All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 14 years old Written byscoobyjack8 July 20, 2012

Messed up values

Since when is it rude to show 'bare shoulders'. Americans have mixed up values. No kids, you can't see any part of the human body other than arms and the face, go and watch brutal violence instead. Yes 9-yr-old you can't watch Batman because you'll see Anne Hathaway's shoulders, the violent scenes are GREAT for you though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 July 19, 2012

OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOODNESS.

ME AND MY BROTHER ARE OBSESSED. Period. Like, he has been waiting on this movie for years. Just the grandeur and depth of it I LOVE. It's dark. And so thought provoking. "Some men just want to watch the world burn." That is my favorite quote ever. End of story. Seriously how CAN'T THIS BE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?!?!?!?! All my friends are like "Omg did you see the new Spiderman?" And all I'm like is "Y'all are idiots." Every other superhero can go live in the woods for all I care (except for Captain America, I'm gonna marry him one day). BATMAN IS THE BEST. HE HAS NO POWERS. YET HE CAN KICK ANYONE'S BUTT. I love Anne Hathaway, I love her for this role. Bane: Omgoodness don't get me started. He is freaking terrifying! The best villain yet! (Nothing against Joker, he's flipping awesome.) Bane is synonymous for misery. Golly, I LOVE wordplay. But seriously, you better start hauling some serious butt and get yourself into a theater NOW!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydevin200 July 19, 2012

Perfectly Appropriate for Teens- Common Sense Over Plays it Again.

This isn't a romance movie. There's kissing, sure, but nothing out of the ordinary or innapropriate. Common Sense makes it sound like Batman is spending more time in the bedroom than out in the streets, fighting off crime. He's not. It's perfectly appropriate. The main villain isn't at all scary- a lot less scary then Dark Night's Joker. Don't worry, your kids won't wake up with nightmares from the shiny bald head and cheeseball gas mask. Dark Night Rises is a fun action movie. Sure, there is more violence in it than some superhero movies, but almost all teens can handle that. I mean, we've grown up watching violent things. Anyone under 12 or 13 may be a little unsettled by the up-close neck snapping and such. It depends what they can handle. Dark Night Rises is a great movie for all teens and adults. I recommend it.
Written byAnonymous April 22, 2013

The End of an Era

The ending of this epic saga is brilliant. Though less physiologically brutal than it's predecessor, this makes up for it in a massive body count. There are several intense scenes, but it is manageable for most 13 year olds. The sex is almost completely implied, but it is present. Batman is a very positive model, he overcomes massive adversity (spinal fracture, with a gruesome recovery method) to achieve good. On the whole, the film is a dark one, but very manageable for 13 year olds.
Parent Written byThoughtful parent April 18, 2013

Sickened by the body count and non-stop violence.

Extremely violent. Made me feel sick actually. Nothing like the inspirational first movie "Batman Begins." Don't let your kids see it.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 1, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT RISE IS AN AWESOME!

The Dark Knight Rise is so perfect!
Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Educator and Parent Written byAllen Wang March 28, 2013

Batman Rises

I Think, The Movie "The Dark Knight Rises" Should Not Be Suitable For Yo ung Children And So, I Demand Parents To Not Let Their Children Watch "The Dark Knight Rises"! Parents, Thank You For Your Concern For Your Children's Safety And Always Protect Them Against Violence, Sex, Langu age And Drinking Drugs And Smoking!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypml July 28, 2012

Don't do this to your tweens!!

Not for any kids under 14, 16 would be better. And that's if you talk it out first. If you have any thoughts about this just study a little bit about brain development and you will see why.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 16, 2014

The Dark Knight Rises movie review

"Superman III", "X-Men: The Last Stand", and "Spider-Man 3" were all examples of the third movie in a superhero franchise being bad. "The Dark Knight Rises" was a counterexample to the belief that the third movie in a superhero series would be disastrous. I really anticipated this movie. My expectations were met. "The Dark Knight Rises" is non-stop action from scene one. One of the things I loved about this movie was the character of Bruce Wayne/Batman. Despite the fact that he was in this movie the least out of the trilogy, I thought his character was really interesting. In the first movie in "The Dark Knight" trilogy known as "Batman Begins", he was having trouble finding out his identity. In "The Dark Knight", he was battling the Joker psychologically. For the first time ever, Batman is physically challenged. Bane is Batman's worst nightmare. The character of Bane is so menacing. Christopher Nolan did a great job developing Tom Hardy into the character of Bane. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane like Christian Bale is the perfect Batman. When Bruce Wayne was thrown in the prison, it reminded me of when he fell into the well as a child in "Batman Begins". Nolan was trying to make a connection there. He really is a genius. I was so surprised by how emotional this movie went. There is so much emotion with the character of Batman. To me it felt the most emotional of the trilogy. The movie has so many good supporting roles. Anne Hathaway was a great Catwoman. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is amazing as Detective John Blake. Finally, Gary Oldman is a great Commissioner Gordon. The action in this movie is incredible. I think it had best action in the trilogy. The ending to "The Dark Knight Rises" is just perfect. I couldn't have thought of a better ending. Many people hate this movie saying that it has way too many plot-holes. I disagree. Most of the plot-holes were answered. Also, people hate this movie because it wasn't as good as "The Dark Knight". They are right in the comparison, but that is no reason to hate this movie. "The Dark Knight Rises" is such an emotional journey. It is so much fun to watch and it was my favorite movie of 2012. I would say that from "The Dark Knight" trilogy that "The Dark Knight" was my favorite and then "The Dark Knight Rises" and then finally "Batman Begins". "The Dark Knight" trilogy is my second favorite movie trilogy of all time just behind "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. "The Dark Knight Rises" and its two predecessors are not just entertainment, but masterpieces of cinema.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

I like it.

