All member reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

A strong plot and strong characters continues a wonderful movie series.

For those who were disappointed that Reepicheep didn't have enough screen time in Prince Caspian then fear no more; he receives a fairly large part in the movie, most of which he spends antagonizing Eustace, Lucy and Edmund's cousin. Peter and Susan appear only briefly in a sort of daydream of Lucy's where she is Susan. This, I suppose, is nice because you are opened up to the two youngest Pevensie's and learn more about them without the older two stealing the spotlight. Edmund attempts (and succeeds) to fill his brother's shoes while also letting Caspian rule since he's the current king of Narnia. This proves to be a little hard when a certain green mist pits them against each other at one point, almost causing them to come to blows. Luckily, Lucy steps in and stops them. Some images like the giant sea monster (it kinda freaked me out) that Edmund accidentally conjures from his mind would definitely scare younger children. At the same time though, the strong Christian background and theme shines through: Aslan actually says to Lucy "In your world you shall know me by another name." That surprised me that Disney would be so outright with religion, but it was still overall very entertaining. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Kid, 8 years old April 10, 2011

Teen, 16 years old Written bybluelego94 December 29, 2010

Great For Everyone!

It was yet another great Narnia movie. It was very funny, it had action, and it was a thrilling adventure. I think it was better than Prince Caspian. For those of you who read the book, it isnt as bad as some movies that go from novel to movie, they did a decent job with it. Its rated PG and I think that is a good rating. The only thing that was bad was a scary monster in it but it looked pretty cool. I would recomend this to my friends and family. You should probably go take a look. I hoped this helped you. Have a nice day.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly April 17, 2011

The story continues!

The movie continues to be great, I can't wait to see the next one. This movie doesn't have the two older siblings in it, which I kinda missed. But It still was really good!
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeace.luv.az February 27, 2011

Disappointing

Going to see this, I thought it would be just as good as the first two but I was very disappointed. I was aware of the absence of the two older siblings due to the books but honestly it just made it boring. As opposed to appealing to all ages I felt it was more of a kids' movie. The cousin was a good addition and he was a funny little actor, but Prince Caspian just isn't hot anymore, another reason it was disappointing to us teenage girls. :) We eventually just got up and walked out we were so bored with it. I feel there was honestly no reason for this movie to have even been made, and I don't say that a lot.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

Really good for 9+

I thought this movie was very entertaining. Gives quite good messages. Lucy has really grown up from the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe! Very good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byLibstudent8 February 28, 2011

Continues

I love the movies and the book. It has christian stuff that helps children grow on tthe book. It teaches them what's good and what's bad. It gives everybody some excitement that they want to continue reading or watching.
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2011

great movie. really good effects and acting. see with your family
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2011

Harry Potter for kidz.

I saw this movie in 2-D and it was awesome. It had a good religious message. In the end Aslan said, "I will always be with you, but on Earth you must know me by that name" (God) There are also a few scary parts. 20th Century Fox did better than Disney this time.
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2010

The magic returns in the third installment of the Narnia saga. The action is fantastic, and like always, there is some humor scattered about (Reepicheep, anyone?). With humorous characters, stylized action, and a wonderful cast, this Narnia adventure fully delivers. Kids under 9, watch out! Parents, please make sure your kid is mature enough to handle this movie. Don't want to ruin it for us older viewers. But hey, if you have a seven year old who has survived the newest Harry Potter, by all means, bring them to the Dawn Treader. Trust me, you won't regret it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byUgli Chic February 6, 2011

A refreshing welcome to the seafaring world of Narnia...

Aye, mates, this here film sits well wi' me. The perilous waves of change have hit Narnia once again, and this time, ye get to go wi' the flow, ye landlubbers. Basic storyline: Ye follow King Caspian, Lucy Pevensie, Edmund Pevensie, and Eustace Scrubb as they set off to rescue 7 lost warlords who served Caspian's father; they also aim to unleash a special power that will counter the oncoming dark forces of evil. Methinks this and the first movies are ze prime in the Narnia saga so far; they go by the books closely, and do not fail to satisfy observers. Has wonderful action scenes, and the actors put on their best performances, even though being on ships 98 percent of the time. Special effects are astounding, says I. Language: just insults like "idiot", "sot/sod", "shut up", "bleedin'/bloody", etc. Some kissing and flirting, but between a husband and wife parting; **SPOILER** Lucy wishes to be beautiful/attractive like her sister Susan, but eventually realizes the troubles that await many pretty ladies. Parents, beware: some dark scenes that lil' tykes might take a fright to. For those who don't know, the director actually fought to keep that end liner: "In your world, I am known by another name. You must learn to know me by that name"(meaning God). So for those of ye landlubbers who wish to sail on this high seas adventure wi' lords and ladies, battles and bloodthirsty slavers, and dragons and disputes: ye should join the crowd that watches 'em, savvy? ~Ugli Chic
Teen, 13 years old Written bylaceynoelle97 February 21, 2011

Go Buy It!!! ?

