All member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Bale's final Batman is as gritty and dark as the first two.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 July 19, 2012

OH. MY. FLIPPING. GOODNESS.

ME AND MY BROTHER ARE OBSESSED. Period. Like, he has been waiting on this movie for years. Just the grandeur and depth of it I LOVE. It's dark. And so thought provoking. "Some men just want to watch the world burn." That is my favorite quote ever. End of story. Seriously how CAN'T THIS BE YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE?!?!?!?! All my friends are like "Omg did you see the new Spiderman?" And all I'm like is "Y'all are idiots." Every other superhero can go live in the woods for all I care (except for Captain America, I'm gonna marry him one day). BATMAN IS THE BEST. HE HAS NO POWERS. YET HE CAN KICK ANYONE'S BUTT. I love Anne Hathaway, I love her for this role. Bane: Omgoodness don't get me started. He is freaking terrifying! The best villain yet! (Nothing against Joker, he's flipping awesome.) Bane is synonymous for misery. Golly, I LOVE wordplay. But seriously, you better start hauling some serious butt and get yourself into a theater NOW!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bydevin200 July 19, 2012

Perfectly Appropriate for Teens- Common Sense Over Plays it Again.

This isn't a romance movie. There's kissing, sure, but nothing out of the ordinary or innapropriate. Common Sense makes it sound like Batman is spending more time in the bedroom than out in the streets, fighting off crime. He's not. It's perfectly appropriate. The main villain isn't at all scary- a lot less scary then Dark Night's Joker. Don't worry, your kids won't wake up with nightmares from the shiny bald head and cheeseball gas mask. Dark Night Rises is a fun action movie. Sure, there is more violence in it than some superhero movies, but almost all teens can handle that. I mean, we've grown up watching violent things. Anyone under 12 or 13 may be a little unsettled by the up-close neck snapping and such. It depends what they can handle. Dark Night Rises is a great movie for all teens and adults. I recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byscoobyjack8 July 20, 2012

Messed up values

Since when is it rude to show 'bare shoulders'. Americans have mixed up values. No kids, you can't see any part of the human body other than arms and the face, go and watch brutal violence instead. Yes 9-yr-old you can't watch Batman because you'll see Anne Hathaway's shoulders, the violent scenes are GREAT for you though!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySecretMeVladimir July 20, 2012

Epic final

This movie is awesome!
Adult Written bybatmanyeah! July 20, 2012

Ugh. dumb review.

really, the first thing they talk about is the level of violence? The film has so many aspects one could talk about. And Batman, for his level of determination, sacrifice and sufferage, is not a positive role model? I'm trying not to swear to describe the writer so for the sake of child owners I will call him a "poopyface".
Teen, 14 years old Written byjdog97 July 21, 2012

A fantastic final installment to the Nolan Trilogy

With 2008's "The Dark Knight" as its predecessor, this film had a lot to live up to. And it is very successful. A+ movie, I enjoyed watching this entertaining, completely immersing film until the ending, which makes this film what it is... Fantastic. I won't say much, as to not spoil the film, but it has a very satisfying ending. A quality ending to a quality trilogy. Of course, people could point out the lack of intelligence and charm in this film that we all remember back in 2008 brought by the late Heath Ledger, but his absence doesn't really detract from the film, as Tom Hardy plays the terrifying Bane, who should be considered one of the great movie villains, right up there with Heath Ledger's Joker. Great job by Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and especially Anne Hathaway. (Expect to see a lot of nominations for those three.) And props go to Hans Zimmer as well, for providing us with the excellent score. But the genius behind it all is Director Christopher Nolan, who really puts it all together, and makes his trilogy one of the greatest in film making history. Christopher Nolan and crew, you've outdone yourself. Excellent job.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 July 20, 2012

One of the best movies ever made

It was amazing. Go see it when you can. Good for the average teen
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

This was not nearly as good as the last one. The Joker was overall a better villian than Bane. Even though I like Bane better in the comics, Joker was represented better in film. There was some violence, sensuality, and cussing. But overall this was less mature than the other two. But some kids might not be able to handle the 3hrs, speaking that about 1/3 of it is slow dialouge.
Adult Written bySlaidlaw July 20, 2012

good but needs for comedie for the best movie

the movie was awesome but there are some isusues like violence, now thats an issue. there are alot of explosives and alittle torture but it was awesome i would rate for kids 9 and under. but this wasent the best move because it was not really funny i loved the dark knight, now that was very funny, because of the joker
Teen, 13 years old Written byMurasakiDragon July 20, 2012

