All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 14 years old Written byscoobyjack8 July 20, 2012

Messed up values

Since when is it rude to show 'bare shoulders'. Americans have mixed up values. No kids, you can't see any part of the human body other than arms and the face, go and watch brutal violence instead. Yes 9-yr-old you can't watch Batman because you'll see Anne Hathaway's shoulders, the violent scenes are GREAT for you though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 July 19, 2012

OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOODNESS.

ME AND MY BROTHER ARE OBSESSED. Period. Like, he has been waiting on this movie for years. Just the grandeur and depth of it I LOVE. It's dark. And so thought provoking. "Some men just want to watch the world burn." That is my favorite quote ever. End of story. Seriously how CAN'T THIS BE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?!?!?!?! All my friends are like "Omg did you see the new Spiderman?" And all I'm like is "Y'all are idiots." Every other superhero can go live in the woods for all I care (except for Captain America, I'm gonna marry him one day). BATMAN IS THE BEST. HE HAS NO POWERS. YET HE CAN KICK ANYONE'S BUTT. I love Anne Hathaway, I love her for this role. Bane: Omgoodness don't get me started. He is freaking terrifying! The best villain yet! (Nothing against Joker, he's flipping awesome.) Bane is synonymous for misery. Golly, I LOVE wordplay. But seriously, you better start hauling some serious butt and get yourself into a theater NOW!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydevin200 July 19, 2012

Perfectly Appropriate for Teens- Common Sense Over Plays it Again.

This isn't a romance movie. There's kissing, sure, but nothing out of the ordinary or innapropriate. Common Sense makes it sound like Batman is spending more time in the bedroom than out in the streets, fighting off crime. He's not. It's perfectly appropriate. The main villain isn't at all scary- a lot less scary then Dark Night's Joker. Don't worry, your kids won't wake up with nightmares from the shiny bald head and cheeseball gas mask. Dark Night Rises is a fun action movie. Sure, there is more violence in it than some superhero movies, but almost all teens can handle that. I mean, we've grown up watching violent things. Anyone under 12 or 13 may be a little unsettled by the up-close neck snapping and such. It depends what they can handle. Dark Night Rises is a great movie for all teens and adults. I recommend it.
Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Parent Written byThoughtful parent April 18, 2013

Sickened by the body count and non-stop violence.

Extremely violent. Made me feel sick actually. Nothing like the inspirational first movie "Batman Begins." Don't let your kids see it.
Adult Written byTrami Nguyen August 1, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT RISE IS AN AWESOME!

The Dark Knight Rise is so perfect!
Parent Written byJanet A. July 24, 2012

Review

Good film, but won't be taking the kids after what happened in Colorado.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

I like it.

Great adventure,tons of fun,a nice great story,it's just so good,lots of action,it's a great thing,and it's so awesome all the way now,THE DARK NIGHT RISES! Haha! Get it! My review is very similar to MLP:FiM theme song (i'm a die-hard brony.)
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypml July 28, 2012

Don't do this to your tweens!!

Not for any kids under 14, 16 would be better. And that's if you talk it out first. If you have any thoughts about this just study a little bit about brain development and you will see why.
Adult Written bympeters440 July 28, 2012

My gorge rises

sickeningly violent in a fight scene between Bane and Batman. It went beyond "fun" to just torturous. The storyline plodded. The best part, Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, was a bright spot in the movie. Had a hard time understanding Bane due to his mask/accent. Plus the constant security checks by theater personnel during the showing made for a constant distraction. We left 2 hours in when Wayne was watching TV in prison. Miserable end to the trilogy.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byerica921 August 8, 2015
Educator and Parent Written byAllen Wang March 28, 2013

Batman Rises

I Think, The Movie "The Dark Knight Rises" Should Not Be Suitable For Yo ung Children And So, I Demand Parents To Not Let Their Children Watch "The Dark Knight Rises"! Parents, Thank You For Your Concern For Your Children's Safety And Always Protect Them Against Violence, Sex, Langu age And Drinking Drugs And Smoking!
Adult Written bysouljaboysuckz July 29, 2012

Very violent

The movie has lots of shoot outs; fights.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 22, 2012

Best in the Trilogy and one of the Greatest Movies of All-Time!