I LOVED THIS MOVIE ??? It was amazing :) There's some violence, and some creepy creatures, but hey it's Narnia. It was awesome,and the characters are great role models. The characters are tempted and the movie shows the drastic results of their actions, so that's great. I love the Christian aspect of the series as well (if you dont understand, dont worry about it) It's amazing and i love C.S. Lewis ? Can't wait for the next one
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

Super good movie don't miss it
Teen, 14 years old Written byPuddingprince101 January 22, 2011

Perfect for families, but watch it together...scary sometimes...

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS MOVIE!! The violence is definitely a factor, since there's many scenes with punches, blood, and even a bloodthirsty sea serpent. Lucy, unbelievably, now thinks she's not "sexy" enough, or rather, not attractive enough towards guys. She has many visions of her turning into Susan, and then she realizes she's perfect as she is. Some of the messages aren't the best, as Edmund and his cousin nearly duel to the death, multiple times, but each time they're both under a spell of some sort, including a time when Edmund and Caspian fight over a gold island, which turns anything to gold. In the end, the messages are good, since everyone overcomes they're fears/evils. Also, nearly everyone who's main character is a good role, essentially. Overall a must-see movie. Maybe not from the movie theater, but rent this movie from Blockbuster or something. :) Thanks for reading, Puddingprince101
Teen, 14 years old Written byLittle movie freak December 19, 2010

Wonderful, terrific, imaginative, creative, clever, brilliant, cool third Narnia movie will have young kids be frightened by the ending battle sequence.

In this third franchise to the The Chronicles of Narnia film series, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is not another boring,uninteresting,bland sequel, instead it's an excellent, terrific, fun family film,except for its intense,and scary fantasy battle sequences.This is not only one of the best films of the year,but its the best Narnia yet! Four stars! An A! I Loved this film! Tis is the film of the holiday season,since Tangled! Although there is a big battle sequence involving a large scary creature that will frighten young children under the age of 7! A perfect family film for families and children ages 8+ ! Go see this film !
Teen, 14 years old Written bycillee January 21, 2011

This is a beautiful movie with great lessons that are learned by the characters over the course of the story. There is quite a bit of swordfighting, but there is very little blood, only action. Although it was designed for children, it is a terrific family movie and there is something for everyone. An important lesson for girls of all ages is that beauty is not the most important characteristic, and we learn it as Lucy learns it. Edmund learns that friendship is more important than power, and the other characters learn their lessons, as well. I would highly reccomend seeing the other two movies beforehand, which are, in my opinion, very good, but not quite as good as this one. Parents should know that this movie is saturated by the very Christian ideas of sin and God, but nothing is explicitly stated, and can be taken as literally as the viewer wants to see it.
Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2010

Lots of fantasy violence and mild curses, but great role models!

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is based on one of the books from the Narnia series but is it more graphic then intended to be? Well, violence is a concern. Plenty of sword fighting going on, people & imaginary creatures get killed or injured. Language is another concern. "God" (used in exclamation), "shut up", "sod" and other mild language is used. "Cr*p" is used a few times and "ret**d" is used once. Onto the highlights. Aslan is a fantastic role model. Standing up for himself, making his own descissions, helping others & facing fears are just some of the things he does! Overall it's a good movie but there's quite a bit of fantasy violence. Anyone over 9 should be OK though.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2011

e.g. Perfect for kids between 10-14

lov it.....the narnia books and movies are best for a variety of action packed adventure.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTecFan09 December 11, 2010

Recommended! Great for fans of the series.

Great movie! Its close to being my favorite of the 3.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySports101 February 17, 2011

10+

Great Movie!!! The only thing is it is a little violent. I mean the sea serpent scence kina grossed me out. It was freaky. Not for kids under 10 though. It is good though. I thought it was gonna be a TOTAL bust because it was only you Edward and Lucy. Also Prince Caspian and Edward do not "mind" the beautiful "star" from above leading the way. Great Movie though.