SO AWESOME

The Dark Knight Rises was one of the best movies I've ever seen... maybe because I haven't seen a lot of movies, but either way, this movie is awesome! I watched it the day before it came out (xD I'm special), in an IMAX theater. The action scenes were amazing. There was a lot of violence right from the start, but that's what made the movie interesting! This movie really got to me and made me think... the characters were epic and their stories were interesting, I almost cried! My friend and I were spazzing out at the end, OMG it was so amazing... DO NOT MISS THIS MOVIE.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 23, 2012

Dark Knight great movie, Not for 12 and under

This movie is appropriate for teens and adults. Kids and pre-teens should not see these movies. Parents really should know that these movies are not fun batman movies in the style of Adam West or Michael Keaton (which is still pretty dark, not for younger kids). These movies are dark, and they have a lot of really tough, mature questions. Before taking your child to a movie like this, you have to ask yourself how you are teaching your child to view and process violence. Movies like this do not cause awful occurrences like the Colorado massacre, but we as a society are increasingly exposing our youth to mature themes in a way that really downplays the seriousness of real life violence. There is a difference between implied violence, especially in animated movies and graphic violence as depicted in the Dark Knight trilogy. Please use caution when making decisions on what you are showing to your children, because you give your stamp of approval to everything they see.
Adult Written byrubberband July 20, 2012

Know Your Child

This is a spectacular movie, but may not be right for younger audiences. Ok, first, love. Batman kisses two women, and there is a scene where he is shirtless on the floor and Miranda Tate is topless but fully covered in a blanket. Nothing a normal seven year old couldn't handle. Violence. Neck snapping that is terribly bad. Men falling down in a firefight. Bane and Batman wrestling. A couple men that get shot. These are to be expected. I have an eleven year old brother who was crushed when he didn't get to go see it at the midnight premiere. But there were some deaths that were a bit too intense, even for kids who have grown up with this kind of violence (a note to devin200, just because we have been desensitized doesn't mean we can recklessly continue watching violent movies). There are men that are forced to walk to their deaths on a frozen river. Officers are shot and strung up for the world to see on one of Gotham's broken bridges. There is a frighteningly psychotic feel to this movie that is spectacular social commentary, but it may be lost on small children. Positive messages and role models. This is something that I feel was done very well. Batman ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to save his city. James Blake is a cop/detective driven to do the best that he possibly can. They both act very selflessly, trying to protect Gotham and stand up for what they each believe in. In the end, it really depends on the kind of child you have. I would have been terrified of this movie when I was 13, but I likely would have understood the messages. My brother is the opposite. Know your child, what they are comfortable with, and what you want them to come away from this movie with.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNate37 July 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

The Dark Knight Rises is a good action movie, but it is darker than most other superhero films. Theres lots of violence, and the villain, Bane, could be a little scary for kids under 13. He breaks a couple peoples necks, blows things up with bombs, and is very savage and brutal, but not as scary as the joker. Teens will enjoy it but most kids under 13 could be scared.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2012

Awesome

This was a really good movie. I jumped in my seat a couple times, but nonetheless It was awesome. There is some violent stabbing though so that may be a little iffy.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

Encredible, violent masterpeice has just as much gritt and gore as the last one.

This is a wonderfully crafted, intense, epic, extrodinarily satisfying conclusion to the batman trilogy. Although this might be a good movie, it's definetily not for young kids. There is very intensly strong violence, salty language, sexual situations, and some drinking. Violence is the main issue with this batman "threequel", with guns, explosions, neck snapping, sufficating, drowning, torture, and back breaking. There is also a couple of passionate kisses and embraces, one of wich leads to having sex (off camera), then the couple are shown cuddling and making out while naked under the blankets. As far as language goes, there is not much. The B-word is used a couple of times but that is about it. I really love how well Christopher Nolan crafted this movie together and how he made every un-answered question come together. This is a marvelous, marvelous movie, I encourage you to go see it with your 16 year old. My MPAA rating is R sequences of strong violence, disturbing content and images, sexual content, some drinking and brief language.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises is EPIC!

