Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for The Climb

Subtitled French romcom adventure has cursing, drugs.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byEfzede January 16, 2019

Families but maybe not kiddies

A nice movie with no harm to sensitive ones, but did not kept my 7 years old boy attention. Also a lot of discrimination coments were written about this move, the real life character being an algerian, represented as with Senegalese origins rather than arab.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bySusan S. March 19, 2018

My son really enjoyed

True, the story, romance and dramatic layout are quite simple, but this is a nice, "pizza-night" film - we all enjoyed watching it together as my son, who hates doing exercise, stated enthusiastically that he'd now like to climb Everest, or at least Kilimanjaro. The main character, his girlfriend and his family are all very sweet. I understand you need to mention the references to marijuana, but you state it so often it sounds like a movie about drug addicts. None of the main characters are seen to be using or interested in drugs. The main character probably drinks a beer or two, but he's over 18 (the minimum age in France)! Really, this is a sweet, even if naive, story, with a positive message about taking on difficult challenges and believing in yourself.
Adult Written byMarcello T. January 24, 2018