All member reviews for The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Compelling drama takes on big life questions.

Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2010
This movie was awesome!! It was very well put out because usually a 3-hour movie about a man's life would not be exciting. There was always something happening and always great actors/actresses! I would suggest this film to older kids or mature kids because younger kids may find it boring from the lack of action.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLinkin Park vs.... June 27, 2010

um...

i do have to admit the plot is acceptable but when i saw it i though.. no offense... but how much time till this movie is over? i thought it was kind of boring
Teen, 13 years old Written byno ur a towel June 20, 2010

My favorite drama!

Really, really, good!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMeow314159 May 31, 2010

deep!

too much icky stuff, but it was really deep
Teen, 14 years old Written byLucas. April 11, 2010

nice story, Too much sex

There is WAY too much sex. But overall the message of the story is that love should be unconditional. And Daisy's example of loyalty is shown througout the movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 8, 2010

Too mature for kids under 13-14

towards the beginning of this movie, the secenes may be too hard to follow for kids under thirteen. the mother dies almost immediately after haven given birth to a child; who is aging backwards. the movie follows a boy (who appears old) growing into a man (who appears younger as time progresses). As he falls in love with Daisy, they buy a house and there are frequent sex scenes. in the middle of the movie the ship where benjamin is working was attacked ruthlessly. there is gunfire, and at the end of the battle the captain has blood all over him. it was a good movie for kids ages fourteen and up; but if you're younger I wouldn't advise you to see it.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Best movie ever!

Wonderful film! Very romantic, beautiful scenery, so heartwarming and agonizingly painful! So sweet! My name is Caroline, just like the daughter so that was a plus for me. Wonderful job and great direction. Some violent war scenes, I had to leave the room, but no guns, etc.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLatifaAngel September 22, 2009

teens

it countins tons of bad scenes i regret that i showed it to my sisters! i didnt know that it wa that bad! so i went out of the middle of the movie':o
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2009

12 and older would be fine :)

i liked the movie,it's a good movie but it's PG13 but i say 12 and older because since my mom is very extremly strict about watching a PG13 movie, but after my mom watched it, she said it was real good movie and actually let me watch it so i say 12 and older would be fine.
Kid, 10 years old September 14, 2009

great film, too much sex.

This movie is obviously a great movie, but also has no business with kids under 10. Too much sex and drinking. Sex is actually one of the main issues of this fil. More than 15 sexually related things happen in this movie. Otherwise, see it, it's awesome!
Parent of a 9, 11, and 17 year old Written by4mykids August 23, 2009

A very long big bore. Not suitable for young teens and young kids.

It takes too long in the beginning to get to the guts of the story. The old woman in the hospital is oftentimes very difficult to understand. The story itself is probably a good one but it takes too long to tell and there are roo many random scenes that do not add benefit. Overall a big bore. The sexual scenes are not too bad... no nudity... but I wouldn't let my 11 yr old watch it. The scenes go just enough over the edge that kids should not be seeing it.
Parent Written byMelodyMV August 14, 2009

Not just another movie based off a book

If you have the opportunity to read F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story The Curious Case of Benjamin Button before watching this movie of its namesake, I highly recommend you do so. If not, you should consider reading it as the short story begins and ends far differently than the movie. After reading the short story and then watching the film, I did see where the inspiration for this great movie derived. There's a type of character growth in Benjamin and sacrifices made are far more sympathetic than of the its original story. This movie carried along its characters with thought, humor, and care, something that was more of a dark humor in Fitzgerald's story. The Case Of Benjamin Button is a beautifully done movie, and although it bore my 9-year old niece to sleep, the teenagers were remained curious throughout the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byk-man_922 July 28, 2009

Trying to hard to be "Titanic"

Benjamin Button is an epic love story, one of two, its just the other one is the highest grossing film of all time. And like Titanic, BB is boring and way to long (almost three hours!!), it only gets memorable when showcasing the huge special effects. I expected more from David Fincher.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMjhastings July 7, 2009

A slow moving movie, but a great storyline.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. A movie about a child born old, and jnstead of aging, gets younger. This movie reminded me of both Forrest Gump and Titanic. Now, this film is a slow-moving flick, so kids may be bored by the lack of action in it. Some things to watch out for include primarily sexual scenes. There is some subsatnce usage in this film, and violence shouldn't be a problem. There is a scene where a tug boat is attacked by a German U-Boat, this may be intense to young viewers (8 or younger), but if your child has seen any of the Star Wars films and handled them fine, they should be good. Language shouldn't be much of a concern, but watch out for a 12 year old kid dropping the f bomb towards the end. Finally, we look at the sex/nudity. Towards the end, there is a scene where the main characters are engaging in sexual intercourse, and this is shown from a distance, as it also happens at other places too. An "old" man goes to a whore house, but nothing explicit is shown. Close to the very end, a woman and man have sex, nothing is shown but the woman in her undergarments getting dressed. Overall, this movie isn't the most exciting movie, but if your child has seen either Titanic or Forrest Gump, they should be fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 11, 2009

the curious and great case of benjamin button.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was one of the best films of 2008 and is a feat is special effects and has a great story full of adventures for it's key character.
Parent of an infant year old Written bygrrlie16 June 10, 2009
Adult Written byerbear89 June 8, 2009

You should think twice before going with a teen.

In the first hour and a half, the main character has sex with three different women. That's just way over the top, and comletely uncalled for. Then you add inappropriate words on top. Way too mature for younger audiences.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySaraEmily1 May 14, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written bystarman May 11, 2009

AMAZING!!!

the best movie i have ever seen
Kid, 12 years old May 10, 2009

Depressing but AMAZING

I am twelve and I just saw the movie today. I was crying and crying and crying and 5 minutes. It was SO SAD! I had to leave the room every now and then because it was SO DEPRESSING! My aunt who is 27 said she felt like jumping off a bridge after she saw it. It is EXTREMELY GOOD though. When you are under 14, you can watch it because it IS APPROPRIATE, but hard to handle. I don't think I should have been watching it, but the overall movie does get an A+! It was very touching and emotional, so if you can take those kind of movies, you will love this.