All member reviews for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Engaging third Narnia adventure is fun for tweens and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySports101 February 17, 2011

10+

Great Movie!!! The only thing is it is a little violent. I mean the sea serpent scence kina grossed me out. It was freaky. Not for kids under 10 though. It is good though. I thought it was gonna be a TOTAL bust because it was only you Edward and Lucy. Also Prince Caspian and Edward do not "mind" the beautiful "star" from above leading the way. Great Movie though.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011
Super good movie don't miss it
Parent of a 3 and 4 year old Written bylaribrook February 9, 2011
This is a great family movie - for older kids. The sea serpent scene is just too scary for anyone younger than 10 (and even then it might be too much - it is quite involved). I think this movie is best appreciated by older kids. Wait - and they will like it so much more.
Teen, 17 years old Written byUgli Chic February 6, 2011

A refreshing welcome to the seafaring world of Narnia...

Aye, mates, this here film sits well wi' me. The perilous waves of change have hit Narnia once again, and this time, ye get to go wi' the flow, ye landlubbers. Basic storyline: Ye follow King Caspian, Lucy Pevensie, Edmund Pevensie, and Eustace Scrubb as they set off to rescue 7 lost warlords who served Caspian's father; they also aim to unleash a special power that will counter the oncoming dark forces of evil. Methinks this and the first movies are ze prime in the Narnia saga so far; they go by the books closely, and do not fail to satisfy observers. Has wonderful action scenes, and the actors put on their best performances, even though being on ships 98 percent of the time. Special effects are astounding, says I. Language: just insults like "idiot", "sot/sod", "shut up", "bleedin'/bloody", etc. Some kissing and flirting, but between a husband and wife parting; **SPOILER** Lucy wishes to be beautiful/attractive like her sister Susan, but eventually realizes the troubles that await many pretty ladies. Parents, beware: some dark scenes that lil' tykes might take a fright to. For those who don't know, the director actually fought to keep that end liner: "In your world, I am known by another name. You must learn to know me by that name"(meaning God). So for those of ye landlubbers who wish to sail on this high seas adventure wi' lords and ladies, battles and bloodthirsty slavers, and dragons and disputes: ye should join the crowd that watches 'em, savvy? ~Ugli Chic
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2011

Harry Potter for kidz.

I saw this movie in 2-D and it was awesome. It had a good religious message. In the end Aslan said, "I will always be with you, but on Earth you must know me by that name" (God) There are also a few scary parts. 20th Century Fox did better than Disney this time.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written byKatmarie February 3, 2011
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2011

awsome

really good
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2011
great movie. really good effects and acting. see with your family
Teen, 14 years old Written byPuddingprince101 January 22, 2011

Perfect for families, but watch it together...scary sometimes...

I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THIS MOVIE!! The violence is definitely a factor, since there's many scenes with punches, blood, and even a bloodthirsty sea serpent. Lucy, unbelievably, now thinks she's not "sexy" enough, or rather, not attractive enough towards guys. She has many visions of her turning into Susan, and then she realizes she's perfect as she is. Some of the messages aren't the best, as Edmund and his cousin nearly duel to the death, multiple times, but each time they're both under a spell of some sort, including a time when Edmund and Caspian fight over a gold island, which turns anything to gold. In the end, the messages are good, since everyone overcomes they're fears/evils. Also, nearly everyone who's main character is a good role, essentially. Overall a must-see movie. Maybe not from the movie theater, but rent this movie from Blockbuster or something. :) Thanks for reading, Puddingprince101
Teen, 14 years old Written bycillee January 21, 2011
This is a beautiful movie with great lessons that are learned by the characters over the course of the story. There is quite a bit of swordfighting, but there is very little blood, only action. Although it was designed for children, it is a terrific family movie and there is something for everyone. An important lesson for girls of all ages is that beauty is not the most important characteristic, and we learn it as Lucy learns it. Edmund learns that friendship is more important than power, and the other characters learn their lessons, as well. I would highly reccomend seeing the other two movies beforehand, which are, in my opinion, very good, but not quite as good as this one. Parents should know that this movie is saturated by the very Christian ideas of sin and God, but nothing is explicitly stated, and can be taken as literally as the viewer wants to see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshtime January 21, 2011

Great movie, but sea serpent scene too scary for young kids.

I saw this movie in the theater and it was pretty tame until the sea serpent scene and my mom had to cover my eyes during it. Overall, this movie is good for my family. On second thought, all of the Narnia movies are good for us.
Adult Written byharedi January 17, 2011

Very good movie.

A liitle scary in some parts, but an overall good message. Good things to discuss with the kids regarding the meaning of who Aslo is and what world he's created. Also about faith. Really enjoyed it as a family.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 12, 2011

good movie

love the movie.saw it with my dad.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bytramfos January 10, 2011

Great Family Movie

My family and I absolutely loved this movie. We have seen all of the Narnia movies and this was not a disappointment. There is one scary scene that involves the serpents,, but other than that i found it to be completely acceptable for all of my children.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byCollegeGirl_Kid... January 6, 2011
This was an amazing movie with a little bit for everyone. The graphics and story were amazing, however the sea creature was a bit intense for younger children. The cousin, who starts out as a brat, is a character you still fall in love with and has a major transformation by the end of the movie. Sex, which is marked on this review, is NOT an issue. Seeing two people flirt for an instance and one implicated "pretty girl" don't make a sex issue, even 1 on a scale of 5. I highly recommend this movie. In fact, those I went with and others I have spoke to all agree that this one may be better than the first!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylivvy314 January 4, 2011

Great movie for all ages!

love this movie! and absolute must see! the spirtiual things in this movie are absolutley amazing and really pull at your heart. i was crying and trust me, i do not usually cry during movies. the characters in this one were more relatable and the story line was great and the new characters were amazing! they did a great job of depicting aslan as Jesus. the meaning in this one was really deep because "Aslan's country" represented heaven.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycommander720 January 4, 2011

Perfect for ages 10+

Love it! great movie for kids
Parent Written byMontanaMama January 3, 2011
It says alot about what life is like for kids today. There is so much pressure to be adult at too young and age. This movie celebrates that they are growing up and having to let go of several dreams as children. But that the choices they make will either put them on an easier road or a harder road. But either way they will get there.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnime_lover January 3, 2011

Good for tweens who like a bit of action and fantasy

I have been an avid Narnia fan for a couple of years, and I recently went to see the third installment of the Narnia series. This film is great for tweens, with good role models and morals, as well as some fighting and fantasy to keep them entertained. There is one dark part that may be frightening for younger children, as the Pevensie children fight a large sea serpent. The movie met and exceeded my expectations, and I came out satisfied that I had not wasted my time. A great film to watch with the family!