The Dark Knight Rises is a truly epic conclusion to the Batman legend. Without spoiling anything, the ending caught me by surprise and was a spectacular twist. It was simply the best ending to a movie I have ever seen in my life. And with " The Dark Knight " being its predecessor and Nolan's " Inception ", there was a lot expected out of it. But Nolan's final installment prevails with a spectacular, emotional, gritty, and legendary finale. He adds all kinds of brilliant twists that catch you off guard and will blow you away. Lets talk about the preformances. Astounding! Every one of these actors that i am about to list should get at least an Oscar Nomination. I am dead serious! These are some of the best performances I have ever seen in a movie. Christian Bale is unbelievable and is his by far best performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman and his best performance ever! Michael Caine is fantastic as usuall as Alfred and delivers some of the most emotional scenes in the film. Tom Hardy is amazing as Bane with his original Darth Vader/Hannibal Lechter/Sean Connery voice and his gut quinching lines. Morgan Freeman is awesome as Lucious Fox and now thankfully gets more screentime in the film and delivers one of the best performances in the film. Thank you for casting Anne Hathaway! She is the best Catwoman ever played in a movie by far and plays the nemesis/ally role how it should be played. She delivers a serious yet comicly relieving performance to the film and should definatly get noticed by the Academy. And finally Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake who gives a riveting and gripping performance to the character. Overall expect to see lots of nominations for Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The original score by Hans Zimmer is spectacular and should win an Oscar for best Original Score due to his phenomenal work. The visuals are stunning as usuall for a Christopher Nolan film. Finally, Give it up to Christopher Nolan for his outstanding work for the Trilogy that will no dout go up in film history and history itself. We will all be looking for his face when the Oscar Nominations spring up for Best Director. We owe it all up to him. All parents need to know about the film is that there is some violence including explosions, fight scenes and mayhem and there is some mild sensuality and some language. Overall, this astounding film is definatly Oscar worthy and is simply one of the greatest films of all-time. Our hearts our out to the families who lost a loved-one in the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado Thursday night at the Midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises. Please pray that God be with those families in this hard time.
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Adult Written byartist April 18, 2015
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 7, 2012

14 and up.

this third and final installment batman The Dark Knight Rises is the best batman movie ever filled with lots of action but parents due to the violence in this movie is because of a terrible tragedy of a shoot out that happen at the movie theater in Colorado when the movie batman came out so parents be sure to talk to your kids about the tragedy before you let your kids watch batman the dark knight rises and parents you need to know that The Dark Knight Rises has a lot of intense violence some mild language used and some drinking used the role models are that bruce is a rich man with some nifty gadgets and an extraordinary need to protect the citizens of Gotham as well as avenge the anger that drives him and John Blake is an upstanding, responsible, loyal cop who always tries his best to do the right thing. Selina Kyle starts off as just a ruthless jewel thief, but her interactions with Batman/Bruce help her become less selfish and more helpful. Bruce's two mentors and friends, Alfred and Mr. Fox, are loyal and loving toward him. Bane is cruel and callous.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2012

The dark knight rises

If you think batman couldnt get darker you were way off. There are so many violent things here: neck breaking, stabbing, shooting, people fall through ice into freezing water and die, a little torture (on and off screen) and some sad scenes. Some of you may be wondering who dies (I wont tell you though;) but people do die. Really good but not for kids under 12 or 13
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovie_Critic July 24, 2012

The Batman Definitely Rises

I absolutely loved this film! I thought it was spectacular and near life changing. If you have been following the Batman series of movies, this one was a knock out. With constant twists and turns, it kept the audience on their feet the entire time. Be careful when taking your kids because there is a lot of violence, not inappropriately but mostly many scenes of Batman destroying buildings, guns, murder, a fist-fight scene, betrayal, and thievery.