All member reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Kid, 8 years old April 10, 2011

Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 17, 2011

A strong plot and strong characters continues a wonderful movie series.

For those who were disappointed that Reepicheep didn't have enough screen time in Prince Caspian then fear no more; he receives a fairly large part in the movie, most of which he spends antagonizing Eustace, Lucy and Edmund's cousin. Peter and Susan appear only briefly in a sort of daydream of Lucy's where she is Susan. This, I suppose, is nice because you are opened up to the two youngest Pevensie's and learn more about them without the older two stealing the spotlight. Edmund attempts (and succeeds) to fill his brother's shoes while also letting Caspian rule since he's the current king of Narnia. This proves to be a little hard when a certain green mist pits them against each other at one point, almost causing them to come to blows. Luckily, Lucy steps in and stops them. Some images like the giant sea monster (it kinda freaked me out) that Edmund accidentally conjures from his mind would definitely scare younger children. At the same time though, the strong Christian background and theme shines through: Aslan actually says to Lucy "In your world you shall know me by another name." That surprised me that Disney would be so outright with religion, but it was still overall very entertaining. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bybluelego94 December 29, 2010

Great For Everyone!

It was yet another great Narnia movie. It was very funny, it had action, and it was a thrilling adventure. I think it was better than Prince Caspian. For those of you who read the book, it isnt as bad as some movies that go from novel to movie, they did a decent job with it. Its rated PG and I think that is a good rating. The only thing that was bad was a scary monster in it but it looked pretty cool. I would recomend this to my friends and family. You should probably go take a look. I hoped this helped you. Have a nice day.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2010

Really good for 9+

I thought this movie was very entertaining. Gives quite good messages. Lucy has really grown up from the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe! Very good movie
Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

OK

A few jumpy scares. The sea monster is definitely not your average ocean dragon, scarier than should have been. Prince Caspian was much better. The ending was a bit awkward. Once again, Edmund manages to mess up their near perfect quest, causing the plot. (aka, it was incredibly predictable) Oh, well.
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2013

The Best Narnia Movie of All Time!

Oh I just love this movie! But I always cry at the end when everyone has to leave. Especially Reep. :') And then my tears always end when they return back to their world. The best Narnia movie of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 13, 2012

THE VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER

third movie is really good
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2012

AMAZING!

This movie is AMAZING! I highly recommend. Read the book before though. I was a little sad because they didn't keep to the book in some parts, but it was still an amazing movie. Well done, Disney! I dislike the scene with the sea serpent, just too gory and weird...not much how the book was. Good movie though!
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2012

tommy's family friendly review

ITS A GREAT MOVIE BUT THERE IS VIOLENCE AND THEMATIC ELEMENTS
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 November 18, 2011

Scary Sea Monster Scene...... But Still Fantastic!

I go to a Christian school and we went on a field trip to see this movie (as the books are supposed to be versions of Bible stories: Aslan=Jesus, White Witch=Satan/Temptation, etc.) It was great to see Caspian again (he only got hotter :P) and the character development. A little girl sees her mother captured by mist and it's disturbing to see her screaming. Towards the end, there is an intense scene with a sea serpent, which is pretty scary. The characters cannot think of any of their fears, as the sea monster can read thoughts and will turn into such until you are driven to insanity. I think the serpent is another representation of Satan and temptation. I love this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCats November 5, 2011

Good but a little scary for younger kids

Scary parts for younger kids but great. My favorite Narnia movie so far. If you didn't like Prince Caspian then try this one, its made by 20th century so its better. Very awesome.
Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2013

I LOVE IT

I thought it was fantastic but it was a little scary when Eustace turns into a Dragon My favourite part was when Reepicheep the mouse is fighting Eustace I would love to have a ship like the dawntreader.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmma80slover June 26, 2013

Awesome!

Amazing movie!!! It was perfect!!! I always cry at the end :( I highly recommend it!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bygoldenlion666 April 15, 2012

the chronicles of narnia the voyage of the dawn treader

good fantasy film
Teen, 16 years old Written bylotrlove March 4, 2012

Great but could be scary

Good film. Not as close to the book as the others but it makes for an enjoyable movie. Edmund's power struggle promotes the importance of working together. Lucy's struggle in the shadow of her sister Susan also touches on the importance of accepting who you are and not comparing yourself to others. There is some violence especially in a prolonged battle with a scary seaserpent. There is also a point where some of the characters are almost sold as slaves. This may be desturbing especially since a young girl is being bid on by old men. The only other problem parents might have is Eustace's bratty behavior at the beginning. Rest assured that he learns to change. Also, some characters are "eaten" by a mysterious mist. This scene could scare kids, but they are eventually returned. It might be a good idea to preview this before your kids, especially if they get scared easily. Great film overall
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2011

Movie With Lots 'o' Tense Bits!

I watched this on TV and recorded it. My brother's friend who was seven wasn't scared and it all worked out well. So i'm not going to write a long intelligent review like I always do. The only problem is that there is some sword fighting and a scary scene with a sea monster. The mist may scare the sensitive ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycutiecat98 October 2, 2011

Narnia is really AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im Narnia's number 1 fan!!!!!!!! I have been watching narnia since i was about 5 and its perfect for little kids!!!!!!!! If you see Narnia on the telly i would recommend you watch it with your child.At the end maybe your child will be frightend of the sea monster so maybe you should know your child first but i dont think it should be a problem as it has a happy ending lots of magic and a wonderful adventure!!!!!!!! No one dies and its an AWSOME movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2011

On the Spot

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Great messages! It shows that Lucy (Georgie Henley) wants to be like Susan (Anna Popplewell). Edmund (Skandar Keynes) is tempted into thinking the white witch could make him king. last scene with Edmund is pretty intense. I actually covered up the screen with my hand and that was 9 months ago. Honestly, one of my favorites. my only, only crictism is that Peter and Susan werent in the movie that much. im not kidding. i counted. 23 seconds. and that theending was very sad. i literally cried. overall, fantastic movie. may the magician's nephew be the same
Kid, 9 years old August 31, 2011

Best Movie EVER!!!

This is a wonderful movie! It is really exciting and it wasn't as scary as all the other Narnia movies. I recommend this movie to 7 and up because some of the scenes are scary like when the people on the voyage Dawn Treader are being attacked by a Sea Serpent. This movie is really awesome and you should definitely watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Family Movie Night!

This is a great family movie. It is practically harmless. It is just like all of the other Narnia movies. But I have to say that it is pretty good. The story line was interesting and there were positive role models in it. It also sent a good message to kids. A message that working together will get you very far. It is a great movie to watch and I would watch it quite a few times over.