All member reviews for The Croods

Teen, 15 years old Written byToonPrincess March 24, 2013

Fun, charming, but a little too violent

I saw "The Croods" a few days ago and I was pretty impressed. It had a good story, a few funny and charming heartwarming moments, an amazing scenery, and a good voice cast. The story is about a family of cavemen who live in a dangerous world where they hide from danger, struggling for survival; and they would rarely go out to hunt for food. One of the cavemen, Eep, (the daughter of the overprotective father of the family named Grug) is tired of hiding and wants to explore the harsh and hostile world. All that changes when Eep meets a guy named Guy, who tells her that the world is about to come to an end, and that they must leave the cave and get to high ground; thus leading to an adventure of fun, survival, and a little bit of disaster (I won't spoil a lot for those who haven't watched it yet.) I was amazed because I had a connection with a character (Eep) who's father never knew how she felt about him. I cried a little because I loved my father but he never loved me back; but during their adventure, they got to bond a little bit, and it showed me that dad's love you too, but they forget to tell you because they're often busy with their lives. Besides the charming scenes... yes, there WAS violence in the movie. When I watched the movie, there were a bunch of little kids (probably 4-6 years old) and their mother sitting beside me, and soon as the violent scenes began (such as the Croods' cave collapsing as the 'world is ending', some sort of whale creature getting eaten by pirahna-bird hybrids (the skull is shown too), a bird getting caught in a trap and being eaten, some chase scenes involving a tiger-like creature named Chunky, and a scary and disastrous climatic scene near the end) the mother and the children left and asked for a refund. You can take your kiddies to see this if you and they are aware that this movie has some scary scenes in it, but don't take them to see it if they can't handle stuff like this.
Kid, 8 years old March 28, 2013

A Very Good Movie

I think The Croods is a good movie and the scariest part is when Grug tries to hurt Guy with rocks and get into tar.I think that it teaches that everyone can have an adventure, but you still have to listen to your parents.
Kid, 9 years old December 8, 2013

Good But Not That Good!

I think this movie may scare little kids like pre school aged kids but the whole story did make sense so that is why it is a good movie! But sometimes there were clips in the movie that made me dizzy!
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2013

It's good,a little peril

Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2013

Good Inspiring Action Comedy with Mild Violence.

"The Croods" is a very laugh out loud animated comedy about one prehistoric family that has survived by the head of the family's (Father's) strict rules, until their his curious daughter meets a young fellow named "Guy". Guy lost his parents in a tragic event and has survived by creating small but smart inventions such as shoes. The family soon leaves "Grug" (the father) and follows their new leader Guy on a wild adventure that teaches the family not to live by "fear". It also brings the family closer together. It is rated "PG" for mild flirting between Eep (Grug's oldest daughter) and Guy and some mild violent themes throughout the movie. I recommend this movie for families with children 6 or older.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE April 25, 2013

The Croods has a Great Message and a Great Story

This movie is a fun movie to see! I went with a school group/club and we all loved it! There is nothing suggestive or anything that is inappropriate but there are some intense moments and peril such as the theme of the world ending and the family being in danger in many scenes which may be to intense for some littler kids. Know how your kid reacts to these things but if you do decided to take, you guys will love it! Trust me!
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

Epic! (Need I say more?)

I thought this movie would be like a little kid film for like 6 year olds but the violence and relationship between eep and guy is more mature. Me and my mom had loads of laughs and at a really emotional bit I nearly cried... It is one of the best films ever for a kid my age (I am 11) and I would surely recommend it to a kid who likes the Ice Age films. All in all, one of the most awesome, best, epic, rocking films I've ever watched. Come on! Make a The Croods no.2!
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd March 21, 2013

finally a 2013 movie thats worth watching

At last finally one of my childhood dreams has come true,for years I have always wanted to see a movie resolving around cavemen in a goofy manner
Kid, 8 years old November 16, 2013

good movie

a good movie.you should not be scared in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviegoer14 November 9, 2013

Moviegoer14: The Croods

Insightful animation. Gorgeous. Heart warming movie, recommended for all ages.
Kid, 8 years old April 14, 2013

Don't be folled

though the croods is G and seems very family friendly ages 4-7 will notice the more rude stuff and all ages could find some scenes very intense just because the croods seems family friendly beware it may very well foll you so be very careful or you could be sending your kids into a trap of nightmares so my point is dont be folled by the friendly trailer so just be careful BYE BYE P.S. the dad is desprate for the grandma to die
Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2013

Wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL, movie!

Just GORGEOUS animation, and a really good plot! A stereotypical teenage girl, but a good message come with it; spending time with your family is special! Not only that, but its really funny! I only suggest it 7 and up because of the humor, younger kids may not get it. Really deserves the title America's Number One Family Movie!
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2013

The Croods

This movie is one of the comical movies ever made. With its amazing sound effects as well as the funny characters, it will take you on an unforgettable journey. With relationship troubles along the way, the story moves on to be a more longer and difficult trip to the place beyond the clouds, named Tomorrow. I would believe that if anyone saw this movies, the would always love it!
Kid, 7 years old April 3, 2013

The Best Movie-Croods!

It was a great movie. There were a lot of parts that were funny. There was a tiger that was afraid of the dark. He blew on the fire to make it go again when he had blown it out himself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 March 23, 2013

Funny, sweet animated comedy has physical gags that work

Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

The Croods a pleasant suprise

The Croods looked terrible to me in the preview. But when I saw it in the theater I was wrong. This movie is funny. All it's violence is slapstick. It is colorful and very creative. I'm glad that I saw it.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2013

The Croods

This movie is really good but parents should know the dad almost gets killed.
Kid, 11 years old April 5, 2013

The Croods

I'm 11 years old and I'm not much of a film person but when my mum made me choose a film to watch at the cinema to get me off my ipod and the laptop during the easter holidays i thought the croods looked best so i went to watch it. The film is about a cave men family who are afraid of everything, especially the dad, except for the daughter Eep. Eep is very adventurous and her dad is always telling her off in case somethings dangerous. She is a very curious character and when she meets Guy, he tells her the world is coming to an end, he's right. The next day the ground trembles and they find a land. There's too many coincedences, like situation where they are obviously going to die but they hardly even get hurt. It could be upsetting for little kids and it even made me start thinking as i've always worried about climate change and if the world will be ok in the future. Eep is sometimes close to guy and it looks like they're about to kiss often but it's appropriate for little kids. A young boy who looked about 5 started crying at one point, but it might have not been about the film. The film was ok. I'd recommened for 7-11 year olds.
Kid, 9 years old March 27, 2013

outstanding movie

I went and seen it with my dad. when he was drawing the dirt looked kinda like blood. but its an awesome movie. if it had 50 stars i would rate it that
Teen, 13 years old Written byninja rsd December 21, 2013

good movie,

great movie realy,my family cant find very many family movies that evrybody likes