All member reviews for The Collector

Grisly horror film is smothered in blood and gore.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez December 1, 2014

not for kids

this horror movie the collector is a waste of time and not worth the time to watch this horror movie is definelty not for kids and parents you need to know that the collector has a lot of intense blood and gore violence that is over the top although there are no sex in this movie there are nudity shown such as breasts that are visible in the club scene there are constant strong language used and some smoking used.
Adult Written bydarthsitkur July 20, 2014

awesome horror flick

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaithamB November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: The Collector

Although a familiar formula. But very clever and entertaining. Horrifying.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 September 28, 2013

Alright, Violent Horror Movie

This is a decent home invasion type horror/thriller type movie. The violence is similar to the Saw movies and is quite brutal and bloody. There is also a couple scenes that involve women's breasts. There is also some language. The movie's plot is alright, but there isn't really a reason why the collector is in the house.
Adult Written bywonder dove September 13, 2012

Not cool.

I love a good horror movie but this one disappointed! I kept waiting for something thrilling to happen, but I found it pretty boring with a strange storyline, in fact I couldn't finish the movie. Lots of gore & strong language, a scene of sexuality. NOT for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 19, 2011

Tweens may be able to handle it,but WATCH OUT for a few bad scenes.

Not that bloody,a lot of the violence seems to be implied but when the violence starts especially 1 hour or so into the film,the film starts to get really intense.One man is gutted(OMG) and another is tortured close to the ends( hung on meat hooks,cut here and there,having bugs put into his wounds,nothing you would want your child to see) I watched this with my little brother and dad at the mvoies when I was 11 since I was bored and thought this would be another mini saw.nothing Dissapointing though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 5, 2011

Not to bad alittle violent though

I did not think it was to bad to get it an r
Teen, 15 years old Written bythecooldude1 February 3, 2011

For very mature teens!

I saw this movie it looked pretty normal but then like everyother movie it had sex/nudity and was completely out of line for 15 and under to see!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMrsJakePitts January 1, 2011

Loved it!!! It's totally for older kids like 17 and older. The plot was very good. And the little touches that the Dricetor put in made a big difference in the movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybdd458 December 23, 2010

Stupidity at its best... Since when is "Oh My God" a swear?
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010

extreme violent.very sexual content and some nudity.strong language.drug
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewer458 August 14, 2010

TWO WORDS.

BAD!!! GOREY!!! DO NOT SEE!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymr.teenreview August 3, 2010

great father-son bond

Parent of a 17 year old Written by1402sexyboy July 26, 2010

very scary not 4 kid's uh i would not watch it that's 4 sure

this movie is scary 4 me that's all i got to say
Adult Written bydudeman123 July 19, 2010

Not bad for horror these days

If you're a fan of horror you need to see this movie. Of course common sense is going to give it a negative review it's bloody. However from a horror standpoint it's not bad, pretty well done and, nothing to complex about it.
Adult Written byDixieKay July 12, 2010

This movie was grose. Too much blood. And violence. I did not even like it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 9, 2010

The Collector review

There really isn't much to say about this movie adult content wise. Sure it was gory, sure it has a couple of "bad" words, sure there's ONE scene with naked breasts (Your kids have seen it trust me). Do those things necessarily make it inappropriate? No, not really. If you can take very graphic and realistic gore (you can if you watched Saw or Hostel), and are old enough to understand the rest of it it should be fine. Teens + I'd say. On the other hand the movie was GREAT! It was a true horror masterpiece. This review is correct when it says it doesn't really contain matter but that's what a good gorefest is about. Plus it has plenty of exciting scenes. Recommended for sure.
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2010

The Collector

Rated R For Pervasive Sadistic Bloody Violence,Language And Some Sexuality/Nudity
Adult Written bybeph September 16, 2009

disgusting and boreing

everything in this movie is gross and unimaginable. the only relief is a "heroic" robber. i cant put down the director and DOP because the film looks well done and lighting really sets the mood. effects are great and the music was well chosen. overall put together well. tipical rules apply for who dies in a gore-fest. predicable from the beginning. why they make movies like this and they are available to the public is beyond me.
Adult Written byjustkylermat August 18, 2009

Gory, Gross, and Confusing

Very gory horror movie about a killer rigging a house to kill everyone in it. The main Person breaks into the house just to find someone else killing the inhabitants. He tries to help the people living there escape. Not for kids, or some adults.