I'm 11 i saw this and it was EPIC!!! It does have quite a bit of violence and language in it though. I do suppose I am 11 but It is amazing! I just say a year up because of the language and violence, anyway it is 12A. I recommend it for 12, maybe younger, if they're up for it and everyone agrees. I think it is the best of the batman films so far though. I hope you do too.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylineman11 July 21, 2012

Best of 3

This is by far the best "Dark Knight" despite the Dark Night the people of Aurora CO faced opening night. This movie is extremely violent, sometimes terrifyingly, but Bruce Wayne/Batman is by far the best superhero role model for kids because he, unlike most others, is just a normal person with a unique way to give back to the City of Gotham
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviefanatic10 July 21, 2012

Dark Knight Rises

Four years after The Dark Knight broke many records both box office and critically, Christopher Nolan decided to put an end to the celebrated trilogy giving us The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan did not dissapoint! The story continues eight years after The Dark Knight left off. Gordan is still trying to hold in the secret that Batman is not the "masked vigilante" gotham thinks he is. Gotham still bielieves that Batman did in fact kill Harvey Dent. This time around the story is more simple but emotional, once Bane takes over Gotham and there is no sign of the Batman it seems all hope is lost. Meanwhile Bruce is in a situation he must overcome. Thats what i liked most about this movie it showed how much Bruce cared about Gotham and the people living there. Back when i heard Anne Hathaway would be playing catwoman i was worried because i thought she was more of a princess (Princess Diaries, Ella Enchanted) not an action hero. I must say that Catwoman was absolutley fantastic and so was Joseph Gordan Levitt as Detective John Blake. Should your kids see it? If they are mature enough to see people getting shot(barely any blood) or explosives i would say go right ahead but this movie is almost three hours and if they dont understand the complexity of the story, it may be boring for them. i would say age twelve being the youngest although there were very young children at my screening and i did not here one word out of them the entire time. My final verdict: although Dark Knight Rises is not as good as Dark Knight it is still a fantastic movie that everyone needs to see!
Adult Written byCareful Parent July 21, 2012

Non-stop Killing and Violence

This was the most violent movie I've ever seen. I am an adult and I walked out when the killings were just too many to stomach any more. This should be a rated R movie for sure. (What is left in the R category if this isn't it???) Sad that this is what passes for "entertainment"!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJesusFreak62 July 22, 2012

Best in the Trilogy and one of the Greatest Movies of All-Time!

The Dark Knight Rises is a truly epic conclusion to the Batman legend. Without spoiling anything, the ending caught me by surprise and was a spectacular twist. It was simply the best ending to a movie I have ever seen in my life. And with " The Dark Knight " being its predecessor and Nolan's " Inception ", there was a lot expected out of it. But Nolan's final installment prevails with a spectacular, emotional, gritty, and legendary finale. He adds all kinds of brilliant twists that catch you off guard and will blow you away. Lets talk about the preformances. Astounding! Every one of these actors that i am about to list should get at least an Oscar Nomination. I am dead serious! These are some of the best performances I have ever seen in a movie. Christian Bale is unbelievable and is his by far best performance as Bruce Wayne/Batman and his best performance ever! Michael Caine is fantastic as usuall as Alfred and delivers some of the most emotional scenes in the film. Tom Hardy is amazing as Bane with his original Darth Vader/Hannibal Lechter/Sean Connery voice and his gut quinching lines. Morgan Freeman is awesome as Lucious Fox and now thankfully gets more screentime in the film and delivers one of the best performances in the film. Thank you for casting Anne Hathaway! She is the best Catwoman ever played in a movie by far and plays the nemesis/ally role how it should be played. She delivers a serious yet comicly relieving performance to the film and should definatly get noticed by the Academy. And finally Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake who gives a riveting and gripping performance to the character. Overall expect to see lots of nominations for Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The original score by Hans Zimmer is spectacular and should win an Oscar for best Original Score due to his phenomenal work. The visuals are stunning as usuall for a Christopher Nolan film. Finally, Give it up to Christopher Nolan for his outstanding work for the Trilogy that will no dout go up in film history and history itself. We will all be looking for his face when the Oscar Nominations spring up for Best Director. We owe it all up to him. All parents need to know about the film is that there is some violence including explosions, fight scenes and mayhem and there is some mild sensuality and some language. Overall, this astounding film is definatly Oscar worthy and is simply one of the greatest films of all-time. Our hearts our out to the families who lost a loved-one in the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado Thursday night at the Midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises. Please pray that God be with those families in this hard time.