All member reviews for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 August 27, 2011

It's pretty good, but reeeaaally long. Granted, it's a life story, and it's no FORREST GUMP (as to say that it's no comedy)...

My rating: PG-13 for smoking throughout, some strong language, suggestive content, and some war violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykillerlooksproduc January 14, 2009

something worth thinking about.

this movie was surreal. took back to the early 1920,you could feel the vibe of that time in the world. from the extraordinary custom designs,color tone and set designs. Visual effects are incredible! you won't even notice them. Brad Pitt takes his acting to a new level.its very sad,inspiring and beautiful. with some real funny laughs here and there. it is a bit long,but don't let that stop you from seeing it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytchaikovsky December 18, 2010

This was an amazing, yet upsetting movie. I enjoyed it very much mainly because of the interesting and unique storyline.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 July 9, 2015

Benjamin Button

This is my favorite romance movie and it is the only movie that made me cry oh my gosh it is one of the best movies ever made. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett were great together in this amazing romantic film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlice Wonders April 24, 2015

Timeless

A charming story that brings people closer.Aging in reverse made Benjamin see the world like child through adult eyes and having compassion and bravery.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFilmFanatic November 22, 2011

Very touching but explores themes of death and loss.

This is a truly beautiful movie. It deeply discusses the possibilities of life, death and love. What parents need to know is that , though touching this movie discusses some subjects that may either disturb or bore a young child or Tweens. The movie IS a little over 2 hours long and in some parts it does tend drag on a bit. know your child. If he or she is bored easily or prefers high paced action , skip this. If your child is mature enough to handle themes of death and life and love , and enjoys slow paced deep thought movies... This is a must see. There are quite a number a scenes in this movie with sex or innuendo, but nothing is explicitly shown. - A man goes to a brothel. Sex is implied. A man asks another man if he can still "get it up". A mans butt is shown briefly. A woman dances suggestively in front of a man and discusses sex. The man declines her offer. A man has an 'affair' with a married woman. They kiss and sex is implied numerous times. A woman tells a man to "sleep with her" and the man happily accepts. Sex is implied. In one scene a man and a woman settle into their new home... Throughout this scene sex is implied often but quickly. No nudity. A man and a woman lie in bed together. Nudity is implied but nothing explicit is shown. Volence is rare in this movie. There are only a few 'bloody' scenes to watch for. There is a shoot out on two boats. We see the captian die, there are multiple gunshot wounds on his chest. We hear that aside from 2 men, the rest of the crew died. A woman is hit by a car. Not graphic. The rest of the 'violence' is mainly the natural death of old people. We here that people die often in an old age home. An old woman dies on camera. A baby closes it's eyes. Death is implied. Most of the deaths are not violent but can be sad and disturbing. There are a few minor vulgarities in the movie. The most shocking and memorable however, is f-ck said by a young boy. According to the plot, however the boy is really an older man. All in all a fine movie for mature teens/Tweens who can handle elements of death, loss and love. I personally found the movie very touching and enjoyed not only the plot , but also the superb acting and visual effects!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 12, 2011

The Curious Case is an excellent case of moviemaking.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is an inventive film based in part off of F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1920's short story. The idea is creative and the movie uses visual effects and makeup for more meaningful things than what special effects are mostly used for these days, fight scenes. Epic and affectionate storytelling at its finest. A triumph for director David Fincher, mostly known for his thrillers (Se7en, Zodiac, Panic Room) now takes on a more gentle subject matter and does it just as well. Note to parents: There is some near-sex scenes, some brief war violence, and language, but nothing truly damaging for teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNirvana Girl April 2, 2011

One of My Favorite Movies. Ever.

It was probably one of the greatest movies EVER. It really makes you think, you know? My mum and I had a really good time watching it...
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

i luv this movie!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check out my page for more great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

I love it how Bradd Pitt went from old to young. A good movie that seems to be romantic. However, it is sad to see Bradd in his final hours as a baby. Some sex scenes you should watch out for.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. September 12, 2010

Perfect movie with depth!

This was an excellent, epic movie probably being compared to the likes of Forrest Gump and more iconic, remembered-for-decades movies. By "epic" movie, I mean it's epic in an amazing sense, but it's also 2 hours and 45 minutes, which makes it a little long for a family movie night or to watch from start to end on a school night, which was sort of attempted, and finished the next day. Anyways, it was great! Perfect movie with depth!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byboredgrl August 2, 2010

I started watching this movie with a friend. It got so boring throughout Benjamin's transformation, we stopped the movie about halfway through. We never even got to the part when Brad Pitt actually looked like Brad Pitt...
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010

This movie was awesome!! It was very well put out because usually a 3-hour movie about a man's life would not be exciting. There was always something happening and always great actors/actresses! I would suggest this film to older kids or mature kids because younger kids may find it boring from the lack of action.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLinkin Park vs.... June 27, 2010

um...

i do have to admit the plot is acceptable but when i saw it i though.. no offense... but how much time till this movie is over? i thought it was kind of boring
Teen, 13 years old Written byno ur a towel June 20, 2010

My favorite drama!

Really, really, good!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

deep!

too much icky stuff, but it was really deep
Teen, 14 years old Written byLucas. April 11, 2010

nice story, Too much sex

There is WAY too much sex. But overall the message of the story is that love should be unconditional. And Daisy's example of loyalty is shown througout the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 8, 2010

Too mature for kids under 13-14

towards the beginning of this movie, the secenes may be too hard to follow for kids under thirteen. the mother dies almost immediately after haven given birth to a child; who is aging backwards. the movie follows a boy (who appears old) growing into a man (who appears younger as time progresses). As he falls in love with Daisy, they buy a house and there are frequent sex scenes. in the middle of the movie the ship where benjamin is working was attacked ruthlessly. there is gunfire, and at the end of the battle the captain has blood all over him. it was a good movie for kids ages fourteen and up; but if you're younger I wouldn't advise you to see it.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Best movie ever!

Wonderful film! Very romantic, beautiful scenery, so heartwarming and agonizingly painful! So sweet! My name is Caroline, just like the daughter so that was a plus for me. Wonderful job and great direction. Some violent war scenes, I had to leave the room, but no guns, etc.