All member reviews for The Cove

Gruesome, powerful, and inspiring dolphin documentary.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. March 5, 2011

Check out my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bykalicwe January 22, 2011

Not for kids younger than 14.

This film galvanized my 16 year-old's interest in conservation and humane treatment of all creatures. The violent images were horrifying, even to me, but my teenager was old enough to discuss the pros and cons of the subject with me, and come to a decision about her own position in this debate.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygobob789 July 31, 2011

Beneficial to Everyone

Great movie, important message. Violence is not as much of an issue as people being unaware of this violence.
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

The lie behind dolphins

The cove is a very sad but inspiring movie about dolphins who are being killed for a bad reason, their meat. Many people didn't know that dolphins are being slaughtered for their meat in which many people don't eat. These people wanted to help the dolphins so they go to where the dolphins are being killed,Taiji, Japan, and try to stop it. It is stopped now but the japanese resume it in September lets stop all of it now.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKayla502802 February 8, 2013

The sad cove

It is inspiring to stop thing that you think is wrong
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshua Kudart January 30, 2013

The Cove Reveiw

This movie was absolutely amazing and sad. I will say there is some bloody and gruesome moments. I would recommend that parents watch this before letting your children watch. This movie stressed me out in many parts and had me on the edge of my seat. I was touched to see all these people go out of their way to save the dolphins. I really enjoyed this movie. I would recommend this to many of my friends.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClancyR January 30, 2013

Good Movie

This was an awsome movie. It was very violent with lots of blood and died Dolphins. It has a very derect message which is is to stop the Dolphin killing in Japan. It is not for young kids because of the violents. It also has some language. To get the video of the dolphins being killed they break lots of laws.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ-man58 January 30, 2013

Cove is a very good movie

I think that this movie is sending a very positive message to stand up for what you believe for and always try to do the right thing. This movie is a very good movie, there were a lot if nail biting parts.. I must say that there are some very cruel parts, for parents I would watch it before showing your kids there are some cruel parts. other then that it is a very good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byB-Capps22 March 11, 2013

Great Movie

The Cove is a movie about dolphins being killed for their meat. The positive role models are the people who are trying to stop the killing if the dolphins. There are gruesome scenes in the movie. I would recommend this movie for ages 11 and up mainly for gruesome. I would give this 3/5 stars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymkohler March 11, 2013

Inspiring

This was very inspirational. It was about the slaughter of dolphins in Japan. It was crazy how all this killing went on and almost nobody knows about it. It is cool how they went so far to show the world what is going on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnnieC January 30, 2013

Dolphins in Taiji

The Cove was about the slaughter of dolphins in Taiji, Japan. It's really sad seeing the killing of the dolphins and the trapping. It was really inspiring and made me really want to help them. This movie is really good for telling the world about dolphin slaughter and mercury poisoning. The world view of this movie is all about fighting for what you believe in. It was kinda sad, but overall it was a good movie.
Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2014

Amazing and Inspiring

This was a little gruesome but I watched it when i was only 8 or 9. But i wanted to see it cuz i wanted to see what was happening to the dolphins in Taiji. I also recomend "blackfish". It's super emotional too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac6 January 30, 2013

The Cove Reveiw

This movie is a very educational movie and has a good message. It is a good movie but not for kids. It has a lot of government education but should first be watched by parents.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong January 30, 2013

Save the dolphins

This is a really good movie. There are people who are breaking law but for a good cause. There is a very violent scene where there is blood and it might be traumatic for some children. Overall very good movie!