Great adventure,tons of fun,a nice great story,it's just so good,lots of action,it's a great thing,and it's so awesome all the way now,THE DARK NIGHT RISES! Haha! Get it! My review is very similar to MLP:FiM theme song (i'm a die-hard brony.)
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2012

The dark knight rises

If you think batman couldnt get darker you were way off. There are so many violent things here: neck breaking, stabbing, shooting, people fall through ice into freezing water and die, a little torture (on and off screen) and some sad scenes. Some of you may be wondering who dies (I wont tell you though;) but people do die. Really good but not for kids under 12 or 13
Educator Written byPrairie Teacher July 31, 2012

Terrorism and torture, reel-to-reel. Get a babysitter!

The number one thing I would tell parents of children eager to see this is the following: if a movie is "about" whatever you see the most of on screen, then this movie is about an army of terrorists blowing up buildings, shooting at citizens and police with automatic weapons, and brutally breaking their necks and backs. It's not about Batman saving the day (although he does), as much as an extremely violent and dark portrayal of psychotic anarchists ruling through terror. I loved the movie, but when I saw parents bringing their five-year olds, I was pretty shocked and disappointed. This isn't "cartoon superhero violence"-- it's realistic and pervasive war-movie violence, albeit without much blood. It's definitely not for anyone under 12, and young teenagers should see it with a parent with whom they can talk about the amount of shootings, bombings, neck-breakings.
Adult Written bysouljaboysuckz July 29, 2012

Very violent

The movie has lots of shoot outs; fights.
Adult Written bympeters440 July 28, 2012

My gorge rises

sickeningly violent in a fight scene between Bane and Batman. It went beyond "fun" to just torturous. The storyline plodded. The best part, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, was a bright spot in the movie. Had a hard time understanding Bane due to his mask/accent. Plus the constant security checks by theater personnel during the showing made for a constant distraction. We left 2 hours in when Wayne was watching TV in prison. Miserable end to the trilogy.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovie_Critic July 24, 2012

LEARNING

The Batman Definitely Rises

I absolutely loved this film! I thought it was spectacular and near life changing. If you have been following the Batman series of movies, this one was a knock out. With constant twists and turns, it kept the audience on their feet the entire time. Be careful when taking your kids because there is a lot of violence, not inappropriately but mostly many scenes of Batman destroying buildings, guns, murder, a fist-fight scene, betrayal, and thievery.
Parent Written byJanet A. July 24, 2012

Review

Good film, but won't be taking the kids after what happened in Colorado.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 22, 2012

Best in the Trilogy and one of the Greatest Movies of All-Time!

The Dark Knight Rises is a truly epic conclusion to the Batman legend. Without spoiling anything, the ending caught me by surprise and was a spectacular twist. It was simply the best ending to a movie I have ever seen in my life. And with " The Dark Knight " being its predecessor and Nolan's " Inception ", there was a lot expected out of it. But Nolan's final installment prevails with a spectacular, emotional, gritty, and legendary finale. He adds all kinds of brilliant twists that catch you off guard and will blow you away. Lets talk about the preformances. Astounding! Every one of these actors that i am about to list should get at least an Oscar Nomination. I am dead serious! These are some of the best performances I have ever seen in a movie. Christian Bale is unbelievable and is his by far best performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman and his best performance ever! Michael Caine is fantastic as usuall as Alfred and delivers some of the most emotional scenes in the film. Tom Hardy is amazing as Bane with his original Darth Vader/Hannibal Lechter/Sean Connery voice and his gut quinching lines. Morgan Freeman is awesome as Lucious Fox and now thankfully gets more screentime in the film and delivers one of the best performances in the film. Thank you for casting Anne Hathaway! She is the best Catwoman ever played in a movie by far and plays the nemesis/ally role how it should be played. She delivers a serious yet comicly relieving performance to the film and should definatly get noticed by the Academy. And finally Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake who gives a riveting and gripping performance to the character. Overall expect to see lots of nominations for Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The original score by Hans Zimmer is spectacular and should win an Oscar for best Original Score due to his phenomenal work. The visuals are stunning as usuall for a Christopher Nolan film. Finally, Give it up to Christopher Nolan for his outstanding work for the Trilogy that will no dout go up in film history and history itself. We will all be looking for his face when the Oscar Nominations spring up for Best Director. We owe it all up to him. All parents need to know about the film is that there is some violence including explosions, fight scenes and mayhem and there is some mild sensuality and some language. Overall, this astounding film is definatly Oscar worthy and is simply one of the greatest films of all-time. Our hearts our out to the families who lost a loved-one in the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado Thursday night at the Midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises. Please pray that God be with those families in this hard time.