All parent member reviews for The Dark Knight Rises

Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bySteffauri516 August 8, 2012

A thrilling finale to an epic saga, iffy for young kids...

Just got back from seeing this movie and I was not let down! As usual, Batman does it again, and this was easily one of the best movies in the series. Now, we know the caped crusader is a hero, but his movies aren't always the best choice for younger kids--- The slightly grim and strict hero from the cartoon adaptation is much more violent and gritty in this movie. There is some swearing, but it's minor, and infrequent. Violence however comes hand in hand with this movie's fast-paced and gripping action scenes; there are lots of explosions, care chases, gunfire, hand-to-hand combat, and scenes of civil war/unrest. There is some blood, but it's minor, the most graphic scene of blood we see is a cut on Batman's forehead, and the (bloody) bandaged face of Bane from a past brawl. There isn't a whole lot of product placement here, but there's a lot dealing with rich vs poor and taking from those within society's top rung to redistribute to the people of Gotham, mostly the escaped/released criminals. Overall, Batman is a hero, and stands up for what's right at any cost; while this can be good and bad, I look at him as being a mostly positive role model, despite the violent fights he engages in during the movie. Although there's nothing overly violent or frightening, the loud explosions and fight scenes may be scary for younger kids. I'd rate this movie on for kids 13 and older.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 7, 2012

14 and up.

this third and final installment batman The Dark Knight Rises is the best batman movie ever filled with lots of action but parents due to the violence in this movie is because of a terrible tragedy of a shoot out that happen at the movie theater in Colorado when the movie batman came out so parents be sure to talk to your kids about the tragedy before you let your kids watch batman the dark knight rises and parents you need to know that The Dark Knight Rises has a lot of intense violence some mild language used and some drinking used the role models are that bruce is a rich man with some nifty gadgets and an extraordinary need to protect the citizens of Gotham as well as avenge the anger that drives him and John Blake is an upstanding, responsible, loyal cop who always tries his best to do the right thing. Selina Kyle starts off as just a ruthless jewel thief, but her interactions with Batman/Bruce help her become less selfish and more helpful. Bruce's two mentors and friends, Alfred and Mr. Fox, are loyal and loving toward him. Bane is cruel and callous.
Adult Written bySlytherin Student July 31, 2012

Batman proves he's got true grit

Batman really proves he has got some serious true grit in this movie. He doesn't give up even when he's forced into impossible situations, he pushes on through his emotions when he is falsely accussed of being a murder and a traitor, and he even is willing to die for his city when his city is ready to take him to Gotham Prison. I couldn't help but cry at the end. It is an amazing movie. It's got a dodgy scene with Bruce and a female that is not his wife, but other than that, not bad on sensuality. Language, yeahhhh there's a bit, but my neighbors say worse things every single day. Only thing I might say for your children being 10+ to watch this, is that if your child has a fear of insane people, Bane will scare them out of their seats. I found him more intimidating and ruthless than Joker, which I didn't know was possible. He frightened me a little bit, and I'm a 20 year old man. And about the violence, don't get me started. Duh! He's a superhero! There's going to be violence here, there, and everywhere! One of my favorite things about Batman is, he won't purpously kill someone. If someone dies on his hands, it was a compleate accident. He never kills. He is a truely good man. This movie has a very positive role model. One of the best movies I have ever seen.
Parent Written byRun boy run. July 29, 2012

Better than the Dark Knight, thats a bold statment I know but its true!

Adult Written bySpaceDead July 27, 2012

Very good movie.

I'm taking my son Aidan out to go see Batman but Aidan's brother has to go to grandmas if i let my Aidan play Dead Space he can watch this. Oh and my Aidan is 8.
Parent Written byJanet A. July 24, 2012

Review

Good film, but won't be taking the kids after what happened in Colorado.
Parent Written byMusicRock668 July 22, 2012

Epic Final Batman Movie Better for old Preteens !

this Movie is Excellent final batman movie but villan in this one bane is very intense scary will scary any kids under ages of Preteen also is Very high Body count of this movie bane kills lot of people by breaking they necks all most of deaths by him is off screen but one is Showing ! this movie is very Violent for young batman fans i saw this movie today they was 3 year in theater today which think is too young see this movie bane is too scary for young kids ! also opening scene is kind Gruesome as shows bane stick these ivs tubes in too guy arm and anne hathway us much of issues with this movie only thing is she is see most in black skin tight Suit in most of the Movie ! i say this Movie is Better For Preteens i love it ! is Must see ! best Batman Movie is great Final Ending Series !
Adult Written byarjuman July 21, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

This movie is the best I have ever seen!Beats Dark Knight and Batman Begins. The storyline is great and alot of action. Make sure to watch in IMAX!!!
Adult Written bySlaidlaw July 20, 2012

good but needs for comedie for the best movie

the movie was awesome but there are some isusues like violence, now thats an issue. there are alot of explosives and alittle torture but it was awesome i would rate for kids 9 and under. but this wasent the best move because it was not really funny i loved the dark knight, now that was very funny, because of the joker
Adult Written bymama k July 20, 2012

Tired of Violence

Just so tired of movies about interesting sociopaths. Can we get some new stories out there that don't pump our imaginations full of destruction? Art imitates Life imitates Art. I would have liked this movie more if I wasn't feeling sorry for the 12 people for whom it was the last thing they saw.
Adult Written byrubberband July 20, 2012

Know Your Child

This is a spectacular movie, but may not be right for younger audiences. Ok, first, love. Batman kisses two women, and there is a scene where he is shirtless on the floor and Miranda Tate is topless but fully covered in a blanket. Nothing a normal seven year old couldn't handle. Violence. Neck snapping that is terribly bad. Men falling down in a firefight. Bane and Batman wrestling. A couple men that get shot. These are to be expected. I have an eleven year old brother who was crushed when he didn't get to go see it at the midnight premiere. But there were some deaths that were a bit too intense, even for kids who have grown up with this kind of violence (a note to devin200, just because we have been desensitized doesn't mean we can recklessly continue watching violent movies). There are men that are forced to walk to their deaths on a frozen river. Officers are shot and strung up for the world to see on one of Gotham's broken bridges. There is a frighteningly psychotic feel to this movie that is spectacular social commentary, but it may be lost on small children. Positive messages and role models. This is something that I feel was done very well. Batman ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to save his city. James Blake is a cop/detective driven to do the best that he possibly can. They both act very selflessly, trying to protect Gotham and stand up for what they each believe in. In the end, it really depends on the kind of child you have. I would have been terrified of this movie when I was 13, but I likely would have understood the messages. My brother is the opposite. Know your child, what they are comfortable with, and what you want them to come away from this movie with.