leaves out a lot from it's review.

Well, after reading this review by Common Sense Media, I will never trust their reviews again. Maybe they failed to actually watch the movie before rating it. They failed to mention under violence that the girl's birthmother comes home drugged or drunk and slaps the heck out of her because she is still awake and the mother, who is dressed like a hooker, wants the bring her John inside obviously to make out with him. Then the mother passes out on the bed and the boyfriend starts yelling and banging on the door to get in. The little girl is traumatized by this as she is unable to wake up her mother as the boyfriend continues to bang on the door. Then there is the scene where the 2 boys take the rabbit and put it in a baby carriage and push it down a snowy hill and further traumatize the little girl. And the totally unnecessary information by the foster care worker that the birth mother was arrested for "solicitation" as well as drug abuse. I bought the movie for my 8 year old, but after viewing it alone, I have decided against showing it to her. The totally unnecessary inclusion of material like the above reduces it to so much less than it could have been and renders it unsuitable for children in my opinion. And Common Sense Media completely fails to mention such content in its review. Which is why I will no longer trust their ratings. No sex?
Adult Written bytina.joyeuse December 18, 2011

Deals with intense situations but has an excellent message.

I love this movie. A father turns to God in his time of need. A loving family welcomes an emotionally damaged girl into their lives. A little girl becomes "real" by opening up her heart to a lost rabbit, then to a family that loves her. This movie deals with intense situations. It is a slap in the face with real-world drama. A girl comes from a terrible home of neglect with a mother who is a hoar. She is placed in a foster home where the mom shows her only love and compassion. The foster father is welcoming but apprehensive. He doesn't know if he really wants the quiet, emotionally-damaged girl around their son. The father is an out-of-work engineer and he is frustrated with the family's financial situation. This movie provides an excellent introduction to rabbit care. Children of any age will love the scenes inside the rabbit rescue, but most of the movie is not suitable for young children.
Adult Written bymonkeymoney February 10, 2012

mixed feelings

I love this movie because: 1. I like bunnies 2. have a good massage 3. almost a perfect movie for a family afternoon. Well, my problem is with the movie, that there is a wonderfull story for kids but it is not really suitable for a chilren age like the kinds in the film. Bunny, Xmas, level of emotions, a 'grandma' age friend, ect are no doubt, for kids. But the slot-like mother is a little bit to much. I believe kids not really understand these scenes. Especially the scene when the mother ad-hoc boyfriend knocked and cried at the door... what is not in the movie, but what has happened? is he broked in and raped the mother or the kid? because seems to like me that that was the point when the little girl shocked. So one part this is a movie for family with young children but it is not really ok for them; it is suitable only for older ones but in this age they are just out from this kind of films.
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2015

Boring and Cheesy

Very predictable and nothing really happens. Some sad scenes, Julia is abused by her mother who is on drugs. Later she gets lost in the woods and almost dies. This movie tried to be sad but really failed.